Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Dr.  |  show details
by Carmen Nieves on Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Gaudiani performed a valve repair on my sister. He spent time with us explaining the details of the surgery. We felt at ease with him, he didn't rush the visit, explained everything and took good care of my sister. I met other patients at the hospital that were his patients and we all think he is great. I would defintely recommend him.

|  Saved my life  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

He is the best doctor I have ever encountered. The time that I had spent there was calming and gental. The people were all great.This was my 4th open heart and yet the best one ever. Dr Gaudiani was confident in his ability to help me and that initself eased my fears.

|  Can't say enough good things..  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

I have a congenital defect which was repaired twice as a child. I am now in my 30's, and it was discovered through MRI that I would need yet another procedure....I saw several surgeons in researching the problem and making a decision about where I would have the repair done, including Stanford and UCSF. Of the several surgeons my husband and I met with, Dr. Gaudiani was the only one who took the time to really study my problem ahead of time, recommended an additional test which would give him a better view of the problem, and ultimately identified a completely different repair than what was suggested by the others.The team he has working with him at Sequoia in the cardiac ICU is phenominal - I cannot say one negative thing about my time or the care that I received there.

|  He gave me my mom back.  |  show details
by Bill Stanton on Feb 21st, 2011

My 81 year old mother raised me as a single parent when my father died less than a year after I was born. Having suffered an illness as a child, she had damage to her aortic valve and later developed extreme calcification in her heart and vessels. She had a heart attack in 2008 and then another episode in 2009. The doctors gave her a year, maybe a bit more, but maybe less. She was slipping away from us, from me. After viewing the ominous results of her angiography, I was so terrified at the thought of losing mom, words cannot describe. She's was such a central part of my life for so long that I can't imagine the world without her. At 81, I knew such a day was coming, but I didn't want it to be now. Nobody does, but it seemed that it shouldn't - couldn't - be her time. We were referred to Dr. Gaudiani and after one consultation, I knew she was in the best possible hands, and so did she. Few people I've met strike me so quickly as incredibly gifted, but this man communicates on such a level that I was just moved. As daunting as the valve and bypass were at her age, I knew that if there was one person on this earth to do it, it was him.It was a long and arduous surgery. 7 hours that were the longest of my life. But after everything, the recovery, the little ups and downs here and there, her prognosis was never really in doubt. This work, by everyone involved, was brilliant. My mother received the best care, constant attention. It could not have been better, and being at this point, nearly a year later, knowing how mom is enjoying her life and how much we love having her in ours... Brings me tears of joyous elation and deep gratitude that knows neither bounds nor adequate expression. Thank you. Dr. Gaudiani, your surgical staff, everyone who helped us at CPMC. It was an adventure, but you gave us not just hope, but real faith in the best possible outcome. We, I, owe you everything. May life, God or whatever design makes things happen in the universe bring you the rewards you deserve for saving lives like you did for my mom.

|  show details
by Janet Moose, Truckee, CA. on Jan 25th, 2011

Words cannot express my respect for Dr. Gaudiani. He has operated on me twice. I was a high risk patient, referred by my cardiologist in Reno, NV., and I needed the best surgeon due to my young age and grafting three vessels, and one aortic heart valve implant. I had rheumatic fever as a child, causing severe heart damage, couple that with familial high cholestrol. It was tuff! In 2007, I had my second open heart. My mytral valve gave up and I needed one more vessel graft, couple this with an enlarged heart chamber and being on blood thinner since 1979. I didn't feel scared the first time or the second time, but yes of course I was nervous, and in the good hands of my life saver, Dr Gaudiani, I wouldn't be happily married, traveled, see my nephew get married, retire, fish, play, ski, etc. My life was absolutely saved because of Dr. Gaudiani. If someone out there needs a compassionate, intelligent, and cool doctor, he is the one for you and your family. I owe him my life and I love him always for that

|  The best cardiac surgeon in the country  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2010

I can't fathom how Dr. Gaudiani could get anything less than a perfect rating from anyone. For us, he well deserves his nickname of "God" but is so humble that you would never know it. He did a mitral valve prolapse repair and Maze procedure on my husband, and several of the doctors that we talked to weren't even going to attempt a repair (instead of a valve replacement). Dr. Gaudiani did an amazing job, and a few years later, my husband is hiking, running, working out and in great shape. He had a follow up Echo where the technician was extremely impressed at the repair, whose quality was evident just from the imaging, and wanted to know what hospital and doctor had done this. In addition. Dr. Gaudiani is a kind, generous, informative person who I am convinced does his very best for all of his patients. He takes his time and follows up with his patients and is genuinely caring - a truly wonderful human being. You should be so lucky to put yourself in his hands. I would not hesitate if anyone I knew ever needed heart surgery.