Dr. Violet Mcintosh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 13th, 2016
Love, Love, Love Dr. McIntosh and staff at EMHC

March 16th, 2015
Outstanding to have, wonderful to work with!!

January 9th, 2015
Think twice before...
I am very disappointed from this center. Main point they do repeated testing (yes their motivation in most cases appear to be monitory gain) . Taking advantage of sincere concern and fear of breast cancer in women they to do unnecessary repeat testing. I just saw my GYN and she told me that she gets lots of women calling her after a first visit to EH breast center. They are invited for further observation. I feel uncomfortable saying it but this center is like an assembly line and it my impression is that repeated testing is not innocently. Who assessed the number of invitation for re-assessment comparing them to other centers. By they way they are super nice to all women. Super nice....but that does not convince me that the practice good medicine.

May 6th, 2014
A trusted surgeon
When you see Dr. McIntosh you are there because of a serious or potentially serious issue. She is going to be direct and tell you everything you will need to know to make an informed decision. I have been her patient for five years and as my surgeon I have a deep trust and level of confidence in her skilled hands because I know she is one of the best out there.

December 16th, 2013
Stay Away
The doctor has no bedside manner. When she had test results, she wouldn't discuss them till the following day. She is abrupt and does not seem to have any care in the patient.

June 18th, 2013
Dr. McIntosh did a great job of advising me- telling me exactly what my risks were in a straightforward way, and telling me what needed to be done. She went the extra mile to make sure things were done the right way - to make sure I would be ok.

July 15th, 2012
Susan RN
I've been seeing Dr McIntosh for quite some time now. I recently underwent breast cancer surgery for the second time, but the first time with her. Dr. McIntosh has always been caring, compassionate, understanding, knowledgeable & Professional. I never feel rushed when in her office. Pat her NP is an absolute doll. Dr. McIntosh saw me through a very difficult time & I will be forever grateful to her.

December 6th, 2011
go elsewhere
I should have known from the beginning when she was not at all friendly during my initial meeting with her. But, I blamed myself and said I was just nervous and went through with the surgery as she recommended. What a mess. I will never go back to her or to englewood.

March 30th, 2011
Ellyn L.McKenna, RN
Dr. Mc Intosh Is a women who is couteous, respectful, knowledgeable & one of the best surgeons I`ve met during my long career,

March 29th, 2011
Dr. McIntosh is a brillant physician and for me had gotten it right from the very beginning. She is a no nonsense consummate professional.

November 29th, 2010
a true blessing to the health professiona
I have been a patient of Dr.McIntosh's for the past 13 years. Not only is she an expert in the field but, has a very empathetic demeanor. This is a rare find these days among physicians, God Bless her! She saved my life.

April 25th, 2010
Do not recommend
She has the most unprofessional office staff.I couldn't get an appointment with her on my own & had to have my GP get involved in order for them to acknowledge me.Even after that, they wouldn't give me an appointment with the surgeon unless I scheduled a surgery date. And even then, they said she would only meet with me 1 week before my surgery so I could sign a consent form.I didn't have a good impression after meeting with her - she rushed through the visit & didn't answer all my questions.Needless to say, I cancelled the surgery and found a more caring, professional surgeon.