Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
very bad experience show details very bad experience
May 30th, 2016

I had a hip replacement that has left me with permanent discomfort and i now walk with a limp. When I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Russo to discuss this, I was told to find another doctor. Very rude and his surgery skills are not current.

Hip Done Well show details Hip Done Well
by RJ Will on Apr 26th, 2016

Dr. Russo replaced a hip over 2 years ago and all is good. I had a little trouble with the incision healing at first, but he took care of it till it healed properly. Will go back for the other hip when it needs it.

Mar 10th, 2016

After hip replacement surgery the operated leg is more than one irnch longer than the other causing me to walk with a limp. I now have to purchasing a shoe lift in order to walk properly. I feel Dr. Russo could have done more to prevent some of the leg length discripsencies. He should have verbally explained this side effect. When I contact the office I can only reach the PA.

Don't Choose Him for a TKR show details Don't Choose Him for a TKR
Dec 1st, 2015

Dr. Russo did my knee replacement 2 years ago and I am still suffering from the lack of concern he had.

Nov 9th, 2015

I found Dr. Russo to be arrogant, condescending and unprofessional. I went to him to have a total knee replacement (performed by another surgeon) examined due to obtaining no improvement from the surgery. He spent very little time with me - about 5 minutes and was insensitive the entire time. He looked at my knee for less than one minute and performed no other tests or closer examination before rudely storming out of the room; telling me to never come back. Don't let the Top Doctor awards all over his waiting room fool you - they are a sign of the egomaniacal demeanor he displays. He must have paid for the votes. I would highly recommend going to a different surgeon and reconsider your options.

Sep 23rd, 2015

Just a plain, right on, docter. Had me doagnosed in 15 minutes and has me managing my problem pain free . Surgery will be needed in the future for sure, but for now Dr Russo didn't pust it and left it up to me.

EXCELLENT DOCTOR OVER 32 YEARS !! show details EXCELLENT DOCTOR OVER 32 YEARS !!
by Momcat on May 20th, 2013

Dr Russo first fixed up my son's ankle and foot after a bad motocross accident 32 years ago. Since then he has fixed up several knees, shoulder rotator cuff, and a total knee replacement among other things in our family. The total knee replacement is great! I forget I even have it and feel sorry for those who have trouble with them. Dr Russo has always been courteous and informative and I have recommended him to many and will continue to do so for he has been an excellent surgeon for us for 32 years.

by Cheryl S. on Mar 22nd, 2013

Three years ago I had my left knee totally replaced by Dr. Russo with amazing results. Three weeks ago I had my right knee totally replaced, again with amazing results. The other knee replacement patients I see at physical therapy and meet otherwise have not had nearly the wonderful results I have had. Dr. Russo also did a total shoulder replacement on my husband last year with wonderful results. We could not be more pleased, never found him gruff and would highly recommend him.

Mar 25th, 2012

The doctor is rude and does not listen to patient concerns. When the outcome is not as predicted, he blames the patient.

I had a good experience show details I had a good experience
Dec 4th, 2011

He was very friendly and nice, but kept it short, sweet and to the point. I guess some people prefer to spend lots of time discussing and debating the treatment, but although I like to be informed about my decision (which he did) I understand that hes busy and im busy I dont want to be there all day chit-chatting. I disagree that he has bad bed-side manner. He just does not spend a lot of time with small talk.. Okay by me! He is a great surgeon and thats all that matters. Who cares if he does not want to spend the day making small talk, as long as he knows his stuff when im under the knife is all that matters to me! He was great!

Not at all interested in Patient pain show details Not at all interested in Patient pain
May 19th, 2011

I disagree that Dr. Russo has a good bedside manner. In my case, Icomplained twice of the extreme pain I was having. The second time Icomplained, he stated, "I am only interested in the surgery, I don't careabout your pain." He afforded me about two minutes of his time for eachvisit giving me NO answers to my questions. He has one pain treatment only. If that brand does not work for you, he will not consider or offer others. If youre looking for aphysician who cares about his patient's pain, or getting answers to yourquestions, Dr. Russo is not your man.

May 17th, 2010

a great doctor. can be gruff but alwaysinspires my trust.