Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Bloomfield Hills
4610 Cimarron Dr
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

• Currently 2.8620689655172 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
by J Smith on Mar 4th, 2014

Long waiting times.Staff very rude and never calls back.Not a good doctor.

|  BUTCHER!  |  show details
by Jaime Smith on Apr 17th, 2013

I would recommend you see a vet before this doctor. He has zero bedside manner. Will not explain anything to you about your condition. Watch out for Malviya Monday. He only operates that one day. Hope you are not one of the 2AM procedures after he has worked a full day! His interns are awful. Has a god like attitude. Seek other care.

Mar 16th, 2013

Patience is the key to Dr. Malviya. If you have an appointment call ahead to check in. The office will call you when it is time to call in. Yes your appt may be at Noon and you might not be seen until 8 pm better to sit at home then at the office for 8 hour. He is well worth the wait!!!

|  Awful, Abusive practive of medicine!  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

Diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Was told he was the best in the state of Michigan. Waited 5 1/2 hours the first visit and was told by others in the waiting room that was "short". Waiting 8 hours the second time and was told it would be at least another 2, probably 3 hours! I was too sick to wait for this doctor who is so highly recommended. I couldn't imagine waiting that long being nauseous from surgery and chemo! I find this treatment of patients abusive. Even the staff agreed, but couldn't do anything because that is the way he works. Others in the waiting room said he gets very little sleep and rumor has it he sometimes sleeps in his office or at the hospital! He must be high on energy drinks in order to work around the clock. One lady told me she probably wouldn't see him until 1:00 in the morning! Even the security guard in the building asked if we were the last to leave because he was waiting to lock up at 3:30 in the morning. He may be a great surgeon and really know his stuff, but I would rather find another specialist, even if I had to travel outside of Michigan. Someone could die in his waiting room. And it seems weird to me that he didn't have a partner to help see his patients quicker or at least several nurse practitioners to see you. Just awful doctor. This isn't India where people wait forever to see a doctor, and he isn't a resident and shouldn't be sleeping in his office! Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

My first and only experience with this doctor...I will never go back...I don't care if he it the top doctor. He is horrible. He is rude, uncaring, insentitive his answer is operate and take everything...no preventive measures, we can watch and screen...tolf me my organs was trashed and trash belong in the garbage can...no God made me and you don't tell anyone their organs are trash thats mean and cruel...tryig to use scare techtics to make you have surgery...based on genetic pool you will eventually get cancer well i don't have it now and cut my breast off to lessen my chance for breast cancer...no thank you I will find the 2nd best doctor with bedside manners and compassion...the wait time is unreal 6 hours...no compassion i'll continue to pray to God for my healing and find other options...surgery is not always the only or best option...

Apr 19th, 2012

This Doctor has a HORRIBLE bedside manner. He is insensitive and rude. His patients have to wait over 6 hours to get in after their designated appointment time (which usually ended up being about 3:00 a.m.). When my mother (his patient for 8 years) was dying in the hospital he never even came in to see her and he was at the hospital.

|  Too eager to operate  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

He was more than willing to do major surgery on my 89 year-old mother with advanced disease. The clear opinion from several other doctors we consulted was that surgery would not help her.

|  We switched doctors  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

This man has a reputation of being the best of the best, which may be true. However, we are fortunate to live in this area where there at least a few others who are also up there with him. The constant waiting of 6 hours for each and every visit and the extreme rudeness of many of the staff (especially front desk and chemo RN) were more than we could tolerate. Don't feel that you are trapped to stay even if you are in the middle of your treatments. Switching to another oncologist was the best move we made.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2011

I know the main complaint regarding Dr. Malviya is the wait time to see him. Personally,the wait time doesn't bother me. I would wait in his office for 24 hours straight just to get a chance to meet with him. He's a great doctor (he's noted as one of the top in HOUR magazine) and he does save lives. I am so thankful that he accepted me as his patient. I have complete faith in his abilities to manage my cancer

