Dr. Vinay Malviya MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 20th, 2016
You might have to wait a bit for this doctor but it's well worth the wait
Dr. Malviya perfomed my hysterectomy and he is brilliant I can even wear a bikini! Professional, accurate in his observations and refreshingly truthful.

May 31st, 2016
Caring caring best describes him, had a full hysterectomy and am having a great easy full recovery!!

October 10th, 2015
I love this mans talent. He has treated my 2 forms of ovarian cancer and I am in remission today. He works odd hours my appointment last night was at 5:20 they called me to come in to my appointment at 11:30. I left the office at 1:45 AM. This is dedication he will answer all your question I trust him completely. I would refer my sisters to Dr. Malviya in a heartbeat.

September 30th, 2015
The wait time at Dr. Malviya's office is controversial about him but he is truly the best gynecologic surgeon in the state of Michigan. He is extremely caring and works harder than any physician I know and GETS RESULTS. Yes you will wait long to see him, but you do get an appointment soon (instead of three-six months from that day), and he works tirelessly to make sure that all of his patients get the medical attention they need as soon as he can. Doesn't it show an immense amount of dedication that he is still willing to see you at 10-11 PM at night? It's unconventional, but you do get seen instead of told that you will have an appointment in 5-6 months from now. He isn't the "nicest" man who will pet your hand and baby you but quite honestly I needed a doctor like him in my corner to help me beat my stupid cancer! Thanks Dr. Malviya

August 4th, 2015
Dr. will go to any length to cure you

March 12th, 2015
waiting time
have to wait hours after your appointed time...

February 25th, 2015
Your 10pm appointment is here
I had a follow up visit scheduled a few weeks after my surgery, at 4:40PM. His staff informed me, when I scheduled that appointment, that I should NOT come to the office at that time. They said to CALL at 4:40pm. When I called at 4:40pm, they told me it would be a quite a while till he would be able to see me and that they would call me and tell me when to come in. THEY CALLED ME AT 9:55PM. The woman that called me said to "come on in," as if this was some normal time of the day. WHAT? I am outraged that he runs his practice without ANY regard for his patients. The women that go to him either have cancer or think they have cancer, then he makes them wait. As if WASTING time waiting for him is going to make things better. He should be reviewed for unbelievably poor business practices.

October 21st, 2014
This man can save your life.
A lot of people may not like his candor but I know from experience that he is the best around. I have talked to many other of his patients that had gone to other doctors only to have their cancer come back because the first doctor didn't remove all affected tissue or downplayed the seriousness of their condition. Yes you will wait to see him. We have been in his office at 2:00 am but they let you call in and then they will call you an hour before for you to come in. Yes he works long hours, but he is also the guy they call when another surgeon gets in trouble. He is kind and patient and will give you the time you need to think and ask questions. Many may not like to hear what he says because he tells it like it is. You are free to live in denial but odds are you won't live long if you don't heed his advise. Sorry to say not all patients will survive but that has more to do with you condition when you first see him than with his ability. Don't be fooled by others opinions, he may be tired because he works long hours but he knows his stuff and knows every detail of every patient he sees. You could not find better if you tried.

March 4th, 2014
Patient
Long waiting times.Staff very rude and never calls back.Not a good doctor.

April 17th, 2013
BUTCHER!
I would recommend you see a vet before this doctor. He has zero bedside manner. Will not explain anything to you about your condition. Watch out for Malviya Monday. He only operates that one day. Hope you are not one of the 2AM procedures after he has worked a full day! His interns are awful. Has a god like attitude. Seek other care.

November 28th, 2012
Awful, Abusive practive of medicine!
Diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Was told he was the best in the state of Michigan. Waited 5 1/2 hours the first visit and was told by others in the waiting room that was "short". Waiting 8 hours the second time and was told it would be at least another 2, probably 3 hours! I was too sick to wait for this doctor who is so highly recommended. I couldn't imagine waiting that long being nauseous from surgery and chemo! I find this treatment of patients abusive. Even the staff agreed, but couldn't do anything because that is the way he works. Others in the waiting room said he gets very little sleep and rumor has it he sometimes sleeps in his office or at the hospital! He must be high on energy drinks in order to work around the clock. One lady told me she probably wouldn't see him until 1:00 in the morning! Even the security guard in the building asked if we were the last to leave because he was waiting to lock up at 3:30 in the morning. He may be a great surgeon and really know his stuff, but I would rather find another specialist, even if I had to travel outside of Michigan. Someone could die in his waiting room. And it seems weird to me that he didn't have a partner to help see his patients quicker or at least several nurse practitioners to see you. Just awful doctor. This isn't India where people wait forever to see a doctor, and he isn't a resident and shouldn't be sleeping in his office! Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!

May 18th, 2012
Would not recommend
My first and only experience with this doctor...I will never go back...I don't care if he it the top doctor. He is horrible. He is rude, uncaring, insentitive his answer is operate and take everything...no preventive measures, we can watch and screen...tolf me my organs was trashed and trash belong in the garbage can...no God made me and you don't tell anyone their organs are trash thats mean and cruel...tryig to use scare techtics to make you have surgery...based on genetic pool you will eventually get cancer well i don't have it now and cut my breast off to lessen my chance for breast cancer...no thank you I will find the 2nd best doctor with bedside manners and compassion...the wait time is unreal 6 hours...no compassion i'll continue to pray to God for my healing and find other options...surgery is not always the only or best option...