Urologist
176 Toll Gate Rd
Ste 301
Warwick, RI 02886
401-739-2984
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent firsr time visit  |  show details
by mike nappo on Sep 14th, 2014

I walked in at 8:20 and was seen at 9.. He asked questions and listened and had a direct answer for everything..,showed charts and did some tests..he was very understanding and caring towards me.He is a nice guy and i am a first time patient.No diagnosis yet as waiting for test results..

by Kelly F. on Apr 11th, 2014

I've been to Dr. Zizza's office twice now and yes there is a bit of a wait but that's to be expected at a specialists office. Everyone also seems to be complaining about his bedside manner , he's a specialist , not your mother if ya need hand holding call your mother ... I'd rather have a no-nonsense doctor who is going to get me the answers I am looking for than someone who's going to baby me ... I also have found his staff to be very kind and efficient. They have gone above & beyond their jobs for me and I appreciate all of it.

by Wrecked life on Mar 18th, 2014

Go elsewhere! This man is a PIG with women, rude w/ men and I wouldn't send my dog to him. He shouldn't even be a doctor.....Don't want to lose a kidney for no reason-don't go here! No joking....

|  Bad Experience. Twice  |  show details
by Joe on Mar 10th, 2014

Do yourself a favor and FIND ANOTHER UROLOGIST! Dr Zizza has left me waiting over an hour on two different appointments and didn't even apologize. His staff, the woman who handles Ultrasounds in particular, are extremely rude. I can't believe this guy stays in business!

Feb 22nd, 2014

Dr Zizza is a good dr overall, but his "bedside manner" sucks. Is not very informative when he does procedures.

by Linda Montecalvo on Feb 24th, 2013

My father at 82 went to KCMH ER and was diag with a kidney stones. Dr. Zizza was referred by the hospital. His further diag was DEAD on. The lithotrospy was DEAD on. The removal of the remainder of the stone was delayed due to complications (fever, cong breathing). Dr Zizza called for cadiology consult to be on the safe side. Once again... DEAD on. Two weeks later Dr. Zizza removed the remainder of the stone. All questions answered.... Office staff was way over the top.... In summation: If I need a urologist.... guess who I am calling!

|  awesome visit  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2013

I have been to multiple urologist. This office got me a very quick appt. The office staff was the best I've ever dealt with. I waited about 20 min to see the doctor who was very nice and point on with his diagnosis. He even called me a 7pm with my results. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR

|  great care, staff and doctor  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

I have had several issues with kidney stones over the last 10 years. Dr Zizza and his staff have been wonderful to deal with. Prompt, caring doctor with a great bedside manner. Thank you.

|  stay away from Dr. Zizza  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2012

Without personalizing my experience with Dr.Zizza and before making an appointment with his practice, Please, consider someone who else.

Aug 8th, 2012

dr.z-clown operated on me for a bladder tumor and told me the cancer was too aggressive and that he was going to have to remove my bladder.i went to boston and the dr.there remove the tumor and i've been cancer free for a year and a half now and still have my bladder.the pathology report said that my cancer was low grade but dr.-z-clown lied to me and told me that my cancer was too aggressive.i guess dr.z-clown just wanted too cash in on the bladder surgery at blue cross blue shield's expencethis dr z-clown looks like a clown and he is very dangerous

|  Wait is too long!  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

Office staff pleasant and courteous. Arriving for a 3:45 appointment and waiting an hour and 15 minutes to talk to the doctor...frustrating. I don't understand why it is necessary to overbook to that extent.

|  Waiting.......and waiting  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Went to his office 4 times and waited a minimum of 1 hour each time. When I asked questions he didn't have answers. He did call me back and changed his mind on the treatment options after calling the pathologist. Will have to seek another opinion since I can't trust this one.

