Dr. Violet Juodakis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2016
Rudest Staff I've ever encountered
I have been with Dr. Juodakis for many years, she's my only option through my insurance company. Despite always having to wait at least an hour and a half, her service has been ok. The problem is that she employs the rudest, most disrespectful staff I've ever encountered. I needed a referral for a vision specialist, and her staff acted like I was a major burden to them, asking me to call my insurance co. to get any information on the approval (the insurance co. were very nice and informed that this was actually the job of Dr. Juodakis' staff). After the auth. # was approved, the staff didn't let me know, and after I gave them the fax number, refused to send the auth. the first time. Every time I had to call them to ask them to do their job, I could hear a voice in the background say, " Is it that [person] again? arrgggh!" When I did come in for a check-up a week later, the staff was extremely rude. After waiting for an hour and a half, I l politely let the staff know that I did have to get back to work soon. They said, "If you want us to finish your referral, you better go in that room and sit back down!" After stating that I was just asking about timing, they said four times, "Why don't you just leave then? JUST LEAVE!" I went back in the waiting room and burst into tears. I don't know what other options I have through my insurance and it feels so oppressive that every time I need any health work done, I will have to encounter this hostility.

February 25th, 2016
Best doc I ever had!!!
Amazing experience, i wish there was more doctors like her.

February 1st, 2016
2-3 hour wait is considered appropriate . With two small children I don't think it's considered good practice to have people wait for 2 hours that arrive early and on time . No matter what . Staff was cold and unapproachable . Doctor was unimpressive.

May 13th, 2015
Wish there were no stars
Possibly the worst experience I've ever received, rude and just arrogant that's including her staff

March 17th, 2015
Great doctor- abysmal off ice system. Wait times exceed 3 hours regularly.

August 21st, 2013
Mrs.
Stay away from this one. She is arrogant and disrespectful. I think she is mentally unstable. I was made to wait 2.5 hours for one visit. There was no excuse for this. The walls are thin in this small cramped office and I could hear her on the phone, a 30 minute call, and I when I asked one of her many students from Pima to check for me, I heard her say "I'm on the computer". She also treated me as if I were an idiot. Finally had to say, "I'm not stupid." Next visit was a shorter wait but nevertheless the delay was due her being late for her first patient. I was the second and she didn't see the first until it was my time. Also at this time she walked right past me in the exam room (I had the door open) and did not acknowledge me. Instead, she looked at my feet out of the corner her eye and pretended not to see me. She does not review charts before sweeping into the exam room as if she is busy. So misinterprets records. She likes to order unnecessary tests as well. The first time I saw her I was having gastro issues so she ordered a lab, for which I had no insurance, then referred me to a gastro who ordered the same lab. She also refused to make a phone appointment with me to discuss a bone scan report. That was the last straw. It is a 50 mile round trip for me to her office. 'nuff said. Avoid at all costs.

December 3rd, 2012
Dr. Juodakis seems to be a very caring doctor but doesn't care how long her patients have to wait for their appointment. I was told that every patient gets whatever time they need with the doctor and others would just have to wait until they were finished. Patients can't always wait over an hour for their scheduled appointment, especially if they work themselves.

September 4th, 2012
staff is amazing, makes the wait seem less

August 25th, 2012
One visit with this doctor was enough for me. She seemed to have no interest in me as a person but only as a body to test the latest drug on.

January 14th, 2012
I had two appointments with Dr. Juodakis having to wait over 90 minutes both times. The second visit was also my last. I made the second appointment to discuss concerns she had no time for the first appointment. She told me a needed a follow lab test and said she needed to see if my insurance covered it. She left the room (I thought to check on this). A few minutes later an office worker came it, surprised to me. She stated the doctor was in with her next patient. I walked out. Upon arriving home I called my insurance provider to find a new primary care physician. Also, while waiting in the lobby I could hear the office staff discussing other patients. Wonder what they said about me.

December 10th, 2011
This doctor's office has lost my paperwork twice now and the waiting times have always been absurd, but after my last appointment I have absolutely had it.I couldn't get an appointment scheduled for over a month, then I sat in the waiting room for ages and when I finally saw Dr. Juodakis she gave me a long lecture about my weight - which had nothing to do with the problem I'd come in for - and kept up her monologue without stopping so that I couldn't even break in to ask her about my actual medical issue until she was leaving the room. I then got the fastest and most painful and perfunctory gyno exam I've ever had, which was followed up in the end by one of her staff calling my husband (instead of me - we have different phone numbers) and telling him my medical problems BEFORE asking him to identify himself.I'm looking for a new doctor.

November 30th, 2011
Be cautious
When I finally got in to see this doctor, I was kept waiting in a very tiny room for over 3 hours!!! Staff was so-so. Doctor was fine until I wanted more information. Not so good on that one. I have changed doctors, and am feeling relieved about my decision