Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Patient  |  show details
by Asia Fetterolf on Mar 2nd, 2014

Due to an automobile accident's injuries, I visited hospitals frequently. The day I was to have colonoscopy and endoscopy, I was skeptical at first at the idea of having anesthesia outside the hospital. When I was under the care of Dr. Rustgi, I received the most professional, most organized and caring procedure, much more comforting than hospitals. When I came to, I was not nauseated like I usually am. I thank Dr. Rustgi and his team of wonderful professionals for making that day pleasant. Asia Fetterolf Fairfax, Virginia

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
by Lisa R on Dec 17th, 2013

Dr. Rustgi has cutting-edge knowledge. He is kind and caring, and very comforting while also straight-forward with diagnosis, prognosis, and potential challenges. I am very thankful to have been referred to Dr. Rustgi. I know that I am in good hands. Not so keen on the P.A. I saw once, though. He seemed more focused on research than on the human being sitting in front of him. Now I will only see Dr. Rustgi.

|  Great doc  |  show details
by Herbert R. on Jul 17th, 2013

Dr. Rustgi's credentials, experience, and professional esteem are indisputable. He is recognized up and down the east coast as Top Dog. I've been through several very serious illnesses with him and he's seen me through every step. His PAs are knowledgeable. My calls and emails are returned almost immediately by him and by his staff. I got annoyed once because I didn't think he had thought enough about an issue before giving advice, but it turned out that he was right on the money. Dr. Rustgi's front office is great. The Asian woman at reception may not be all warm and fuzzy but she is polite, respectful, and professional.

|  Bad stuff  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2013

The young Asian girl at the front desk is quite possibly the rudest most insulting assistant I have seen in a long time. Hard to believe this is a professional office. I made a appointment one month advance, when I showed up for the appointment the girl on the front desk says my wife call and cancel my appointment, which is a big lie. I call my wife and asked about it and she knows nothing about my appointment. But the girl in the front desk keep arguing with and acting like I'm the one who is lying.

May 1st, 2013

Been seeing this asshat since 2012.. Won't go into everything but I am trying for ssdi.. The office charged my credit card for 150 for medical info to send to my attny WITH OUT AUTHERIZATION. Then when I get mad and blast him in an email, he wrote back saying he will no longer treat me.. And all my illnesses were my fault.. Dunno how that is possible with auto immune hepatitis but hey I am not a dr.. I just got another email from him today telling me to have my attny stop contacting him...

|  A poor experience  |  show details
by Brian Thomas on Jan 23rd, 2013

I visited the office 3 times, and saw a Physician's Assistant all 3 times. I never saw Dr. Rustgi. I believe the PA consulted with him over the phone - he did not appear to even be in the office. The PA was reasonably knowledgable, but clearly did not have answers. In the end, they sent me for 2 fairly expensive tests (HIDA scan and Liver biopsy), and ended up saying "sorry, we don't know what it is" - no referral, no suggestions, nothing. In addition, the desk staff were unhelpful, bordering on rude. I had the first appointment of the day (8:30) and still had to wait at least 20 minutes each time. When I decided to go elsewhere, and called to request my records, they made it very difficult. It took 3 separate calls, and each time I was told something different about how to get my records. When I asked questions, I was talked down to, and made to feel as if it was my fault that they didn't have my records ready yet. Overall, I was extremely dissatisfied.

|  Dr, Rustgi  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

His credendials are excellent and his calm, low key approach makes you feel comfortable and secure.. I have found his staff to be nice and courteous and I have been there at least 6 times. Check his training if you doubt his ability. I adore him and his kind, soft, patient attitude. Margaret Watson

Jun 12th, 2012

no chance to see doctor, only his assistant.almost three weeks after bloood test, I haven't received any call to tell me the result.

|  Dissapointed in Care  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

Well, initially we were okay, staff seemed nice and the Doctor seemed knowlegeable. As time went on so did the disease...some staff became rude. Never saw Dr. Rustgi and was never allowed to speak with him, only saw a PA. Requested some paperwork to be completed for work and was told it would cost us money for them to complete. Requested a copy of a lab report. This costs money too. Make sure you get copies of everything any time you go there. If you ever need them later on...it may cost you. Seems their focus is on research and conducting expensive tests in their own facility. Don't seem to care as much for the patients care and well being. Very sad experience. Really did not realize how bad it was until we moved on to an awsome and wonderful new doctor.

Feb 10th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Rustgi for over 15 yrs. I look forward to seeing him not only because of his professionalism and expertise but also because of his interest. He spends a lot of time explaining test results and making recommendations. All of my doctors are at Georgetown and when my internist asked me who my gastroenterologist was and I said Dr. Rustgi she was very impressed. I have recommended him to my friends as he is quite a remarkable physician.

|  Mr. James Miller  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

The young asian girl at the front desk is quite possibly the rudest most insulting assistant I have seen in a long time. Hard to believe this is a professional office.

Apr 2nd, 2011

I had the usual Heart Burn symptoms. I was given a appointment with the PA.5 mins into the conversation , the PA suggested endoscopy in their own facility. The doctor saw me for 5 mins. As I see he is more interested in ordering test than hearing me out.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2011

I love Dr. Rustgi. He allows time to answer questions, has a great bedside manner and is great at following up, even answering emailed questions. His staff is professional and has been very helpful. My first appointment request was on short notice and they were able to fit me in the next day.

Jan 19th, 2011

My brother goes to this doctor for Chron's related issues. He seemed to care more about ordering tests rather than treating him. He often admits him into emergency for no apparent reason and asks him to get even the most current test redone. Unfortunately, he is in the middle of a situation and couldn't switch doctors. Don't go to this idiot if you want to get treated. All he seems to care about is making money.

|  Questionable ethics  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

Doctor never saw me and did not bother to return calls. Only his PA saw me but billed at specialist rate.Scheduled procedure even before the lab results came in!Billed procedure cancellation fee even though 1) I was not notified appt had been made, and 2) when I was called the day before the scheduled appt, I informed then to cancel it because I was not going to have a procedure done w.o the doctor explaining to me directly why I need the procedure.Receptionist gave me a hard time about withdrawing the bill until I raised a stink about it.

|  Poor bedside manner  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2010

More interested in money than in the patient's welfare.Discriminatory