Pediatrician, Surgeons, Pediatric Surgeon
1120 W La Veta Ave
Ste 100
Orange, CA 92868
714-361-4480
Locations and availability (3)

|  dr Lam is great. office staff is poot  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

Dr Lam dis surgery on my 3 month old and was great. The staff is very disorganized. First they sent me to the surgical center the day of surgery which forced Dr Lam to wait for us the the Dr wanted to see us in 2 weeks for a follow up, when I called they could not get ne in for 4.5 weeks, I took the appointment when getting there I found out that they scheduled my appointment at the wrong place and it would take two more weeks in order to see the Dr. Needless to say I was very upset. I explained to the staff my frustration and they replied, "well its not our falt." For as great of a doctor ErLand is he should get new staff!

|  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Very kind quick to diagnose

|  Good Doctor... HORRIBLE office staff  |  show details
by Kevin F on May 18th, 2010

We were refered to Dr. Lam to perform abdominalm surgery on our 15month old Daughter (Abdominal Cytic mass). The initial appointment was scheduled fairly soon after initial diagnosis (Ultrasound & MRI) Our meeting with Dr. Lam was fine, he seemed confident the surgery would be straight forward, btu he would mark her file URGENT so we could get in soon.After 3 days without word on a surgery date, our pediatrician finally contacted us after calling the office directly. We were told our URGENT surgery was 2-1/2 weeks away. We contacted the office and were treated rather rudely when asking about the delay, and told that there was no URGENT on the file (after reviewing later they did admit that the file was marked urgent)We found a different surgeon that worked to make the surgery date sooner (offered following week), the office staff called back the same day and scheduled the surgery. Even though we had to drive from Orange county to San Diego, we felt better about the overall experience. We feel Dr. Lam would have done a wonderful job, but his office staff completely put us off from using his services.

|  Above and Beyond the Call of Duty - Thanks Doc!  |  show details
by Susi S., Newport Beach, Ca on Sep 16th, 2009

Dr. Lam was on call the night I brought my 17 month old daughter to CHOC in Dec 2000. I was told she had a mass in her abdomen and she needed surgery asap. The doctor, at the time, had NO idea what caused the mass and that didn't know whether it was malignant or not until perfoming surgery. Dr. Lam was AMAZING with my daughter. Before surgery, he brought her a stuffed animal, explained in detail what he was going to do regarding the surgery and he personally carried her (& the stuffed animal) into to OR. He performed a salpingo oophorectomy (removal of the ovary and fallopian tube) laparoscopically. He was kind enough to take photos of the mass and the REMOVAL of the mass, but he also took photos to assure us that her other ovary and fallopian tube "looked good". He truly cares for his patients AND the family members. I feel SO fortunate HE was the surgeon who cared for our daughter. I will NEVER forget him and I am eternally grateful for his knowledge and extremely kind demeanor.