Dr. Vikram Talwar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vikram Talwar?

Neck surgery

Posted on November 14th, 2017

Dr. Talwar took care of me when other specialist said there was nothing wrong with my neck or back. Turns out, the neck surgery helped both locations. You might have to wait, but he's worth the wait. Highly recommend.

Takes time with me

Posted on May 3rd, 2017

He always makes me feel like I am his only patient and gives me all the time I need. Answers all my questions so that I understand what he is saying.

Posted on March 21st, 2016

I went to see Dr. Vikram Talwar back in 2009 for a lower back issue. At the time I could barely stand up straight after sitting. I couldn't walk for any length of time and had great difficulty getting dressed. Before seeing Dr. T, I had been going to a chiropractor (Dr. Marshall Lee) in San Ramon who was a great chiropractor, unfortunately I would be in just as much pain as soon as I walked out the door. He told me I had to see a specialist and that he could no longer help me. I was referred to Dr. Talwar by Dr. Aaron Salyapongse, both are Specialist with the Webster Group. I loved Dr. Talwar, he was young, very confident, funny, sincere and honest. When we did the exam (he asked a million questions) he had noticed something wasn't right with my reflexes and said he was concerned with what might be going on in my neck. He said "I understand that you're in excruciating pain, but I really need to know what's going on in the neck area". I agreed and he had Gissele (His right arm) write up a form for an MRI. The neck MRI was just as devastating as the lower back. I cried, I was a mess. I had a 7 year old son at home that I wasn't going to be able to play with, hike, run, bike, etc. I was going to end up in a wheelchair. I asked Dr. V what I should do. He said "If you were my sister or Mother, I would suggest doing the fusion in the neck." He showed me where he would make the incision, which was a crease on my neck that as I aged would eventually wrinkle. Thank you Thank you! My husband and I agreed and the surgery was set. I was scared to death. The thought of someone (ANYONE) messing with my neck was downright frightening. Dr. V put me at ease as did the nurses in the O.R. They had nothing but good things to say about him and his success rate. When I awoke in recovery, I felt like a NEW person. I had no pains anywhere. It was fabulous. My follow up visits were just as great. The surgery was a huge success. Yes, I waited in the waiting area with everyone else but, Dr. Talwar wasn't and isn't the only Dr. in the house. Bring a book, video, etc. to occupy your time. You will have a wait (he's worth the wait), no you are not nor will you be their only patient. Have patience! Seeing a lot of patients for these doctors should be a POSITIVE SIGN that they are GREAT at what they do. When the time comes for my back surgery I will go back to Dr. Talwar. He is the best. Thank you Dr. Talwar for giving me my life back. It's 2016 and going strong.

quick and informational visit. diagnosis right on. what happened. i may need surgery

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

Superb Surgeon and Human

Posted on March 19th, 2013

We chose Dr. Vikram for a second opinion regarding my daughter's three herniated discs. He instantly put us at ease and connected with my daughter perfectly. I was present as a support figure, and he appropriately addressed my daughter first, but also put me at ease, fully answering my "worried mother" questions. The first surgeon, Dr. Booth, recommended surgery on all three discs, although only one was causing pain by pressing on the central nerve. Dr. Vikram recommended surgery for just the problem disc to relieve the excruciating and debilitating pain, and to deal with the other two if and when they became a problem. Knowing that my daughter had been bed-ridden in pain for two weeks, Dr. Vikram was able to schedule her for surgery within two days. The surgery went extremely well, and recovery was rapid and full. She has had two follow-up appts - one with the doctor, and one with his Physician's Assistant. If future surgery/ies are needed, we will see Dr. Vikram immediately. He is an approachable, kind human first, and a superb surgeon to boot. It doesn't get better than that.

Got 55% degenerative scoliosis curve down to less than 10% with minmal pain

Posted on September 24th, 2011

Overall surgery experience good; had staff visit patient smiling after surgery; well liked by all the staff (not a snob); very positive and interesting and funny; engages well with patients, family and staff. There is wait sometimes; he is thorough; he listens to patients

Posted on June 28th, 2011

I would recommend Dr Talwar to everyone I know with back pain!

Kent

Posted on June 21st, 2010

The process for diagnosing my disc problem was very thorough. Surgery was not suggested immediately, following review of the MRI report. You need to call ahead, it's somewhat difficult to get an appointment and you may wait some time to see him. The results from surgery were excellent and the sciatic pain completely is gone.

Highly recommended!

Posted on February 3rd, 2009

Firstly i just want to say what a great site! I think it is great that you can research a doctor by other recommendations. Didnt know it existed! I found this doctor through workers comp and I am very pleased with my choice. I got injured about a year ago and have been seeing him for almost a year now. He is always thinking of new ways to ease my symptoms and never gives up on diagnosing the real issue. He has great bedside manner. You can just tell he really cares about his patients and gives me hope at each appointment with his sense of humor. He will make you laugh and for a moment forget about how much pain you are in. If you have any spinal issues i recommend dr. Talwar to anyone. He takes time with you and answers all your questions by really listening. He is a real gem. Especially if you have negative experiences with other doctors. He is smart and up to date and i feel confident that one day with his help,i will be fixed!

Posted on December 16th, 2008

Great and compassionate doctor. I highly recommend him.

Great doc.

Posted on November 26th, 2008

Dr. talwar is a fantastic doctor. He is caring and respectful of his patients. He is very down to earth with a great sense of humor, so he is easy to talk to. He listens to his patients and truly cares about getting them the optimal treatment. I am workers comp and he is the only doctor that has truly helped me with my low back issues. I highly recommend him to anybody!

Posted on September 20th, 2017