Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Be Careful show details Be Careful
May 18th, 2016

Saw him for a growing thyroid nodule. Said it didn't meet all his criteria for malignancy, and I could wait a year to see if it grows more, or if I was the type that needed "peace of mind" I could do it now. Thank god I chose to, because the biopsy came back as suspicious. His delivery of my results was very casual, and he made a few comments that my mother and I found to be rude. I decided to go with an award winning thyroid surgeon in Boston who was great!! Night to day difference. Pathology was positive for Papillary Carcinoma, and it was beginning to spread outside my thyroid. Thank god I didn't wait a year, and followed my gut, resulting in a better doctor and a better prognosis!

May 3rd, 2016

Surgery went well but the office staff is incredibly incompetent.

by John G on Apr 12th, 2016

Dr. Narra performed hernia surgery on me. The entire process and staff were efficient, more comfortable than I expected, and effective with no after effects. I would certainly approach him again, should I need a diagnosis and surgery requiring his specialty.

Number 1 show details Number 1
by Diana B. on Aug 8th, 2015

You couldn't ask for a better doctor. Dr.Narra is kind, compassionate and informative.

by Janet on Jul 31st, 2013

Great bedside manner - both during initial visit and at the hospital. Excellent follow up. Easy to reach and ask questions. Explains everything. Very compassionate.

Wouldn't listen to me, rushed me out of the office show details Wouldn't listen to me, rushed me out of the office
Oct 11th, 2012

I was recommended to Dr. Narra with regards to a hyperactive parathyroid gland. Though my blood tests showed that I did indeed have hyperparathyroidism, my scans to find the gland didn't show it. Dr. Narra wanted to hold off on the surgery because I was "too young" and "asymptomatic." However, when going over my symptoms, Narra listed them out very quickly, asking me to stop him if I heard something I had (a bit backwards, if you ask me). He missed that I had bone and joint pain, a very big problem with this disease, and when I corrected him he said, "Oh, that could be from something else." In my mid-20s, I'd be very curious to know what else would be causing severe bone/joint issues. He also said that when going in blind on patients with negative scans, he would have them "pick which side is luckiest. If we can't find the adenoma there, then we would have to go back in later." Anyone who has done proper research into hyperparathyroidism would have picked up on a number of other issues with Dr. Narra's experience with this disorder and with the surgery. EVERY question I raised about something he said, or every thing that I corrected him on was waived off. I felt as though I were an inconvenience to him by having an appointment. I walked out of there and found a new one at Boston Medical Center, who was much kinder, LISTENED to what I had to say as the patient, and who sent me for an ultrasound performed by a proper endocrinologist. One of my THREE problematic glands was found immediately and I went in for surgery a few weeks later.I am confident that had Dr. Narra done the surgery and experienced the same complications as the surgeon who performed the operation, he would either have messed something up or I would have had to have a second operation.

Unbelievable individual show details Unbelievable individual
Jul 24th, 2012

Dr. Narra spent 1 1/2 hurs on the first visit with my husband and I explaining every detail of the condition, surgery and even what might happen within the next 2 weeks if they found cancer. He even called me at home twice to check on me an dot see if by chance I had anymore questions. He has the passion to help others get well and it shows. He has a beautiful way about him!

poor surgeon show details poor surgeon
Aug 8th, 2011

Blindly did surgery and did not do enough pre-op testing. Caused a major life threatening and forever life altering complication