Urologists
410 Celebration Pl
Ste 200
Kissimmee, FL 34747
407-303-4673
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  "Salvage" robotic prostetectamy  |  show details
by Randy O'Hara on Sep 3rd, 2013

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and decided to undergo radiation treatment in May/June 2011. PSA originally decreased but began to increase by early 2012. A second prostate biopsy in Sept. 2012 revealed cancer still remained in prostate. Met with Dr. Patel shortly thereafter. He was much more optimistic than I was. Prostate removed by Dr. Patel in Nov. 2012. All PSA tests since then have been less than 0.1. My results have been much better than I could have hoped for. Returned to work 4 weeks after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Patel.

|  Saved My Life  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

Thank you Dr Patel for your expertise, knowledge and dedication to the care of your patients who have prostate cancer and who are treated by you. My surgery and recovery have been extremely positive. My cancer was successfully removed and I am cancer free for 4 years. Your reassuring, professional and confident attitude are an A !! Your staff is top notch and their personal interest was sincere. I believe that what you and Florida Hospital at Celebration have established with your program is and should be a model for other operations throughout the world. My life is abundantly normal and my thanks and praise go out to Dr Vipul Patel.

|  Kind, compassionate, Surgeon  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

Dr.Patel truly takes the time to evaluate his patients individually. When it comes to prostate cancer each case is unique,therefore, my appreciation for the individualized care provided by Dr. Patel is abounding. I did not want to be just another "cancer" patient. It was the doctor's explanation to me that made me realize just because I know other men who have had prostate cancer with different treatments and outcomes, it was important to understand my situation. The surgery is only part of the treatment, the other part was dependent on my compliance and follow through with medications and therapy. I have and will continue to highly recommend Dr. Patel and his team!!

|  Dr. Malicious  |  show details
by Leanda Leandre on Jun 21st, 2013

I would never recommend Dr. Vipul Patel or his associate Dr. Kenneth J. Palmer to anyone wanting to have a prostectomy. My father was denied surgery after they made us jump through hoops. They gave us a date and everything and canceled it because my father refused dialysis. My father being of sound mind& body made an informed decision about his care and they disregarded his concerns and left him with cancer in his body. Gross negligence in my opinion.

|  More hype than results  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2011

I have had the worst experience with robotic prostate surgery with Dr. Patel. He is just a "show man" and advertises more than he delivers. I am still leaking urine more than 6 months after surgery and erections are NON EXISTENT! Stop advertising Dr. Patel and start delivering what you promise.

|  Did not provide followup care  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

Dr Patel did not meet with me for more than 5 minutes after surgery. He handed me over to physician extenders without further contact. The severe ED which followed his surgery was never explained and as he claimed that to be a nearly non-existent side effect, I was left with the sense he made mistakes during the surgery. I advise finding another urologic surgeon whon advertises less and has better results.

|  A True Professional  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr. Patel and his staff are thoroughly professional in every aspect. His office worked tirelessly to negotiate the demands of presurgical clearances and insurance coverage, I was seen without delay, and the surgery went perfectly. Dr. Patel knew all of the information in my chart before meeting me, answered all of my questions without hesitation and everything happened the way he said it would.I have had an excellent result and I am cancer free. the decision to have him do my surgery was absolutely the best decision I could have made under the circumstances.

|  show details
by patient in December 2006 on Aug 1st, 2010

The most experinced robotic surgeon in the world--everything he told would happen happenned when he told me--recovery was exactly as predicted--cancer free after 3.5 years--any complications were a result of prior non-Patel biopsy--he is a surgeon and once his work is done, if there are complications he does refer back to urologist for solutions--he works quickly and efficiently!

|  Disappointment  |  show details
by life on Mar 4th, 2010

dissatisfactionfocuses primarily on the personal choices that contributed to a poor outcome. Incontinence problem from the surgery,he said nothing he can do... sorry ..go visit your urology ...