Dr. Vinayak Shanbhag MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Orange, CA

December 14th, 2016
very caring, he spends the time to understand and treat the problem. I had to leave his care for insurance issues. I know wish I had continued under his care even if I paid out of pocket.

March 19th, 2015
Best psychiatrist I've ever had. Dr. Shanbhag truly cares about his patients. He knows more about Bipolar (my diagnosis) than anyone I've ever come into contact with. He likes to have his patients on as little medication as possible, and also recommends natural approaches to compliment the meds, such as exercise and omega-3s. He goes out of his way to communicate on the phone in between appointments. I feel completely trustful in his care. In fact, he is retiring soon, and I was so upset when I found out, since I don't believe there are any others out there as good as him. And he really cares about what's going on in my life, similarly to a therapist, instead of just medicating symptoms... He treats the whole person, body, and spirit, which is a big deal to me.

January 16th, 2012
Best Dr Around
Vary carinng, leaves you knowing he wants the best for you.

December 28th, 2011
Dr Shanbhag has an amazing bed side manner. He replys to messages in a very timely manner. What means the most to me is his ability to treat so many others yet he makes each visit as if you are his only patiant. He greets you with a warm smile and a hand shake. I wish more people in the medical feild perform to the level of Dr Shabhag

July 8th, 2011
Excellent Psychiatrist
Dr. Shanbhag is an excellent psychiatrist. He is always prompt and returns calls consistently the same day. He works with you to get you on the best program suited for your needs. He doesn't believe in 'settling' for average results-he goes for the best and reaches it. This is a big change from other psychiatrists I've been to. Spends a lot of time with you to make sure you're on track. He has given me referrals to other doctors which have turned out to be of the same excellent caliber.

December 13th, 2010
This doctor is great. He really, really cares about his patients. I am so happy I found him!

December 22nd, 2008
Dr. Shanbhag is an exceptional doctor and human being. He is one of the very best doctors I have ever had. It is very clear to me he is a warm and caring doctor. Who else would walk to the parking lot to say hello to my wife. I feel fortunate I came to Dr. Shanbhag's office.