Dr. Vincent Johnson DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2014
If you like abuse, go see Dr Johnson
After a failed back surgery and four injections which by the way cost me thousands of dollars, Dr. Johnson has said the following to me: You probably wouldn't have these problems if you would quit smoking. Have you ever thought of buying new shoes with some padding? Hey, by the way doc, my back hurts due to sitting. Some people just like pain so that others will do everything for them. You have nothing to lose by trying the stimulator in your lower back-after talking to his nurses I find out that it is approx. $10,000 just to try this appliance and my insurance does not pay for it (no money back if it does not work). Feel like he has a quota on these appliances. His definition of "functioning" is being able to go sit on my rearend for xx hours per day just to come home and lay in pain till it is time to go back to work again. Also, read your medical records after your visit, you will wonder if he listened to one word you said! Oh, and he will spend time with you, he gets to charge more for your visit the longer he listens to himself talk. Forget this doctor...he does not care about his patients. Might as well be talking to your butcher.

January 17th, 2014
Atrocious bed side manner
After dealing with some neurological, gastric and chronic pain issues for four years, it was suggested that I set an appointment with a pain management doctor. When I went in for my visit, the nursing staff was amazing. When the doctor came in however, things went downhill fast. Upon asking questions about my pain, I was cut off mid sentence every time I tried to speak. I mentioned the frustration at gaining so much weight he told me I should control my diet. I'm barely able to eat once a day with my gastric issues and it causes severe pain this. When I told him this he laughed and said 'you obviously don't have a problem with appetite'. I should have left then but wanted to try and voice my concerns and get the help that was suggested. When I tried to speak about my issues with endemetriosis, I was given a lecture on how women should feel and function. Apparently this is my fault as well. The last straw was when I was lectured on americans abusing pain medication and that everyone seems to think they have the right to live with no pain ever and he would not be prescribing anything for me. I am an incredibly proud woman. Until this illness struck three years ago, I wouldn't even take asprin for headaches. My diet is and has been very healthy and I've been dancing all my life. His suggestion was that I needed to try exercising sometime to help with the pain. Not only was I not able to voice my concerns fully but after struggling with chronic pain AND the weight gain it was incredibly difficult for me to ask for ANY help at all. To have someone basically tell me all my symptoms are my own fault and to have him literally laugh and roll his eyes was just to much. I'm not a medical professional. I have done my research so I can become more aware of what is going on with my own body and I am VERY aware of my symptoms, my family history and have been very thorough about documenting everything and always trying to be open to what the doctor's suggest. To have someone completely disregard my knowledge of MY body and then tell my that my documented illness is my own fault is absolutely ridiculous. No one dealing with chronic pain or illness of any kind should be made to feel ashamed because they asked for help and no human being should be openly mocked and disrespected by someone who is supposed to be a professional care giver. This doctor is very obviously in his profession for the money. If you are a woman and you need assistance, take your business elsewhere. I will be following up with the office and better business bureau to report all of this as soon as possible.

May 29th, 2012
Excellant care, accurate diagnosis and compassionate treatment

January 25th, 2012
Does not have a clue how to diagnose patients out of his comfort zone.

June 10th, 2016