Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Great Dr. show details Great Dr.
by Carmen Nieves on Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Gaudiani performed a valve repair on my sister. He spent time with us explaining the details of the surgery. We felt at ease with him, he didn't rush the visit, explained everything and took good care of my sister. I met other patients at the hospital that were his patients and we all think he is great. I would defintely recommend him.

Saved my life show details Saved my life
Apr 29th, 2012

He is the best doctor I have ever encountered. The time that I had spent there was calming and gental. The people were all great.This was my 4th open heart and yet the best one ever. Dr Gaudiani was confident in his ability to help me and that initself eased my fears.

Can't say enough good things.. show details Can't say enough good things..
Aug 18th, 2011

I have a congenital defect which was repaired twice as a child. I am now in my 30's, and it was discovered through MRI that I would need yet another procedure....I saw several surgeons in researching the problem and making a decision about where I would have the repair done, including Stanford and UCSF. Of the several surgeons my husband and I met with, Dr. Gaudiani was the only one who took the time to really study my problem ahead of time, recommended an additional test which would give him a better view of the problem, and ultimately identified a completely different repair than what was suggested by the others.The team he has working with him at Sequoia in the cardiac ICU is phenominal - I cannot say one negative thing about my time or the care that I received there.

by Janet Moose, Truckee, CA. on Jan 25th, 2011

Words cannot express my respect for Dr. Gaudiani. He has operated on me twice. I was a high risk patient, referred by my cardiologist in Reno, NV., and I needed the best surgeon due to my young age and grafting three vessels, and one aortic heart valve implant. I had rheumatic fever as a child, causing severe heart damage, couple that with familial high cholestrol. It was tuff! In 2007, I had my second open heart. My mytral valve gave up and I needed one more vessel graft, couple this with an enlarged heart chamber and being on blood thinner since 1979. I didn't feel scared the first time or the second time, but yes of course I was nervous, and in the good hands of my life saver, Dr Gaudiani, I wouldn't be happily married, traveled, see my nephew get married, retire, fish, play, ski, etc. My life was absolutely saved because of Dr. Gaudiani. If someone out there needs a compassionate, intelligent, and cool doctor, he is the one for you and your family. I owe him my life and I love him always for that

The best cardiac surgeon in the country show details The best cardiac surgeon in the country
Aug 10th, 2010

I can't fathom how Dr. Gaudiani could get anything less than a perfect rating from anyone. For us, he well deserves his nickname of "God" but is so humble that you would never know it. He did a mitral valve prolapse repair and Maze procedure on my husband, and several of the doctors that we talked to weren't even going to attempt a repair (instead of a valve replacement). Dr. Gaudiani did an amazing job, and a few years later, my husband is hiking, running, working out and in great shape. He had a follow up Echo where the technician was extremely impressed at the repair, whose quality was evident just from the imaging, and wanted to know what hospital and doctor had done this. In addition. Dr. Gaudiani is a kind, generous, informative person who I am convinced does his very best for all of his patients. He takes his time and follows up with his patients and is genuinely caring - a truly wonderful human being. You should be so lucky to put yourself in his hands. I would not hesitate if anyone I knew ever needed heart surgery.