Dr. Vincent Apicella DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

June 22nd, 2016
Concerned more about helping themselves financially then helping patients
Premier family health should have a revolving door and a teller. When you are I'll it's literally impossible to get a same day appointment instead they refer you to the urgent care center (also owned by the practice and charge a higher co pay). When you are I'll the purpose of a GP or PCP should be to rely on them when needed. A patient should never have to go to urgent care during business hours! In addition, they conviently have a practice for health & wellness that sell types products you can purchase much cheaper in a local pharmacy or local vitamin store. I have called and been put on extensive hold for over 15 minutes on average..have waited up to 45 minutes or more to be seen..never have seen dr Apachella or Bago once...and have been directed to go to urgent care needlessly instead of being seen by a pa or dr in the office. This practice is a medical mall that is not dedicated to the care of their patients, take a great deal of time to get referrals and are extremely unprofessional and heartless.

November 6th, 2015
We selected Dr. Apicella as our PCP, not once has he attended us personally, we are usually attended by his Physician Assistants. I have waited over 45 minutes to be attended. I feel like we are just a number, there is no personal attention in this office. We are definitely looking for another Doctor.

September 1st, 2015
Had an 2:00 appointment, got to the office early and was in and out in no time. Staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. Waiting room and exam were clean.

July 22nd, 2015
Family Premier is great. May husband and I are both very satisfied with services provided. The staff are helpful, pleasant and courtesy. Reecha in the urgent care is very knowledgeable along with both the staff down stairs and upstairs. Please keep up the good work

April 30th, 2015
He has been my Physician for almost 11 years , seen my family through all, and I would not trust anyone else. Both him and his beautiful wife Maria Clara care more about their Patients than anyone than I have ever worked with in the 30 years that I have been in Medicine.

April 23rd, 2015
Questions not addressed in last few visits
I need answers now not in three months.To many to list in FIFTEEN words .

April 14th, 2015
Sad
Everyone is very friendly, but unfortunately at this drs. office you are just a number and just a dollar sign. It's too bad I really wanted to like them! Was a patient for 5 years and never felt like they really cared about me or my family. In and out……Like a fast food joint

December 19th, 2014
Vp operations
Wiaited 40 minutes as I was the seventh perso on the que staff was very rude dr is not accepting new patients this place is a joke. Need to fun a née doctor

September 22nd, 2014
Not Happy With this Facility
Pros: The office is nice, they have a radiology office nearby, as well as an urgent care for treatment up until 8:00 p.m. I never saw a doctor, only a PA for a broken ankle. They didn't do the diagnosis. Cons: This office was completely unable to get my referrals correct. I had a broken ankle and had to wait 3 days to get it set properly. Any time I needed a referral, I had to stay on top of them and call every day for days ahead of the appointment, and they still screwed it up. It cost me HOURS of waiting at the orthopedic doctor's office on more than one occasion waiting for them to get their stuff together. Considering this is a primary physician and their main purpose is to provide referrals, you would think they would have the process down, but they don't. If you don't follow up with them, and you show up at a specialist's office, don't be surprised if the specialist won't see you because they never got the referral. Bottom line: I would NOT recommend this office unless you enjoy spending a lot of time on the phone (horrible hold music, BTW) making sure they do their job. I am in the process of finding a new primary doctor.

March 10th, 2014
moved on
He does not explore other avenues to come to a correct diagnosis

December 3rd, 2013
What is up with these people?
My mother is a patient at this facility. Apparently these people are not on top of things. My mom needs to be placed in assisted living and they have been able to fill out a simple form promply. Her health is on the line here and I have been told they will do the form but they do not. In addition, I have checked on my Mom's prescriptions and this guy writes scripts without checking for drug interactions. I'd beware of this place if I were you. They also like to put you on hold and then hang up on you. NICE!!

October 11th, 2012
OK
Dr. A seemed professional though his office staff unfortunately is not, one hand does not know what the other does and the staff does not seem to care either.