A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vikas Varma:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Vikas Varma is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Age-Related Problems
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Varma graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Varma has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Hospital of Queens
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Varma accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Vikas V. Varma practice?
Dr. Vikas Varma practices Neurology, Surgery, Pain Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine, Pain Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Pain Medicine near Astoria, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY and Jackson Heights, NY.
See Astoria Neurologists, Astoria Surgeons, Astoria Pain Management Doctors, Astoria Orthopedic Surgeons, and Astoria Cardiologists.