Nov 25th, 2011

I first met with Dr. Malviya on Friday, Dec. 12,2008. He thought surgery was necessary, immediately, and scheduled it for Monday, Dec. 15. He operated around 11PM on that Monday when an operating room became available. He had another surgery scheduled after mine. I am sure Dr. Malviya did not arrive home until 3 or 4 A.M. or maybe he didn"t go home at all that night. Was he late for office appointments on Tuesday? I'm guessing yes. Were appointments backed up? I'm guessing yes. Did he work til midnight to fit them all in? I'm guessing yes. If people wonder why he is always running late, it's probably because he was presented with a patient in need of immediate surgery who he did not think could run the risk of waiting a week or two until his schedule wasn't so tight. I'll gladly put up with late night follow up appointments because I know he was probably up late the night before with a patient who needed immediate or extra attention. I for one will always be grateful to Dr. Malviya for giving me the chance to "wait" for him in the years to come-however many there will be.

|  One of a Kind  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2011

The man is unique...how often do you find a Dr willing to work until after midnight seeing patients because he gives each one as long as they need? The wait is indeed long, but you are able to "sign in" from home and they will call you when your turn is about an hour away, giving you time to come to the office. I live over an hour away and this still works for me. Someone mentioned him working only for more money; please, this is pure dedication to the field not a person striving to get richer. Someone also mentioned his "scientific" approach. I actually appreciate this in him. I want someone thinking about my case on an individual basis using exact knowledge to determine my treatment...not lumping me into a group of similar symptoms/problems with a "trying this route and see how it goes" attitude.

Aug 15th, 2011

VERY COMPASSIONATE, DID NOT RUSH, ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS.

May 24th, 2011

Once Dr. Malviya enters the examing room the over long wait is almost forgotten. He is attentive and caring.

Apr 2nd, 2011

The staff is extremely unfriendly. In fact, downright rude. The doctor was not compassionate....very mean! Not a good experience. I stuck with him due to fear, but in hindsight I should have found a new doctor.

by carole powell on Sep 9th, 2010

horrible wait time to see him (at a very advanced stage, my daughter got called to come in for her 3:00 p.m. appointment at 11:30 at night) or even get a response from him - as mentioned by someone else, new patients are obviously his priority - lack of empathy - aloofness about concerns - discouraged my daughter from seeking more proactive solutions to her stage 4 ovarian cancer - cost her valuable time and pain by allowing her intestines to adhese to eachother during her initial surgery and then waited a very extended period of time before he went back in and corrected his error - I think he has been highly overrated and is more anxious to acquire as many patients as he can rather than help his current patients - he doesn't really seem to care about their outcome as long as he has a thriving practice

|  Long, long wait  |  show details
by Diane on Jul 27th, 2010

Perhaps Dr. Malviya is a good surgeon, but he didn't help much with problems that came up after surgery. Also, the wait time for each appointment was IN EXCESS of 6 hours. My first wait time was 8 hours. This is not "spending as much time as needed with each patient". This is VERY POOR office management. I was working 10 hour days and trying to figure out a way to get enough sleep on the day I had an appointment. I didn't feel compassion at all from the doctor, only a scientific interest and a detailed documentation of the visit. Each case of his will probably be part of some book he's going to write. I would not recommend this doctor unless there is no one else who can do your specific type of surgery.

|  oncologist ONLY  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2009

Typical wait time is 10 hours. New patients are priority. Cares for his patients, however seems to be more out for the money. Should stick to gy oncology only; no bedside manor/understanding of other fields. Cancer patients should be home resting, not waiting hours for him. Stingy with pain medicine. If you want relief for the pain, find another doctor. Will place patients on the back burner simply because he doesn't have time. Does physical exams with no females other then the patient present. Does not respond to messages or emergencies; if he contacts back its hours later.

|  Exceptional doctor, exceptional care!  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2009

Dr. Malviya is truly an *exceptional* doctor - it is rare to find someone who has both incomparable technical knowledge and such a capacity for emotional compassion. Like someone else mentioned, he is very patient and will take the time with his patients to answer any questions they may have - in a way that is both upfront and compassionate. He fights for his patients and like another person mentioned, I feel he saved my life. The only downside is having to wait much longer (typically) in the waiting room, but I didn't mind at all because I understood it was to be able to spend the time necessary with each patient. I feel extremely fortunate to have been under his care!

May 20th, 2009

This man literally saved my life.My family and I are forever grateful...thank you.

|  Bring a lunch.....  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2009

An excellent, excellent doctor. But the waiting time in the "wait room" is usually 4 - 6 hours. Sometimes he feeds you (pizza) or you may wish to bring a bag lunch. He spends as much time as needed with his patients. Thus, the long wait. And since he is so good, the patients are willing to wait.