Overall Review

3.1

December 21st, 2015
Vijesh K. Patel : The man, Myth & Legendary Practitioner
Patel is a very knowledgeable and friendly physician who cares about his patients mental and physical wellbeing. If he tells you something listen to his recommendation because he definitely knows what he is talking to you about. Don't do what he asks you too then you might not live as long as you would've thought. I am typing this as a ghost. For I did not heed the warnings of Dr. Patel and I payed the ultimate price. Now I sit alone and cannot embrace the love of my life or speak to her. I am just a lonesome apparition waiting for the shadow people to try to drag me off to that place we do not speak of in this realm. That's all for now. Just trust me. He's a good doctor and he will do his best to treat you like you would want a practitioner to. I got his back for life!

June 8th, 2015
Dr. V Patel
I have been to his office once and everyone in the office staff is very nice. I heard about him through a friend of mine that goes to him about her diabetic supplies and she said that he is very blunt and don't sugar coat things. So when i went in he was very nice and he talked through everything with me in a point that i understand everything he said to the point i left the office happy enough i didn't have to call back asking the same questions. So i was very pleased with my visit.

May 15th, 2015
Not a compassionate doctor
My mother has been a patient for several years and she is actually AFRAID of Dr. Patel! I accompanied her on her last visit and I found the doctor very arrogant and distant, as if we weren't worth his time. It was very apparent that he had NO compassion or concern for my mother's well-being. He even made a sarcastic comment about the fact that she could not hear well....definitely not a doctor for an elderly patient!! When we asked for his help in selecting a specialist, he told us to "just pick one". I am happy to report that we are now in the process of picking a doctor to be HIS replacement as mother's primary doctor. Something to note is that the office does not accept faxes or credit cards and that patients have "rules" they must follow (there are various signs in the office stating the "rules"). Another thing worth mentioning is that there was an incident (reported on the local news statation) where Dr. Patel ordered a seeing-eye dog and his owner (the patient) out of the office....obviously, this is not a very caring or sympathetic individual.

December 20th, 2014
Dr. Patel is a joke. He refuse to hear anything about the other doctors say in Houston that my family member go to. He told us that my family should put our love one on hospice because they going to die. Because our love one refuse to go on hospice, he refuse to care for him. The specialist in Houston told us to get another doctor

February 12th, 2014
Jerk
Dr. Patel is very thorough but he's also a huge jerk. He blames me for my husband being overweight (saying that it's my job to make sure he does what he's supposed to do) At the same time, when my husband informed him of his plan for weight loss, Dr. Patel told him that it wasn't possible for him to lose weight. No dr should be discouraging his patients from taking steps to improve their health!!!!

February 26th, 2013
No thanks.
Unfriendly, unhappy office staff. High prices ($100 to have a brief conversation). Lamely attempts lowest-common-denominator humor (economy jokes, weather jokes), and after reading the other reviews here, I see why. He is not liked, and for good reason. People who recommend him never mention price, so it's likely not a factor for them. If it is one for you, Patel is not the right choice.

December 18th, 2011
Md
Spent less than 5 minutes and conducted a series of very expensive test. If he would have conducted my requesg for a specific test the diagnosis would have saved me $500. I have changed physicians!

December 2nd, 2011
I would not recommend this physician. His level of arrogance is very high and I believe this covers up potential lack of knowlege. He has ordered tests that his nursing staff have mentioned are unnecessary but requested when there is a self interest. His staff always seems unhappy and he has a high rate of employee turnover. The front desk staff are unfriendly and unprofessional in demeanor and appearance. After 4 years, I have changed physicians to a better local doctor

January 18th, 2011
Great Experience
doctor Patel does not sugarcoat anything. If you have a health problem he is going to be direct about what needs to happen and some people may be offended by that. I like his approach.