Dr. Vikram Deka Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vikram Deka?

April 14th, 2016

Dr Deka is wonderful. When I walked in to his office for the first time I was greeted by his receptionist. She was nice and professional. All his staff is very nice. When the doctor saw me he took time to fully explain to me my condition and explained to me what he was going to do. When my surgery date arrived he was very thorough and had a good beside manner very compassionate. I would definitely recommend this surgeon to anyone.

January 3rd, 2016

This man saved my life and I want to thank Him

March 5th, 2015

Great choice!

Just an overall great Dr and staff!

October 17th, 2013

Thanks, Dr. Deka!

When I learned my breast biopsy was positive, I cried. I never felt so alone, or so helpless. Of course I was anxious and my head was spinning with questions, but after my first visit with Dr. Deka and his assistant Robby, I felt focused and ready for the battle. Dr. Deka broke it down for me, piece by piece: the nature of my cancer, next steps, my options, etc. He was clear and decisive. Robby readily assured me that I would be able to communicate with them at any time. She helped me understand the various steps, which reduced my anxiety considerably. Chemotherapy would begin soon, and I had a decision to make: was lumpectomy or mastectomy right for me? After some reading, and much thought and prayer, I requested a meeting with Dr. Deka. He answered all my questions (the simple ones, the complex ones, and the ones I thought might be silly). His answers were thorough and thoughtful, and in the end he allowed me to make my own decision. It was a liberating process that made me feel more in control. The mastectomy/reconstruction surgery was seamless. Dr. Deka communicated with my family and friends after the surgery, and answered their questions as well. The outcome of the surgery was excellent. I appreciate the atmosphere of professionalism and yet good humor I experienced in Dr. Deka’s office. I have nothing but kudos for him and would recommend him without hesitation.

February 26th, 2013

Horror

Worst experience ever! Had an infection after surgery and he refused to see me. He told me if I want it done adequately go to the ER. I was appalled! I have nightmares of the surgery being put to sleep and the last thing I remember is the nurse shoving a catheter inside me causing a great deal of pain. Deka did not do his job and another surgeon had to step in to fix his mistakes. My doctors office could not believe how he would treat a patient like they were nothing to him. We just make his house payments I guess!

Doctor's Response

Please let me take this opportunity to express my concern for your situation and health. I pride myself on my reputation and I do make it a point to try to treat all my patients as if they were my own family - unfortunately your review is anonymous and I cannot access any record of your call or surgery. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this, feel free to call me at my office.

SHOW