Dr. Vincent Russo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 13 reviews

December 3rd, 2016
I've had 2 hip replacements from Dr. Russo in the past several years. He is very professional and a very excellent surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr. Russo for any replacement surgeries - knee, hip, shoulder, etc. A good man!!

November 2nd, 2016
Complete Knee Replacement
Being told it's time to get a complete knee replacement isn't usually a fun discussion to have at any point but I was getting to the point of something needing to be done. I had already been going to another orthopedic doctor for about a year and getting shots (that did help initially but only for a short duration) and was told "one of these days you will need to get a knee replacement"...after several visits to that doctors office and not really "moving forward" I decided to get a second opinion - it was time. I asked around and was given the same name (Dr. Vincent Russo) by several people to call and I did. I was able to get in to see him within a month of calling for an appointment and right off the bat he was very friendly and I liked his approach and decisiveness. While there, they took new x-rays and it was obvious to the doctor (and him showing my husband and myself the x-rays) that I was walking bone on bone and he said to me "it's time" and he informed me of what could be done (full knee replacement), the procedure itself, the expected recovery time (including rehab) ... actually being told "it's time" gave me a sense of relief knowing now something could be done and not put off any longer. Surgery was about 6 weeks after the appointment and the office personnel was very helpful and knowledgeable in telling me what I needed to do prior to the surgery day and who I needed to see (primary care doctor for pre-op) etc. The surgery itself was a big success. I just had my 6 week follow up and got glowing reviews on my progress...:-) I would recommend Dr. Russo and his staff highly. I felt they were the ultimate professionals and I can't say enough nice things about them in terms of their caring and their understanding of my concerns etc. Thank you Dr. Russo and staff!

October 28th, 2016
A Perfectionist, Thank the Lord!! Highly Recommend.
My husband & I have been seeing Dr. Russo for appx. 20 yrs for various reasons, i.e., knees & shoulders. The first thing we liked was that he does NOT just jump to surgery as a solution if other avenues are available, such as physical therapy. He has performed arthroscopic surgery on both of my knees & my shoulder & on my husband's shoulder. With his guidance & help, it was 20 yrs before I finally had to have a total knee replacement, which he performed this past Aug. He has shown us kindness & understanding, working with us, mainly me, to manage pain. He takes pride in his work, preferring to "get it right" the first time & sometimes this includes my following certain instructions, such as exercise & physical therapy. If i, as the patient, do not do the exercise/therapy, it may result in a longer healing time &, although not uncompassionate, he may be displeased yet will help me heal. Rosalie, 1 of his staff, has been with him for over 20 yrs & the rest of his staff has been with him for over a decade, which tells me that he's good to work for. Surgical staff, too, have spoken highly of him. Because of him, I've learned the purpose of steroid vs gel injections & why a person should only have x number. I love that he has volunteered his expertise to the less fortunate. Dr. Russo IS a perfectionist. Exactly a quality I want in a surgeon as my quality of life depends on it.

October 28th, 2016
R.N.
Dr. Russo has been not only my but y family's orthopedic consult for at least 15 years. We've had broken bones , broken hands, neck trauma, aging back issues, a hip replacement and a knee replacement. I cannot speak more highly of Dr. Russo and his staff. There is no one I would trust more than Dr. Russo!

October 24th, 2016
RN
I continue to be grateful for the excellent care Dr. Russo has provided to me, my husband and all those I have recommended consult him. Everyone continues to thank me for they also received good guidance and care.

October 22nd, 2016
Best of Care
We have been patients of Dr. Russo's for over 10 years and have been fortunate enough to not only receive excellent medical advice as well as treatment that returned us to good health. We are now 89 and approaching 88 years old. Dr. Russo is kind and a very caring man who not only listens to our concerns but provides an environment where his staff does not rush us in for a quick in-out visit. Dr. Russo is recognized as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Arizona. We have referred several of our friends to Dr. Russo and have received nothing but excellent results from their cases.

October 22nd, 2016
Have had a hip R and L knee and R shoulder replaced with no problems. Woudld totally recomend.

April 26th, 2016
Hip Done Well
Dr. Russo replaced a hip over 2 years ago and all is good. I had a little trouble with the incision healing at first, but he took care of it till it healed properly. Will go back for the other hip when it needs it.

September 23rd, 2015
Just a plain, right on, docter. Had me doagnosed in 15 minutes and has me managing my problem pain free . Surgery will be needed in the future for sure, but for now Dr Russo didn't pust it and left it up to me.

May 20th, 2013
EXCELLENT DOCTOR OVER 32 YEARS !!
Dr Russo first fixed up my son's ankle and foot after a bad motocross accident 32 years ago. Since then he has fixed up several knees, shoulder rotator cuff, and a total knee replacement among other things in our family. The total knee replacement is great! I forget I even have it and feel sorry for those who have trouble with them. Dr Russo has always been courteous and informative and I have recommended him to many and will continue to do so for he has been an excellent surgeon for us for 32 years.

March 22nd, 2013
Three years ago I had my left knee totally replaced by Dr. Russo with amazing results. Three weeks ago I had my right knee totally replaced, again with amazing results. The other knee replacement patients I see at physical therapy and meet otherwise have not had nearly the wonderful results I have had. Dr. Russo also did a total shoulder replacement on my husband last year with wonderful results. We could not be more pleased, never found him gruff and would highly recommend him.

December 4th, 2011
I had a good experience
He was very friendly and nice, but kept it short, sweet and to the point. I guess some people prefer to spend lots of time discussing and debating the treatment, but although I like to be informed about my decision (which he did) I understand that hes busy and im busy I dont want to be there all day chit-chatting. I disagree that he has bad bed-side manner. He just does not spend a lot of time with small talk.. Okay by me! He is a great surgeon and thats all that matters. Who cares if he does not want to spend the day making small talk, as long as he knows his stuff when im under the knife is all that matters to me! He was great!