Dr. Vinu Patel MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

January 10th, 2016
Was very happy with Dr. Patel and his staff. He answered all my questions and concerns and was very informative. Would definitely go back to him. Had no problems with making my appointments. Courteous staff.

December 9th, 2015
Very cocky doctor. / charge too much
I was sent there by my Obgyn. I had questions pertaining to my pregnancy and all I got from Dr Patel was a condescending attitude. I'm also a health professional and it bothers me when doctors behave that way. I would never visit his office again. Ever. The service was poor. I wish I could get my money back.

October 16th, 2015
Made up problems w/ pregnancy - other doctors confirmed he lied
I was called in to do several ultrasounds for low fluid levels. He had placed me on bed rest and had me in his office for 2-3 hours every other week doing these stress tests, ultrasounds, and long waiting room waits. Turns out my fluid levels were never low and I had other doctors state that all these visits were unnecessary and causing me more stress and money than they were actually worth. His office staff is extremely rude and unwilling to work around your schedule. They will schedule you for a certain time and then leave you in the waiting room for hours on end. I spent no more than 3 minutes with Dr. Patel at each visit, maybe 10 with the ultrasound technician, and the rest of the time waiting. He never fully explained any "problem" he diagnosed me with and pretty much said to trust him. Very poor practices high I had confirmed by other doctors. It's about getting your money, not about keeping you and baby healthy.

October 13th, 2015
Avoid if you can.
Money hungry doctor--- He and his staff insists on unneeded follow ups.

July 16th, 2015
Will NEVER return to this facility. Staff is incredibly rude and Dr runs unnecessary tests. Costs tons of $ and they can't even explain to you why they are running said tests!

March 6th, 2015
The absolutely best doctor I have ever come across.

February 20th, 2015
Check, check, double check, thorough!! Very smart and cares.
Excellent doctor efficient and very smart. I like that he is not so laid back. I have been to another perinatologist in Boca Raton and they were too laid back in my last pregnancy for me after losing my daughter at 39 weeks to a chord accident.

June 13th, 2013
too much expensive...
My ob suggested to go there for another review... done unnecessary u/s and billed big amount....wanted to make another appointment which was not at all needed....

February 28th, 2013
it takes more time to check out than the time spent with Patel
I have never been so rushed out at a doctors office before. Her office manager is the sweetest person. She is truly a caring person. I've been there twice and I always leave with more questions and more doubts. The moment you sit in his office he wants you out. He asks for your weight and to book your next app and that is about it. Horrible, horrible doctor.

August 25th, 2010
he knows what he is doing
I would say dr. Patel is very knowlegable in his filed of practice. However, office was always overbooked, the waiting room was full, and I got a feeling he waa just scheduling everyone to get more $$$ from insurance companies. Also he takes very little time with patients. I definately trust his diagn0sis, but wish he could take more time to explain them.

July 19th, 2010
not worth the wait
i was referred to this specialist by my reguilar ob to monitor my cervical threshold- after seeing him every 2 weeks for 4 months he still didnt know me by name! very unpersonable. every time i saw him to go over results of visit he would tell me everything was looking ok but when i saw my reg ob they said his reports were saying things were wrong. staff is incompentant to set appts always calling me to change at last minute. the only feelings i get of the practice is churn out as many patients as possible to make a quick buck. believe me, that office was not the reason my pregnancy ended up going ok after all- they did nothing but make excuses to see me again and again so they could bill my insurance co. what a waste of co-pays and time! the only reason i put up with it all is because each time i went i told myself it couldnt get worse but it did!

February 11th, 2010
Lisa
The crowded waiting room and unusually long wait time might be just gimmicks how great the practise is.Ask them upfront how much your or your insurance might pay. This lack of transparency might prove costly.After long wait and some procedures, where you also wait, Dr spends with you just a few minutes hardly giving you your accurate health picture. Give a chance to different experts in the area, although he might come highly recommended.