Mar 8th, 2012

This guy is a quack

|  bill andrews  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

This doctor is very, very good and very efficient. My best recommendation

|  Superb!  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

I called Dr. Zizza's office as a new patient in severe pain due to kidney stones after being seen in the emergency room was told to come in the next day due to him being in surgery (extremely fast for a specialist!). His office staff was extremely courteous and professional. I have never met more pleasant or efficient staff! Everyone, including Dr Zizza, was extremely caring and considerate. There was quite a wait but that is to be expected at a specialist's office (especially seeing how he sees urgent patients so quickly!) and he did seem a bit rushed but overall my experience was great. I was scheduled for surgery the following day and have been excellent ever since! I would absolutely recommend Dr. Zizza to everyone! On another note, everyone seems to be posting comments about a long wait and no explanations from staff- it is not the staff's fault if the doctor is running behind! I'm not sure why people seem to blame them when it is out of their control. Dr. Zizza and his staff are the best!

|  upsett  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

Dr Zizza has no bedside manners. Did not explain or give you many options for treatment, other then he can do the operation. Left office more confused and scared after diagnoses until I did my own research. Don't trust this guy with your life!!!!!!

|  Cecily  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

Dr Zizza has been mine and my husband's urologist for the past few years. He is a very calm and intelligent man. He is a great doctor. He is my third urologist and I absolutely love him.

Jul 22nd, 2011

PROBABLY KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, BUT NO BEDSIDE MANNERme ideas to get you DOESN'T TALK ABOUT YOUR CONDITION OR EXPLAIN WHAT WILL BE DONE TO HELP YOU. NO ENCOURAGEMENT OR INFO GIVENstarted:-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

|  dan  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

this dr. is a money grubbing slime pit

|  Top Doc!  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

I recently was referred to Dr. Zizza and his practice in the Warwick office. Upon entering the waiting room, I noticed it was spotless and welcoming and the receptionist was on the phone with, what I believed was an elderly patient. She was very caring and repeated information over and over but without urgency. Truly understanding and accommodating. My turn was next and as a new patient, she was extremely patient as I shuffled through my wallet for insurance and id cards. A short wait and then off to see Dr. Zizza. He greeted me with a smile and explained everything and answered all of my questions. I was scheduled the next day for a procedure and his bedside manner was top notch. Great job Dr. Zizza. If you are looking for a urologist, he's the man!

Jan 29th, 2011

Something is seriously wrong with the staff in this office. Starting with my initial surgery and after many visits I sense aloofness, distance and sometimes downright unfriendliness from various staff members. Reminds me of petty government workers with an attitude. I have often wondered if it stems from Zizza himself. Although I've haven't had any issues with medical treatment, I have experienced even rudeness from the staff. I'm left wondering how Zizza doesn't realize this or if he does, why isn't he dealing with it? I returned to the office 3 days after surgery and in pain. 2 staff members laughed at my gait. A third had more decorum. It turns out they scheduled the visit too early after surgery. There's more but I'll end it here. I don't like going to that office and I particularly don't like Denise.

|  Terrific!  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

Dr. Zizza is an excellent doctor! I admit he was a little rushed and I did have to wait a little while to go into the room but his staff was absolutely perfect! I have never met more efficient, professional, and caring people. His diagnosis was accurate and he has changed my life! Thank you Dr. Zizza! God Bless!

Oct 14th, 2010

waited over an hour for him to come in and spend 2 mins with me. he needs some help on his bedside manner also. definatley wont be going back there

Sep 25th, 2010

I had a problem that no other doctor could diagnose until i went to dr.zizza. after my diagnoses the office manager denise was extremly compassionate, she sat and talked to me for 45 minutes. i am so grateful for the enormous amount of support that i recieved. if you are looking for a compassionate, caring staff this is the place to go!!!

