Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist, Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

WOW! Dr. McGinniss and his team are AWESOME! show details WOW! Dr. McGinniss and his team are AWESOME!
by Terri B. on Sep 1st, 2016

My experience with Dr. McGinniss and the team at Clevens Face & Body Specialists was one of the best I've ever had in a medical office, or anywhere as a customer, really. After hearing Dr. McGinniss speak to Rotary members about skin cancer care and how we can protect ourselves, I realized I should do the right thing and get my own skin checked. I didn't know that skin cancer is actually the most common form of cancer, but it can be treated easily when caught early. About 20 years ago, I was out on a boat with friends when our boat broke down in the middle of the lake, and we were out in the sun for hours on a hot summer day in Florida. I had the worst sunburn of my life, and remembering that during Dr. McGinniss' talk and thinking about this strange little red bump on my nose, made me think I should really come in for a complimentary skin check just for my own peace of mind. From the moment I arrived in the lobby of their beautiful office, everyone was so warm and welcoming. His assistant, MJ, was super friendly, polite, and knowledgeable. Dr. McGinniss felt we should do a shave of the bump and get a biopsy. Yikes! I was a little uneasy at first, but MJ was so reassuring during the treatment, and Dr. McGinniss walked me through the entire procedure step-by-step so I knew exactly what to expect along the way. Even though I could tell he was taking my care very seriously and being very professional the whole time, he was also cracking funny jokes during the treatment which made me more relaxed and comfortable. It didn't take very long at all, and most surprising of all, you could barely tell I had anything done to my face when he was all done! I even had meetings with partners in the afternoon, and no one noticed until I pointed it out! I will definitely be wearing my sunscreen from now on, but I'm so happy and relieved to know that I can see Dr. McGinniss if ever I need something removed -- especially from my face, since not only can he remove a skin cancer but he can also ensure that my face looks as good as possible afterward, too. Thanks Dr. McGinniss and your awesome team!