Dr. Vinh Chung MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 18th, 2016
excellent service! The doctor is Harvard educated and it shows in the knowledge he presents.

April 13th, 2015
I have never had a doctor personally call me in the evening to see how I was doing like Dr. Chung did each time he worked on me. And he did a great job with MOHS surgery. Cant even see the scar. I recommend him 100%

January 28th, 2015
Chung is heavyweight class surgeon IMO. Very aggressive during operation. Intense and competent. Total professional. No messing around.

July 23rd, 2014
Just had my surgery. Chung is definitely the man. Smart, knowledgeable.and confident. He is quick but not rushed. Really knows his stuff. Didn't see him because I wanted a new friend or a fireside chat. Would recommend him to everybody. If you are looking for a doctor to chat and listen to everything you have to say about your entire medical history.....see a therapist.

April 18th, 2014
I've come here many times, and I'm always impressed with how he always runs on time.

October 8th, 2013
Worst medical appt EVER
I went to a local doctor's office with a foot & ankle infection & they referred me to Dr. Chung's office. I was happy to get an appt for the very next day, however I waited perhaps a total of 45 minutes before he saw me. He asked me what I had been doing to treat the condition myself & I told him I was using oregano essential oil & soaking it in an organic cider vinegar & salt solution. He then decided I didn't have an infection--I was having an allergic reaction to what I was using! I told him the symptoms pre-dated my use of anything (obviously!), but he cut me off with a very dismissive attitude, saying, "Are you gonna do what I tell you or not?" He then prescribed a steroid ointment (2 tubes @ $51!) & pain pills. I later got the results of lab tests (from the first doc's office) & it turned out I had both a staph infection & a very bad (untreatable) yeast infection! I would never recommend this man to anybody & would in fact warn people about him. He spent less than five minutes with me & was extremely rude as well as incompetent, especially considering he went to Harvard! Clearly, he just didn't have the time or interest in my particular case.

June 24th, 2013
I was very disappointed with my visit to Dr. Chung. He was very rushed and did not seem to listen to my description of my symptoms. When I was trying to pull up a photograph on my phone to show the progression of my symptoms, he took my phone away from me. I told him the prescriptions I had received in the past for my condition and explained that nothing thus far had worked. He then recommended a prescription I had already tried. I explained this, and he asked if it had worked. I told him it had not worked any more than the others and he said that he was going to prescribe it for me again regardless, in spite of my hesitations. He said I should come back for three follow up appointments with his nurse. Then he left the room. Total, he spent about five minutes with me, and during that time I did not feel that he attempted to meet my needs. I will not be returning to his office.

November 2nd, 2012
Impressive but down-to-earth doctor
Dr. Chung has impressive academic credentials but a down-to-earth demeanor. He enters the room as if he is genuinely happy to see you. One time I joked that he didn't seem like his usual happy self, so he got up, exited the room, and entered all over again with great gusto and enthusiasm. Fun sense of humor. His staff is always smiling and professional.

July 2nd, 2011
Superior Dermatologist
I am very impressed with his professionalism, knowledge, and his ability to communicate and explain. Dr. Chung listens to what you say.

May 2nd, 2011
My son had a growth that did not look good, so my pediatrician recommended Dr. Chung. The doctor performed a biopsy, and he kept my little boy entertained the ENTIRE time. My son was so distracted that he was not even aware he was getting a shot beforehand. The nurses were also friendly and great at talking with my son, so he was at ease throughout.

November 17th, 2010
Excellent
I had Mohs surgery by him a little over a year ago. His work was impeccable.

July 29th, 2010
Highly Recommended
Very friendly, and didn't mind me asking questions. I felt like he really cared about me, and wasn't in a hurry to get me out. I have already recommended him to a friend.