by Louise A Oram on Jan 25th, 2015

Dr Narra took out my thyroid in November of 2014. He was courteous, honest, focused, and skilled. I would recommend him to anyone in need of this type of surgery.

by Janet on Jul 31st, 2013

Great bedside manner - both during initial visit and at the hospital. Excellent follow up. Easy to reach and ask questions. Explains everything. Very compassionate.

Wouldn't listen to me, rushed me out of the office show details Wouldn't listen to me, rushed me out of the office
Oct 11th, 2012

I was recommended to Dr. Narra with regards to a hyperactive parathyroid gland. Though my blood tests showed that I did indeed have hyperparathyroidism, my scans to find the gland didn't show it. Dr. Narra wanted to hold off on the surgery because I was "too young" and "asymptomatic." However, when going over my symptoms, Narra listed them out very quickly, asking me to stop him if I heard something I had (a bit backwards, if you ask me). He missed that I had bone and joint pain, a very big problem with this disease, and when I corrected him he said, "Oh, that could be from something else." In my mid-20s, I'd be very curious to know what else would be causing severe bone/joint issues. He also said that when going in blind on patients with negative scans, he would have them "pick which side is luckiest. If we can't find the adenoma there, then we would have to go back in later." Anyone who has done proper research into hyperparathyroidism would have picked up on a number of other issues with Dr. Narra's experience with this disorder and with the surgery. EVERY question I raised about something he said, or every thing that I corrected him on was waived off. I felt as though I were an inconvenience to him by having an appointment. I walked out of there and found a new one at Boston Medical Center, who was much kinder, LISTENED to what I had to say as the patient, and who sent me for an ultrasound performed by a proper endocrinologist. One of my THREE problematic glands was found immediately and I went in for surgery a few weeks later.I am confident that had Dr. Narra done the surgery and experienced the same complications as the surgeon who performed the operation, he would either have messed something up or I would have had to have a second operation.

Unbelievable individual show details Unbelievable individual
Jul 24th, 2012

Dr. Narra spent 1 1/2 hurs on the first visit with my husband and I explaining every detail of the condition, surgery and even what might happen within the next 2 weeks if they found cancer. He even called me at home twice to check on me an dot see if by chance I had anymore questions. He has the passion to help others get well and it shows. He has a beautiful way about him!

Hernia operation show details Hernia operation
Jul 22nd, 2012

Dr. Narra operated on my hernia a couple of years ago. Before the operation, I thought that I was going to die from the pain.After the operation ---- no pain!!!!! I am glad to be in the land of the living as stated by David in Psalm 27:13Leonard Milburn (aka Sean Connery) (former Henry Ford patient).

poor surgeon show details poor surgeon
Aug 8th, 2011

Blindly did surgery and did not do enough pre-op testing. Caused a major life threatening and forever life altering complication