Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cardiothoracic Surgeon
5651 Frist Blvd
Ste 500
Hermitage, TN 37076
615-889-3340
Locations and availability (2)

|  show details
by Suzin Powell on Feb 26th, 2014

I have seen Dr. Novak for two different health problems and he has been there to look, answer and take care of both my problems. I am 100 per cent satisfied with the out come of both my my wrist and shoulder. I am now going to see him again and I know that he will take good care of this health problem. I recommend him to anyone. He is a great Doctor. I give him a 10 star rating. Thanks Dr. Novak.

|  he is a great doctor  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

he was soo care and nice

|  He's the GREATEST!!!!!!  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2012

Dr. Novak is AMAZING!! He performed my hand surgery, and in all my 58 years of life I have experienced such overall concern for my well-being. He gave me an option about my surgery...MOST physicians "try to convince" us about this or that simply for the money...but Dr. Novak left the surgery up to me, and not only that, he gave me more personal options as to my preferances. The day of the surgery even got greater!! The OR Staff was incredible. Each person had a specific job to do, and each performed their duty with much concern, quickly but professionally and they all worked as a team, with no confusion whatsoever about the tasks that were to be done. Very comforting. But the BEST is yet to come!! Before they gave me the "sleepy shot", Dr. Novak asked me if I minded if we had a Word of Prayer together before I was taken to the operating room! (I have NEVER had a physician offer to pray with me!) TRUELY AMAZING!! He asked God to give him HIS Wisdom and Knowledge to perform the surgery, should anything unexpected arise. He asked Him to give me a speedy recovery. He Praised God for His Goodness, His Faithfulness, His Loving Care upon us all, His Tender Mercies, and for hearing and answering his Prayer. He gave God the Praise and Glory that HIS Will, will be done. And ya know what? IT WAS!!!!

|  RUN DONT WALK  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2011

I HAVE WAITED ALMOST 2 YEARS TO WRITE THIS.I HAD AN ANKLE FRACTURE. THE SURGERY WENT WELL AND THE WORK WAS PRESTINE. HOWEVER, I AM A FEMALE AT 57 ABIT OVERWEIGHT. WAS NON WEIGHT BEARING FOR 2 MONTHS. MY LAST VISIT WITH NOVAK I WAS STILL IN THE BLUE BOOT AND WHEEL CHAIR. HE IMMEDIATELY SET ME BACK TO WORK IN 4 DAYS AS AN INVENTORY SPECIALIST OVER 1 MILLION. I MUST BE ABLE TO CLIMB AND SOMETIMES QUITE PHYSICAL. I ASKED ABOUT PT BUT HE SAID HE THOUGHT I WOULD BE OK WITHOUT IT. I HAD STAINLESS STEEL IN MY LEG AND ANKLE. WHEN I ASKED HIM ABOUT STILL BEING OFF WORK UNTIL I COULD WALK WITHOUT A CANE HE TOLD ME THAT WAS BETWEEN THE ME AND THE AND COMANY I WORKED FOR. IT IS ALWAYS A DOCTORS RESPONSIBILITY TO PUT THE PATIENT HEALTH CARE FIRST AND HE IS THE ONE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR FILING FOR MORE TIME OFF. IT TOOK ME 3 WEEKS BEFORE I CONVIENCED ELITE SPORTS MED I WAS NOT GOING TO SUE NOVAK BEFORE I COULD BE SEEN. THE BLUE BOOK WAS IMMEDIATELY REMOVED AND PT WAS STARTED. I HAVE HAD THE STAINLESS REMOVED DUE TO PAIN AND ANOTHER 3 MONTHS AT BAPTIST SPORTS MED. I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME WITH THIS TYPE OF INJURY BUT NOVAK HAD A RESPONSIBILITY TO DO MORE AS A PHYSICIAN.