Dr. Vikas Merchia MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2017
Dr. Vikas Merchia is one of the best doctors out there. I love him.

January 15th, 2017
Very awesome, very helpful. I'm very happy. 👍🏻🤓😊

August 9th, 2016
Having my 2nd baby with dr merchia

February 17th, 2016
amazing
Dr. Merchia is the kindest doctor. He spent extra time with me, truly listened to me. His staff is amazing & kind. I can't imagine seeing any other Doctor. I original saw him for bladder issues. Which we discovered were caused by other problems which we were able to address. He was been with me through 2 pregnancies. One of which ended in still born. No one was more supportive though it than he was. I would sit in the waiting room for hours for this doctor. (I never have, but certainly worth the wait) He does often have students with him. He always asked if it was ok that they come in.

September 25th, 2015
Best GYN/UROLOGIST out there! Very thorough. Pays attention & cares. Bedside manner A+

August 3rd, 2015
Best ever

July 24th, 2015
Caring doctor listened to all my concerns and questions
I found Dr. Merchia to be friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and patient with my long list of questions regarding my condition. I sensed he really cared about my personal situation and that regardless of him having to go overtime with the consult with me, even with the possibility of him already being behind with other patients to follow, he gave me the time and patience and didn't make me feel bad about it either. In my opinion, I would rather a doctor who puts addressing the needs of the patient as higher priority than keeping to an exact schedule. In addition, even though it was not planned for that particular visit, he performed an in-office procedure that was necessary for my treatment plan which not only relieved my high anxiety but also expedited results that I needed. I asked for this to be done and although it really should have been a separate appointment, he kindly did it (and it didn't even hurt and I attribute that to his experience). Because he did this for me despite the impact on his own schedule makes me feel that he cares about each patient's needs which I think is a very important attribute in a doctor. Finally, it was his assurance that this in-office procedure was no big deal and quick that made me able to cancel a hospital visit to perform something similar. He seems to be one of not a large number the specialized knowledge and experience with urogynecology.

September 18th, 2013
Very kind. Very knowledgeable. I feel like I am good hands all around whenever I go there.

March 8th, 2013
Very Satisfied
I became a patient of Dr. Merchia's 3 years ago after my previous Dr. closed her practice. I have been very satisified with all aspects of my care from him. He is very knowledgable, takes time to explain and is always willing to answer any questions I may have. I have never felt rushed through any appointment and on ocassion called and he himself has answered the phone and took care of my concerns. I think that having the PA's in his office is very generous. I have always been happy with the receptionist.

October 23rd, 2012
Great Doctor(OBGYN&UROGYNECOLOGY) and very skilled surgeon
He takes time with patient and answer all the question honestly and good sense of humor and caring of patient well being. Has wonderful PA'S student who are respective of patient wishes. The staff is always smiling and tries really hard to accommodated the patients need. they are also Friendly.

January 20th, 2012
Glad He's Not My Doctor
He is not my doctor, but I had the unfortunate luck of him being the doctor on call when I had an off-hours problem. It was with respect to a condition my regular OB was worried about hence why I called the off-hours line. He basically wrote off that he could not access her notes or records and to call her office next week. Whether he could access my record or not, his dismissive and derogatory attitude to a complication was very upsetting.

January 3rd, 2012
awful!!
Very rude and unprofessional staff. Dr. Merchia will not return phone calls. Always insisted students be in on visits, very uncomfortable. Also, insisted I shouldn't have my tubes tied even after having eight children and being in my 40s! Canceled my surgery an hour before my appt because he was "out of town with his wife" then never heard from him for months. Worst of all, he drove his best NP, Martha, out of the office. Thankfully, I was able to find where she has since moved to and will never go back to Dr. Merchia!!