Dr. Vincent Silvaggio MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

September 20th, 2016
Read his rate mds and all of his UPMC reviews. The few Vitals reviews here are are certainly not an overview of his qualifications or his bedside manner! He spends no quality time with you, he is dismissive and he has short man syndrome. Beware.

March 12th, 2016
Amazing surgeon and staff. I always felt well cared for, from the front office folks to Dr.Silvaggio.

August 27th, 2015
My new life thanks to Dr Silvaggio
Dr Silvaggio didn't rush to surgery. Wanted to explore all options prior to agreeing to doing surgery. Once surgery was done Dr Silvaggio not only stopped in every morning post op to follow up with my care as well as to answer any and all questions I had, but also stopped in the early evening if a problem needed addressed. I've never had a doctor show care and compassion like Dr Silvaggio has. He is a great surgeon and more importantly a great human being. I am16 days post op from a 2 stage fusion of S1-L5 and L5-L4. My personal life has resumed to normal activity minus a few restrictions. On a daily basis I gain more strength and conditioning and find myself more and more limber thanks to Dr Silvaggio. I highly recommend Dr Silvaggio.

October 2nd, 2014
What a carpenter!!!
Takes time to explain what exactly is wrong, different options explained, then he gives you an honest opinion. Decision is yours to make without any pressure. He is an excellent doc and I would not trust anyone but him to take care of my complex issues. Plus he can pull off a bow tie like no one else. I recommend him to all my patients.

July 9th, 2014
I think Dr Silvaggio is one of the best surgeons there is. He totally takes his time with you, explains everything and has a great "bedside" manner which is very important to me.He is a miracle worker as far as I'm concerned! I'm to have a different surgery and he will be the one doing it.

November 18th, 2013
Dr. Silvaggio is the best!

May 24th, 2013
A real Doctor.
The most amazing Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. So happy he was the one to do my surgery. Feeling like a million bucks after living with chronic neck pain for seven years. He truly does make you feel like you are the only patient he has, and really proved to me that he genuinely cares about you as a person. Thank you Doctor V., Thank you!!

August 27th, 2012
Caring and dedicated professional.
I highly recommend Dr Silvaggio. He has helped me to understand and live with my back problems. He is conservative in his approach...with surgery only when and if needed. He doesn't rush an appointment and makes you feel very comfortable. It's obvious that he cares about his patients. He is very helpful in understanding and coping with conditions that can be extremely difficult to treat.

May 29th, 2012
THE MAN !!!!!!!!!
DR Silvaggio is the man i would not go to anyone else i would recommend DR V to all my friends an family

March 8th, 2012
Total Trust
Dr. Silvaggio seems to really care about you as a patient. He makes you feel like your the only one he has, taking as much time as you need to get all your questions answered. He is straight forward, doesnt make claims of wellness that his skill can't back up. Dr. Silvaggio and his office are amazing. Sorry I can't say the same about St. Margarets Hospital-very poor care.

August 24th, 2011
Dr. Everything is better
Dr. V was accessible and quick to diagnosis my problem. I felt he appopriately attempted to treat conservatively and definitely not over aggressive on attempting to get me in the OR. In the end surgery was the only option.He was supportive in the brief delay on scheduling the procedure doing everything in his power to help control the worse pain I have ever experienced.The outcome of the surgery....he is a 10!!! The pain was gone when I came out of anesthesia and with some PT I am back to normal, actually better.Just can't say enough about my experience...would and have reommended Dr. Silvaggio to several people

July 14th, 2010
Awesome Doctor
I would not go to anyone elese!!!!!!!!!!!!