Dr. Vinh Lam Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vinh Lam?

Beware of Dr. Lam!

Posted on March 21st, 2017

My 5 yr old needed surgery and my pediatrician referred me to CHOC. I checked out the general surgeons and couldn't make up my mind. So I checked with a friend of a friend, who works at CHOC. She said, whatever you do, don't have Dr. Lam do the surgery. He has more errors in surgery than any of the surgeons. I said, so why do they keep him, and she just shrugged her shoulders. "Good question," she said. Needless to say, I went with one of the other surgeons and was very happy with the results. But why isn't the public made aware of this? If I hadn't had an inside source, my son could have been subjected to this risky surgeon. CHOC needs to do better than this.

dr Lam is great. office staff is poot

Posted on May 1st, 2012

Dr Lam dis surgery on my 3 month old and was great. The staff is very disorganized. First they sent me to the surgical center the day of surgery which forced Dr Lam to wait for us the the Dr wanted to see us in 2 weeks for a follow up, when I called they could not get ne in for 4.5 weeks, I took the appointment when getting there I found out that they scheduled my appointment at the wrong place and it would take two more weeks in order to see the Dr. Needless to say I was very upset. I explained to the staff my frustration and they replied, "well its not our falt." For as great of a doctor ErLand is he should get new staff!

Posted on April 12th, 2012

Very kind quick to diagnose

Good Doctor... HORRIBLE office staff

Posted on May 18th, 2010

We were refered to Dr. Lam to perform abdominalm surgery on our 15month old Daughter (Abdominal Cytic mass). The initial appointment was scheduled fairly soon after initial diagnosis (Ultrasound & MRI) Our meeting with Dr. Lam was fine, he seemed confident the surgery would be straight forward, btu he would mark her file URGENT so we could get in soon.After 3 days without word on a surgery date, our pediatrician finally contacted us after calling the office directly. We were told our URGENT surgery was 2-1/2 weeks away. We contacted the office and were treated rather rudely when asking about the delay, and told that there was no URGENT on the file (after reviewing later they did admit that the file was marked urgent)We found a different surgeon that worked to make the surgery date sooner (offered following week), the office staff called back the same day and scheduled the surgery. Even though we had to drive from Orange county to San Diego, we felt better about the overall experience. We feel Dr. Lam would have done a wonderful job, but his office staff completely put us off from using his services.

Posted on April 13th, 2017