Dr. Vinh Chung, MD
Dermatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Krista Lynch on Jul 23rd, 2014

Just had my surgery. Chung is definitely the man. Smart, knowledgeable.and confident. He is quick but not rushed. Really knows his stuff. Didn't see him because I wanted a new friend or a fireside chat. Would recommend him to everybody. If you are looking for a doctor to chat and listen to everything you have to say about your entire medical history.....see a therapist.

by ginny craig on Jun 23rd, 2014

I'm sorry that this is not the appropriate site to mention it, but I loved your book & am so proud of your family's successes. I want to know what happened to your paternal grandmother. Thank you.

Apr 18th, 2014

I've come here many times, and I'm always impressed with how he always runs on time.

|  Worst medical appt EVER  |  show details
by Val K. on Oct 8th, 2013

I went to a local doctor's office with a foot & ankle infection & they referred me to Dr. Chung's office. I was happy to get an appt for the very next day, however I waited perhaps a total of 45 minutes before he saw me. He asked me what I had been doing to treat the condition myself & I told him I was using oregano essential oil & soaking it in an organic cider vinegar & salt solution. He then decided I didn't have an infection--I was having an allergic reaction to what I was using! I told him the symptoms pre-dated my use of anything (obviously!), but he cut me off with a very dismissive attitude, saying, "Are you gonna do what I tell you or not?" He then prescribed a steroid ointment (2 tubes @ $51!) & pain pills. I later got the results of lab tests (from the first doc's office) & it turned out I had both a staph infection & a very bad (untreatable) yeast infection! I would never recommend this man to anybody & would in fact warn people about him. He spent less than five minutes with me & was extremely rude as well as incompetent, especially considering he went to Harvard! Clearly, he just didn't have the time or interest in my particular case.

Jun 24th, 2013

I was very disappointed with my visit to Dr. Chung. He was very rushed and did not seem to listen to my description of my symptoms. When I was trying to pull up a photograph on my phone to show the progression of my symptoms, he took my phone away from me. I told him the prescriptions I had received in the past for my condition and explained that nothing thus far had worked. He then recommended a prescription I had already tried. I explained this, and he asked if it had worked. I told him it had not worked any more than the others and he said that he was going to prescribe it for me again regardless, in spite of my hesitations. He said I should come back for three follow up appointments with his nurse. Then he left the room. Total, he spent about five minutes with me, and during that time I did not feel that he attempted to meet my needs. I will not be returning to his office.

|  Impressive but down-to-earth doctor  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

Dr. Chung has impressive academic credentials but a down-to-earth demeanor. He enters the room as if he is genuinely happy to see you. One time I joked that he didn't seem like his usual happy self, so he got up, exited the room, and entered all over again with great gusto and enthusiasm. Fun sense of humor. His staff is always smiling and professional.

|  Superior Dermatologist  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2011

I am very impressed with his professionalism, knowledge, and his ability to communicate and explain. Dr. Chung listens to what you say.

May 2nd, 2011

My son had a growth that did not look good, so my pediatrician recommended Dr. Chung. The doctor performed a biopsy, and he kept my little boy entertained the ENTIRE time. My son was so distracted that he was not even aware he was getting a shot beforehand. The nurses were also friendly and great at talking with my son, so he was at ease throughout.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

I had Mohs surgery by him a little over a year ago. His work was impeccable.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2010

Very friendly, and didn't mind me asking questions. I felt like he really cared about me, and wasn't in a hurry to get me out. I have already recommended him to a friend.

|  Caring doctor  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2009

I had Mohs surgery from Dr. Chung. He and his staff provided great care. He actually called me at home the evening after my surgery to check on me and to make sure I was doing okay.