Internist, Cardiologist (heart), Critical Care Specialist, Nuclear Medicine Specialist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 18th, 2016

My mother had an appt for 8am for stress test. She had to fast prior to doing the stress test. My mother called me, very upset because they left her in the examination room for hours and never came in to check on her. She had nothing to eat since the night before. Well at 3p she called me again still waiting. She asked the nurse to take the IV out because she was leaving but instead of the nurse taking it out, she explains to my mother that is she leaves she will still be charged. I then told my mom to come home. She did, with the IV still in her arm. I removed it. This is a Cardiologist but it seems like the staff doesn't have a heart!!!

Nov 16th, 2015

After being told by Dr. Gonzalez's nurse that I needed a heart procedure due to bad results from a stress test performed at their office, I got a second opinion from a physician recommended to me by a friend. (Likely the long wait time contributed to my stress.) Guess what? Nothing wrong with my heart. Was told to take 2 baby aspirin daily by second opinion physician. Apparently read the wrong results or simply got the wrong info. So glad I went for a second opinion. Had gone to the female physician thinking she would be more knowledgeable on women's heart issues. Have since heard bad reviews from others that also had bad experiences. So glad I went for that second opinion! Always good idea to get more than one doctor to look at you when the issue is serious--especially before any surgeries/procedures.

Two very terrible experiences show details Two very terrible experiences
by Holly on Aug 27th, 2013

My husband was referred to Dr. Gonzalez by his GP because of his high blood pressure and pulse (we knew each were only because he has terrible anxiety over physicians). However, the GP wouldn't further investigate his original reason for the appointment until we saw a cardio specialist, despite our protests. Dr. Gonzalez wanted to perform a stress test during the first appointment. This entails getting an injection, waiting one hour, then running on a treadmill. The injection was administered via a central line, which was left in during what was supposed to be a one hour wait. My husband's total wait time was THREE HOURS before his stress test--with a needle in his hand. I spoke to the front desk several times. I eventually got a little ugly with the receptionist and voila! we were finally passed to Dr. G. At the second visit, my husband needed blood work, so he had to fast beginning the night before. His appointment was at 1:30. After his blood pressure was taken upon his arrival... nothing. At 5:00, I called to ask what was taking so long, complaining about how he had been fasting for almost 24 hrs. I was informed that their office didn't do blood work and that my husband was supposed to have gone to another location before the visit. No ever told us that before. So after fasting for nothing, he walked out. It may not be entirely the front desk's fault for this misunderstanding, but regardless, three and a half hours is much too long a wait, fasting or fed. Is it REALLY necessary for a doctor's office to treat people this way? Regardless of if the receptionist overbooked or the doctor had a patient emergency (which is unlikely on 2 out of 2 occasions), this office has seriously committed malfeasance as such that we will not be returning--even if it means driving to Shreveport for a doctor. Seriously ridiculous.

Good Doctor Poor Office Management show details Good Doctor Poor Office Management
by DeWanna Lindo on Aug 3rd, 2013

Dr. Gonzalez is an excellent doctor....however, the average wait time for a 15 min. office visit is 4 hours. The staff is very rude and unconcerned about the waiting patients, most of which are elderly. They never offer an explanation of why the wait is so long. It would be nice, at least after around the second hour someone would apologize for the wait. This is not an occasional occurrence, it is the normal. Who ever is doing the scheduling should really be more concerned about the waiting patients than how many patients can be seen in a day.

Patient show details Patient
by Taylor on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Gonzalez does not give shots or do urine tests in her office. I believe that person below was confused on what doctor she was at. Dont be mislead! This doctor is fantastic!!!

THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY AND NO YOUR HEALTH show details THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY AND NO YOUR HEALTH
Jan 28th, 2013

THIS DOCTOR SUCKS! I WAS SO SICK ONE DAY AT WORK AND I END IN HER OFFICE BECAUSE MY DOCTOR WAS NOT AVAILABLE. BIG MISTAKE!!! SHE SAID I HAD A URINE INFECTION AND SHE GAVE ME SOME MEDICINE FOR IT AND SHE WILL SEND MY RESULTS TO THE LET AND WILL LET ME KNOW IF I NEED ANOTHER SET OF ANTIBIOTICS AFTER THE RESULTS COME BACK...OF COURSE HER OFFICE NEVER COME BACK..FOR MY SURPRISE NEVER GET BETTER UNTIL I WENT TO MY DOCTOR AND SHE GAVE ME THE RIGHT MEDICATION. THE 2ND TIME AND MY LAST VISIT TO HER OFFICE I HAD AN AWFUL UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION AND SHE GAVE ME A SHOT WHICH COST ME AN ARM AND A LEG FOR. SHE NEVER SAID WILL BE ANYTHING EXTRA FOR...I FOUGHT W/ MY INSURANCE SINCE IT WAS NOT THE 1ST TIME I GET THIS SHOT TO CURE MY UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION ANYWAYS AFTER CHARGING TWICE FOR THIS SHOT DUE THE ADMINISTRATION FEE AND MORE...I WAS W/ A STUPID BILL OF $60 IN TOP OF MY CO PAYMENT. I HAVE A PPO INSURANCE. I AM SO DISSAPOINTED AND I WILL NEVER COME BACK. I WILL PREFER TO GO THE EMERGENCY ROOM SINCE THEY WILL CHARGE ME THE SAME ANYWAYS....PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR...THEY ARE NO PROFESSIONAL AND THEY JUST WANT TO CHARGE FOR SAY HI TO YOU.

stop complaining over everything in Life show details stop complaining over everything in Life
Sep 26th, 2012

I go by Dr. Gonzales office somtimes several times a week. The staff are probably the nicest of any doctor's office, or any other business. You are always greeted with a smile.They are professional but, yet caring and friendly.People forget the staff are people too. I have worked many years for doctors in the past.People tend to forget you are human too, and have days where you feel bad, or maybe a child sick....These people have lives too and are not perfect. Amazing, they still manage to put patients first and smile.Sometimes when we think someone is rude, just perhaps we need to check our own attitude.And in answer to the furniture...Well, if you put soft posh furniture in the reception room, the patient, especially elderly would never be able to get up.It's not the HILTON, but a doctor's office. The furniture that is selected for doctor's offices is designed to accomidate everyone. I know people who get out of bed complaing until they return to bed.For you can't be pleased folks, have you ever heard...This is the Day The Lord Made, be GLAD and rejoice in it. Meditate on that. You will soon find you are alot happier.To all the complainers...Have A Blessed Day.

too long to wait and uncomfortable show details too long to wait and uncomfortable
Jun 25th, 2012

I was there over 4 hours.the staff at the front desk were seemed cold and uncaring.2 televisions with no sound set on news and was told we could not touch them.the couches and chairs were too low and all the patients were having a hard time getting out of them and some couldn't get from their walkers to sit down on them.4 straight chairs with no arms to help us get up.people were there laying over and resting their heads on their walkers.It broke my heart.everone there was old and sick and the comfort was not to be found.She needs to be aware of how we were treated.The nurse was pleasant enough.Over all NOT WORTH THE WAIT!

Feb 21st, 2011

I am very satisfied with Dr. Gonzalez. She is an excellent doctor.

She gets right down to business. show details She gets right down to business.
Jun 9th, 2010

Dr. G is all energy, and focuses on me, she explains what she finds and what it means and what comes next. When I had to have a catheratization done she expplained everything and answered all my questions. I met her when I had a surprise heart attack at the ER at Glenwood Hospital, she took excellent care of me and recognized it as a heart attack even though the symptom were atypical. She ran the right tests. Her peer seem to respect her, too.

Sep 3rd, 2008

Older lady in reception is one of the rudest person you will ever meet. She is bad for this doctors office and has had many complaint against her before.