Dr. Vincent Buchinsky MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 18th, 2013
Should Examine His Own Prior Life
Took my son there years ago while he was in college. Berated him on sex before marriage etc. Inflicted his religious views on us and asked too many questions that was none of his business since those questions did not pertain to the reason for the office visit. Can see that he has not changed at all. As a self professed Christian why was he dating years ago when he was separated from his wife?

June 27th, 2012
Avoid unless you want to be "saved"
I was initially told that I would be seeing his wife for my yearly physical but they switched to him without notifying me. He tries to force his religion on patients. Nothing about the practice indicates that it is religiously associated. I was referred to this doctor by a coworker since I am new to the area. I was there for a physical and I was already changed into a gown once he arrived in the room. After the typical questioning about meds and such he then asked me if I went to church. I recognized that this was an odd line of questioning, but being only in the paper gown I couldn't really just up and walk out. When I said "no" he asked why and told me that I should find a church and start reading the bible starting with the old testament, and develop my relationship with god since "he created us and created everything." I thought that would be the end of it, but he revisited his recommendations at the end of the exam. So yeah, unless you want to be "saved," go elsewhere

February 6th, 2012
Worse ever
If I could give him a negative rating...I would. By far, the worst doctor I've seen in my life.

August 31st, 2011
I've been going to this hospital for awhile now, and this is the first time I've had Dr. V. Buchinsky. I didn't find Dr. Buchinsky to be as unfriendly as some of the other reviewers said, but he was definitely trying to push his beliefs on me-to the point of lecturing me about going to church and abstinence before marriage. It didn't bother me too much because I'm used to blocking this stuff out, but I wouldn't want to show up here in a burkah or a skullcap. I had come in for a physical and a tuberculosis test for school, and he seemed to forget about the TB test entirely(which was the main reason I had come in) until I brought it up. Overall, he seemed like a nice enough guy, but he should keep his religion out of his practice. As for the hospital, the staff are usually pretty friendly, but over the years I've found them to be a bit disorganized.

March 28th, 2011
Waste of my life and copay to go here. He is a conservative, overly opinionated dr who would rather lecture a 30 yr old woman than treat. He is an embarassment to the healthcare industry. I work in the healthcare field as well and was appalled at his complete lack of professionalism. He should be removed as an MD. It is several months since I saw him and I am still in shock over his behavior. Although I wrote a poor review on another website, I really do feel his "care" warrants another bad review. If I could give negative stars...i absolutely would.

November 26th, 2010
This guy should be prohibited from practicing
My family and I have been long time patients of Manassas Family Medicine and have never had any problems what so ever, until my daughter's last visit. Granted we have never dealt with Vincent Buchinsky until recently either otherwise I would have posted a complaint and left the practice a long time ago. I truly feel for the staff members and other doctors who work for this practice as they are all top notch. My daughter and I scheduled an appt. with Dr. Buchinsky recently for what appeared to be a common UTI. Everything was going as expected until Vincent Buchinsky walked in (we thought our appt. was scheduled w/ Elizabeth Buchinsky as she is my daughter's primary) we were at first taken back but figured "hey he's a Dr. so it shouldn't be that big of a deal, after all we've dealt with every other Dr. at the practice and we've never had an issue", not this time. As soon as Vincent walked in he looked down his nose at both my daughter and I,glanced at her medical records and started inquiring of her symptoms. He also asked if she was sexually active, to which she answered no to his disbelief. He then went on prodding at her abdomen and pounding on her back a couple of times before he asked her to sit back upright on the table. At this point he proceeded to step right up in front of her and ask if she had ever been tested for any STD's. She answered "no I thought I would have to have sex in order to get an STD", he then said "Well from the symptoms you've described I believe you have Chlamydia, I also felt an abnormal mass on your left side so I would like for you to get that examined as well". My daughter at this point is horrified wondering how she could ever contract a sexually transmitted disease and how numerous physicians that have previously examined her could have missed a strange mass on her side (she is currently taking Accutane for her acne, and in order to even qualify to see a dermatologist about this medication she had to pass a completely clean bill of health, which was given by Elizabeth Buchinsky). Before allowing us to leave Vincent also felt it necessary to interject his personal opinion of her clothing, make up and body piercings saying "it appeared that she was open for business". Needless to say neither of us have ever been so offended. I immediately took her to a different Dr. for a second opinion, her diagnosis was a UTI and the "deadly tumor" in her side turned out to be a rib. This "doctor" is a joke and if you happen to see him walk into your examination room I would highly suggest you leave immediately.

