Dr. Viorel Lupu MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Taylor, MI

April 13th, 2016
Lookin for a GREAT MD?
Best physician I've ever had!! Sorry I moved from here.

October 4th, 2013
Best Doctor in 50 Years for DAD
I have to say I am surprised by the poor review I read. Although its only one bad review, I cant say enough how absolutely caring this doctor is. My father left his physician, You know the kind, runs in the room stands by the door, quicly flips through your medical record and says, time for this test and this one. Want a flu shot? How about your neds, do you need refills. Okay then ill see you in 6 months and as soon as you open your mouth before he has time to flee the room he says "Oh, how are you feeling?" LOL Thats the doctor my dad left and why... Dr Lupu immediately shook his hand and sat down comfortably. Opened his chart and asked "so how have you been feeling" (called him by his name). You can tell he really cares cause he never looks in the chart again until the visit is over. Then he looks in and states the obvious needs for testing or flu shot, refills, etc. When my dad was seeing the other doc he had been taking so many over the counter pills he couldnt keep track. LUPU Helped him get on track with a good diet to lose weight and took him OFF his diabetic meds as soon as his numbers were normal for many months. Other meds soon followed with his improving health. Dad swears this is the best doc hes ever had next to the one he had when he was in his early 20's. Dads 71 now and that is a long time to find a good doctor. If you believe in your doctor and your care than stick with LUPU and dont listen to the garbage spewed by a person that will blame her doctor because she is still overweight.... Hearts and floweres!!!

May 22nd, 2013
Whenever we call for appt, most times seen same day. Diagnosis and treatment have always been "spot on". Jennifer, Jan and Karen are you always very pleasant and professional. When there have been referrsls made to other Oakwood professionals, we have always had confidence in his recommendations. This is a physician we have confidence in and would recomend to others. Sounds like the person complaining below needs to learn how to listen to his doctor's recommendation...when we've had health issues in which weight loss would assist, we've asked for a recommended diet to assist and Dr Lupu gladly provided. Remember "if you don't ask, you won't receive."

July 7th, 2011
As for the rebuttal...
I find it amazing that this family member would post a rebuttal. My views were molded by the complaints that I heard from this person. Her father even advised my mother to stop seeing him at one point. But I digress.Dr. Lupu misdiagnosed my condition as I stated in my previous review, when I got a second opinion and provided him a copy of the diagnosis he seemed irritated. It would have taken a simple blood test for him to clarify what was going on. In addition one of his nurses has a horrible attitude problem over the phone when you call for test results and to ask questions...it isn't one time it's every time. Not just me but my mother as well.Just take into consideration that one misdiagnosis is one too many!

February 10th, 2010
One Misdiagnosis, Not a Whole Family
As the cousin who has lupus & the daughter of the uncle who lost his leg, I feel that I must put out a rebuttal to a review that was put out here by a well meaning family member. Dr. Lupu works with the specialists that I see out at UofM for my lupus. This team communicates to try & keep my lupus in as much control as possible. As for my father's leg, Dr. Lupu was one of the many physicians who worked for over 7 years to try & save his leg. In the end the diabetes won. If I did not feel that Dr. Lupu was a good doctor, I would surely stop going to him as would the other family & friends who use him for their healthcare. So if you are looking for a physician, then myself, family members & friends recommend Dr. Lupu.

December 15th, 2009
A Family Full of Misdiagnosis
Dr. Lupu has treated many of my family members and has failed many times. He misdiagnosed my toxoplasmosis that I contracted in the Caribbean after I told him I became ill after my vacation to a developing country. My uncle ended up having his leg amputated due to his inability to follow up and make sound decisions for patients. My cousin was seeing him and he made her Lupus complications worse. I have had high cholesterol for 5 years and he hasn't said anything about it in 4 years. He wants me to lose weight but doesn't create a plan to help me obtain that goal. He is just an all around BAD doctor. Many of my family members stay with him because they don't know who else to go to and can't handle change.