Sep 1st, 2010

Very good doctor, fast and accurate.

|  Wasted time  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2010

I had a severe case of bladder leak (bladder drench). They did one test and said they didn't find anything wrong. The doctor gave me a bunch of pills and told me to make another follow-up appointment. Later I got a call that the doctor's office that said he wasn't seeing patients until February and they would call to reschedule. Well, here it is September and I'm still waiting. After my Blue X kicked in again after the first of the year, I will be looking for another doctor. Obviously something is wrong.

|  Stay away from this clown  |  show details
May 11th, 2010

This guy looked at my file and told me my cancer was back. I later found out it wasn't. He gave me three times the normal dosage of my medication and I haven't been normal since. I told the staff my symtoms, since he doesn't administer the treatment, and was told it was normal. I went to this office 10 times and say the guy for a total of 10 to 15 minutes since he has the staff d most of his work. He just looks at the paperwork and make bad assessments.My hospital bill came in and he charged me for an office visit on top of all the hospital charges. Blue Cross straightened that out.If you hate yourself and want to suffer go see him. If you want to be able to talk with your doctor and feel good see someone else.

|  Diane M Lamantia  |  show details
by Diane on Apr 4th, 2010

Dr Zizza,Once again I had a horrid experience with you office staff.I was in severe pain about a week & a half ago and called your office to see if I could get in to see you. First of all the girl who answered the phone was very uncaring. She told me you were not at the Warwick office & you could see me the next day if I went to Lincoln. Are we serious here!!!!!! When I told her I could not wait she told me to go to the ER (a great place to be when you need your Specialist). She did not even ask my name or take info to leave for you so you could get back to me. Let's get into reality here: from day one your staff has screwed up my appointments, booked me to come in for a followup before having an ultrasound etc. There was not 1 appointment that there wasn't a problem with. You had even called me once to applogize personally. But this time I thought I would give it one more try but guess what!!!!!!! If I may make a suggestion (for I do have the utmost respect for you) please get yourself a mature office staff that care about your Specialty. Your best bet would be to hire temps because they care more about keeping their jobs. The only reason I am writing this is because I had rec'd a letter in the mail, when I was discharged from the hospital) stating " We haven't heard from you-we care about your health. Unbelievable. Now how would you like for your Wife or Children to need to see their Doctor and they go through such an experience?Diane

Mar 20th, 2010

Office Manager I think was Denise something was very short and not well in her knowledge of insurance questions that were asked. Dr. Zizza is a great physician, does not have a clue of his staff and the way they treat patients.Hope it gets better maybe his rating would go up.

|  FEW DOCTORS CAN COMPARE  |  show details
by JAM on Sep 25th, 2009

I'VE SEEM DR ZIZZA MANY TIMES FOR MANY REASONS .HE IS ALWAYS COURTIOUS AND FRIENDLY.HE WAS VERY GOOD AT PUTTING ME AT EASE.SAW ME FAST DURING A SLIGHT EMERGENCY.AND FOLLOWED UP WITH ME.THANKS DR. Z.SEE YA SOON FOR A CHECK UP ...

Sep 24th, 2009

How can someone blast ones kidney stones, and then ask if they've ever had kidney stones?

Feb 24th, 2009

Dr Zizza diagosed my problem when other Urologist couldn't.Great job to him and his caring staff

Feb 23rd, 2009

I needed immediate help from an Urologist and was recommended by a friend. I called and the person who answered the phone was very nice. She said I could come in today but would have a wait to be seen. The doctor was excellent and professional as was the staff. I even had my procedure that week!!!!! Now that is service

Feb 14th, 2009

Dr. Zizza is a fantastic doctor. I had seen several doctors before him. He was the only one that actually diagnosed my problem and fixed it. He has a woderful bedside manner. When I called for an appointment I expected to have to wait several weeks, I was seen in just a couple of days. His staff was friendly and kind.

Feb 13th, 2009

Dr Zizza has a great bed side mannor. He accually saved my life.The staff was caring and was there for me when I would call many times. Anyone would be lucky to have him as a physician.

Jan 27th, 2009

always overbooks patients - a minimum of 1 hour wait every time

May 29th, 2008

I had 3 appointments with this practice. I arrived on time for every appointment and waited over an hour each time to be seen. No apologies or explanations from the staff. Waiting room was over crowded. Doctor was rushed and did not fully explained procedures. Had me go through multiple procedures to make a diagnosis that could have been made with a simple test ( I learned this after going for a second opinion) Office dragged out the process of transferring my records to the second opinion doctor. Took them 2.5 weeks to fax over a single page with my test results. To be fair his diagnosis was confirmed by the second doctor who only needed to do one test not order a battery of tests