November 13th, 2009
Horrible
My family has been with this practice for years. I'm uncertain WHY we stayed with them, because I have heard numerous negative remarks and experiences from my mother, father and siblings. This particular doctor is by far the worstFor 6 months, I had a horrible experience with repetitive yeast infections leading to urinary tract infections. I lost count of the number of appointments I made with Manassas Family Medicine for this problem, but it was AT LEAST 12 times in the span of 6 months. I saw several different doctors, and each of them gave me only a few minutes, and didnt seem to care or realize how significant it is to have SO MANY UTIs back to back to back. They all treated it the same more prescription drugs to get rid of the problem here and now; no one cared to listen; no one cared to find the UNDERLYING cause. When my body became immune to one prescription, they moved me to anotherand another (this third caused severe stomach pain, so I had to stop taking it, and was put back on the second). In spite of medication, I continued to get infections. They took blood work numerous times (even when I said, well, you already took my blood just two weeks ago, and it came back with no unusual results, so I would really rather not), increasing my bill.I was already suspicious of a latex allergy, so I switched to polyurethane condoms. This also didnt help. I had seen two or three other doctors at MFM before seeing Vincent Buchinsky, and I vowed never again to see this doctor again. I have never had a doctor impose his personal, or religious views upon me; actually, I thought it was illegal to do so (perhaps a nave, silly thought). As I explained my symptoms, possible causes, chronic trouble with infectionsetc. Dr. Buchinsky looked at me as though I were an incompetent fool. When I was done, he went into this diatribe of how young men want nothing more than sex. He talked as if *young* men are brutes who USE women for sex, and that WOMEN who have sex before marriage will be forever scarred, and that their relationship would always be unfulfilling. I felt like it was a personal attack; like he was claiming I was a tainted, horrible and nave young woman in a loveless relationship, doing something unholy that would cause me to lose my soul. I was stunned. I seriously couldnt say a wordjust sat there with bugged-out eyes. He concluded that the solution to my avoiding UTIs is to abstain from sex until married. I left feeling shocked, angry, not at all helped, and most of allextremely uncomfortable and exposed. It is my opinion that doctors should be understanding and open to ALL beliefs and ways of life; should not judge, and certainly should not make a patient feel uncomfortable. Besides, marriage doesnt magically make an infection go away.I went back only once more out of desperation for a prescription to treat a UTI. I have since done my own research online, reading up on similar situations women have had with reoccurring UTI, and coming across a few suggestions/recommendations to avoid latex (already done) and use certain lubricants. I read some studies about lubricants leading to yeast infections, which resulted in UTIs due to the glycerin/glycol in them (SUGAR!) I tossed the lube I had, and found sugar-free options. I increased my water intake; cut back a bit on sugar, and my 6 months of being riddled with UTIs came to an end! That the 4 or 5 doctors I saw at this practice repeated the same treatment without a change/positive results, and never saw this conclusionSAD.

October 30th, 2009
Good doctor, gave me lots of persona time
He has a great bedside manner, spent a lot of time with me. Scheduled tests that I needed. Very nice blood work. No complaints from me. I am surprised by the guy who gave Dr Buchinski two stars but mentioned that Dr B may have saved his vision. Wow.

December 8th, 2008
Generally bad experience, but he did give me one piece of advice that may have saved my sight, really
For the most part, I had a pretty bad experience with this practice and this doctor. I went there after an absolute emergency (vision loss) and just felt like I was stared at like a crazy person. I mean, so what that I was upset, sleepless and crying, I was a young mother with a medical emergency. Oh, and the biggie: my eye doctors suspected lupus, but the lab at this practice kept mishandling my blood so I had to come back three times (three times) to give the lupus sample. I didn't care about coming back three times. I cared about going for a month not knowing if I had lupus or not! Now, the one good thing: Dr. Buchinsky was the only one who recommended that I drink a lot of water (the eye doctors said there was "nothing" that could be done). So I drank a lot of water, a ton of water, and it may be the thing that saved my vision. But it was still just a really bad, upsetting experience.

September 11th, 2008
Religion Pusher
I went to see Dr Buchinsky for a referal. And He suggested I put a little christ in my life. He even wrote it out on a script. I have never felt so uncomfortable and creeped out as when I went to see Dr Buchinsky. You will notice is his waiting room that it is filled with Christian Mags..Not that theres anything wrong with church . I just didnt feel it was the time or place for a Pin down (here eat a little christ).

April 6th, 2008
I have tried this Dr and his staff several times and each time I have left and went somewhere else. You would think after leaving for several years and return the service would be better...NO! each time the service is worse. I have left for a third time and will not return. His staff is just as bad...rude. Dr Buchinsky run his practice like a assembly line...let's see how fast we can get them in and out. If you get 5 minutes with the Doctors you are one lucky person.

March 28th, 2017