by Jenny Galvez on Aug 3rd, 2015

Best ever

Caring doctor listened to all my concerns and questions show details Caring doctor listened to all my concerns and questions
by CGL on Jul 24th, 2015

I found Dr. Merchia to be friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and patient with my long list of questions regarding my condition. I sensed he really cared about my personal situation and that regardless of him having to go overtime with the consult with me, even with the possibility of him already being behind with other patients to follow, he gave me the time and patience and didn't make me feel bad about it either. In my opinion, I would rather a doctor who puts addressing the needs of the patient as higher priority than keeping to an exact schedule. In addition, even though it was not planned for that particular visit, he performed an in-office procedure that was necessary for my treatment plan which not only relieved my high anxiety but also expedited results that I needed. I asked for this to be done and although it really should have been a separate appointment, he kindly did it (and it didn't even hurt and I attribute that to his experience). Because he did this for me despite the impact on his own schedule makes me feel that he cares about each patient's needs which I think is a very important attribute in a doctor. Finally, it was his assurance that this in-office procedure was no big deal and quick that made me able to cancel a hospital visit to perform something similar. He seems to be one of not a large number the specialized knowledge and experience with urogynecology.

one word....RUN show details one word....RUN
Apr 29th, 2015

Run far from this doctor. He is nothing but a crook. I went to him because of some prolapse I had after child birth. After several painful tests he told me that I needed to have a full hysterectomy at age 35!! He wouldn't discuss any other options for me and just kept telling me that no other options would work for me. Something just wasn't sitting right with me, so I got a second opinion from another doctor. The diagnosis and treatment was COMPLETELY different and even the second doctor wasn't sure how Dr. Merchia came to that conclusion. His staff is also the WORST. Extremely rude, unprofessional, and not friendly or sympathetic. Another thing to keep in mind...when I called to make the appointment, I could have been seen that day or pretty much anytime that worked for me. His schedule was wide open. That's because he's such an awful doctor that no one wants to be scheduled with him. RUN! RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR.

Very Satisfied show details Very Satisfied
by emk on Mar 7th, 2013

I became a patient of Dr. Merchia's 3 years ago after my previous Dr. closed her practice. I have been very satisified with all aspects of my care from him. He is very knowledgable, takes time to explain and is always willing to answer any questions I may have. I have never felt rushed through any appointment and on ocassion called and he himself has answered the phone and took care of my concerns. I think that having the PA's in his office is very generous. I have always been happy with the receptionist.

Great Doctor(OBGYN&UROGYNECOLOGY) and very skilled surgeon show details Great Doctor(OBGYN&UROGYNECOLOGY) and very skilled surgeon
Oct 23rd, 2012

He takes time with patient and answer all the question honestly and good sense of humor and caring of patient well being. Has wonderful PA'S student who are respective of patient wishes. The staff is always smiling and tries really hard to accommodated the patients need. they are also Friendly.

Glad He's Not My Doctor show details Glad He's Not My Doctor
Jan 19th, 2012

He is not my doctor, but I had the unfortunate luck of him being the doctor on call when I had an off-hours problem. It was with respect to a condition my regular OB was worried about hence why I called the off-hours line. He basically wrote off that he could not access her notes or records and to call her office next week. Whether he could access my record or not, his dismissive and derogatory attitude to a complication was very upsetting.

awful!! show details awful!!
Jan 3rd, 2012

Very rude and unprofessional staff. Dr. Merchia will not return phone calls. Always insisted students be in on visits, very uncomfortable. Also, insisted I shouldn't have my tubes tied even after having eight children and being in my 40s! Canceled my surgery an hour before my appt because he was "out of town with his wife" then never heard from him for months. Worst of all, he drove his best NP, Martha, out of the office. Thankfully, I was able to find where she has since moved to and will never go back to Dr. Merchia!!

Jun 18th, 2011

great doctor

May 15th, 2011

Office staff is very unprofessional and rude (over phone and in person). Bad attitude every time I've been there. Appointment was made for me, and I wasn't told the NP I had been seeing retired until I drove an hour for my appointment. Finding new place to go.