Dr. Vincent Valdez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 14th, 2016
Treated me for RSD/CRPS
He and Dr. Toliver were my first Pain Management Physicians at USC University Hospital. (Hospital name has changed and Dr. Toliver is in San Diego. I was treated for my now total body Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. He was always available, but if I could go back and redo my care, I would never had any invasive procedures but when in Stage I and I of this disease, you beg him to make the pain stop and everything that he could do was tried on me. I, like many CRPS patients have agreed with me, forget all invasive procedures and go on pain meds only. But when initially treated for this monster, I begged him to make it go away and he did his best. He was patient as I could be a demanding patient. For newly diagnosed CRPS patients, ask for a specific Plan of Action. 22 years ago it was if this doesn't work, we will do this. My pain is now so out of control, I wish I could see him again, but would take a different view of my treatment. But Dr. Valdez did his best to help me, even when the pain brought the "child in me to take over". I could call at 3 AM and would get a call back.Very patient MD.

May 10th, 2016
Pain Management
strongly reccomend Atlas Pain Management if you are experiencing chronic pain. I have endured 15 surgeries and if it was for Dr. Valdez and his staff I wouldn't have the fulfilling life I do now.. This office is runned like a fine oiled machine. Dr. Valdez is a top notched doctor.

June 5th, 2015
The best
Best pain doctor I have ever had! I have full trust in him. :D

March 20th, 2015
Always courteous and attentive to my needs.

January 18th, 2015
He was the worst dr I've ever been to. I kept telling him something was wrong and the pain meds weren't helping me. I Was a patient of Dr Docherty's for ten years and when he retired and this guy took over everything changed. He treated me like a drug addict. I was in so much pain one time and he told me maybe I should get out of bed and stop watching TV all day and go do something. He didn't know me at all. One thing I don't do is lay in bed all day!! I begged them to do tests because I knew something was terribly wrong. I've have a morphine pump for years and it just wasn't helping. I quit going to that office and found another dr. Turns out the tube on my pump was obstructed. Maybe he could've listened to me and stopped to think that maybe something was wrong instead of thinking I just wanted drugs. Should he really be in this field of work? I don't think so either.

June 17th, 2013
Dr. Valdez is the first doctor that stopped giving me drugs to experiment with since my body acts differently and I get every side effect and even some not posted. He gives me only what I already know I can take without going to ER. Instead, he thought outside the box and came up with an implanting a nuerostimulator in my leg, which hadn't been done before. Being something that had not been done before, he did a great job making sure I understood the risks and worked with me and the rep from the manufacturer of the device to decide the best way to implant the device. His staff even worked with my insurance and ultimately got them to pay for an experimental procedure. The procedure was a God send! I am so happy to have found a doctor who will listen to me and think outside the box. He is definitely worth the waiting room time.

October 24th, 2011
This doctor is very caring and professional he is very busy and that is what makes the wait in his office so long but it is worth it to be treated like a human instead of just another number...

September 29th, 2011
Lumbar epidurals - Dr. didn't speak with me before or after!
I went to see Dr. Valdez re epidural injections to treat my lumbar spinal stenosis. He reviewed my MRIs and then discussed the concept and nature of the series of 3 epidural injections. I left his office quite impressed.The issues I have are twofold re my 3 visitations to the surgical center (for the epidurals). I arrived at my appointment time promptly for each of the edpidural. After each prep.(IV, etc.) was completed I had to lie there for 1 to 2 hours before going into the OR. During each of those procedures I never saw Dr. Valdez, beforehand, during the procedure or afterwards. That did bother me!That said, it has been 6 months since my 3rd epidural and I am quite satisfied with the results.

October 6th, 2010
Scott W.
Dr. Valdez and his partners (including Drs. Baker, Chabonnet, Ling and Hager) have been treating me for my spinal problems (4 different spinal fusion surgeries) since 1999.Tremendous empathy and caring is displayed by Dr. Valdez and his partners, notably James Hager who is simply one of the most down to earth and most caring physicians I've ever had the privilege of knowing.Office staff, especially Mildred, is very good, though they have been known to give me the wrong appointment time once in a blue moon (twice in eleven years). Wait time can vary, anywhere from ten minuts to one hour. Average wait is about thirty minutes.In sum, I highly recommend Dr. Valdez and his P.A. (James Hager) for a brand of empathetic, attentive and caring medicine that is seldom if ever practiced anymore!