Dr. Virgina Critelli MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2017
Perforated colon
2014 dr critetti performed a colonoscopy on me. After in awoke I began regirgatating a green substance, dr critelli did not know What the substance was. I was sent home with pain in my abdomen. 2 days later I could not stand the pain any longer, so I went to the emergency room. It was determined that dr critelli Had perforated my colon. According to the surgeon who repaired the hole in my colon there was considerable bile on the Outside of my colon that was cleaned up during the surgery. I accept that no one including doctors are perfect. However, When a doctor makes a mistake as in my case, it can have life threatening consequences. Dr. Critelli should have recognized That I was throwing up bile and taken action consistent with proper protocol when a perforation occurs.

December 29th, 2016
appointment
I got scared when I never meet the doctor only her assistant and was told I would meet doctor day of operation . NO THANKS that's nuts.

July 17th, 2014
Dr. Critelli really saved me! I had esophageal problems for 40 years. I had always been given pills and told to sleep with my head elevated. She had tests done and realized I needed a myotomy and Fundoplication ....my relief was IMMEDIATE! Thank you Dr. Critelli !!!

May 21st, 2014
Horrid
I have been to many doctors in my life for different things. I have never complained or had mean things to say about a doctor. This doctor was the worst doctor I have ever been to in my life. She was the most rudest person I have ever had a encounter with being a doctor. The way she talks to you she's very unconcerning, uncaring, non sensible. I was in total shock at the way she talked to me. Not friendly just her tone was horrible. She wouldn't listen to what I had to say about what was going on she talked to me like I was stupid. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone ever.

May 7th, 2014
Critelli a No-Show for a Scheduled Colonoscopy
The first time I had a colonoscopy performed by Dr. Critelli, she was 30 or 40 minutes late. She arrived in a rush, blaming her office for her lateness. Several years later (recently) I had another colonoscopy scheduled with Dr. Critelli for 8 AM. She was to phone in an order for antibiotics because I am a heart patient with a valve issue caused by pneumonia. She told me they would start the antibiotics an hour before my appointment. I arrived by 6:45 AM (for an 8 AM appointment) to find that no antibiotics had been ordered. The nurses tried repeatedly to reach Critelli on the phone but she was not answering and her voice mail was full. By 9:30 AM Critelli had not been reached, no antibiotics had been administered, and the anesthesiologist and anesthetist (required by my cardiologist) had been waiting around for more than an hour. The nurses finally reached Critelli by calling her office and sending someone to find her. They asked her to come do the procedure. She declined because she said I had canceled the appointment. However, her office had called the day before to confirm and to tell me my co-pay. Plus I was on the hospital's schedule. Then she claimed my cardiologist had not approved the procedure and anesthesia -- not true because my cardiologist had communicated with her practice and given his approval. Plus, the anesthesiologist and the anesthetist were both ready and waiting, along with me and the rest of the staff. Because a colonoscopy is a 15-20 minute procedure, the unit manager nurse tried repeatedly to convince Critelli to do the procedure. Finally Critelli said she would do the procedure at 1:30 PM or I could remain on liquids and she would do it at 8 AM the next day. I said no to both and asked for Critelli to order a virtual colonoscopy since I had done all the prep. The virtual colonoscopy center told my nurse they could accommodate me. Critelli refused to order a virtual. So, no colonoscopy after doing all the prep -- by far the worst part of a colonoscopy. I won't be going back to Critelli.

January 21st, 2014
Adequate, not Great
very nice and competent staff. The doctor seemed rude, was abrupt and seemed annoyed. She seemed unfamiliar with the procedure we requested and her nurse «walked her through» what needed to be done.

February 25th, 2013
Avoid Her
Very poor quality service from Dr. Critelli. I am amazed at how she can be employed with her very rude communication. Her nurse was great. Stay away Dr. Critelli unless you want poor examining and putting you on a list to do the scopes. That's all she cares about. Awful!

August 9th, 2012
Don't Use this Doctor!
Awful experience. Staff does not return calls. Waste of money. Nurse is bad. Dr. Critelli does not care about the health of her patients or the pain they are in. Awful communications. Rude behavior by Dr. Critelli and the staff.

July 20th, 2012
I waited for dr critelli for over an hour and a half. She was running behind an hour. Once I finally got in to see her, she was great!

March 22nd, 2012
Would not recommend!
Did prep for 2nd colonoscopy (1st one not suggessful). After no BM, I called on-call dr. at 3:30am who told me Dr. C would not be able to get a reading. I still went to my 7am appt. and told Dr. C that I did not have BM and on-call dr. said wounldn't be able to do. Dr. C said, "let's do it." I listed to my dr. Findings? Nothing of course. Asked for my $300 back for this. After NUMEROUS attempts with office manager and Operations manager, no resolution was given so I will be taking them to small claims court. Dr. C & her nurse were both very unpleasant to me and did not return my calls when they said they would.

February 28th, 2012
Administrative Staff is Awful
It is a miracle that Dr Critelli can function in an office that is filled with non-caring staff. If you expect to speak with a person when you call or to have your phone calls returned when promised, then you will be disappointed.

July 23rd, 2010
I was under Dr. Critelli's care just over10 years ago. I have been through a countless number ofdoctors during my life. She is beyond"excellent" in so many ways. She is verythorough, and "leaves no stone unturned". Her "bedside manner" cansimply be angelic.