A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Viren Vankawala:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Viren Vankawala, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Lipid Disorders
- Stress Testing
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Vankawala graduated from Government Medical College, Surat.
Dr. Vankawala has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Atlantic City Medical Center-Atlantic Di
- Atlanticare Regional Medical Center-City Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vankawala accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Viren R. Vankawala practice?
Dr. Viren Vankawala practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Galloway, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Atlantic City, NJ.