Dr. Virginia Lolley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 6 reviews

August 31st, 2016
Office visit
Dr. Lolley is extremely knowledgeable and very helpful in me understand and make decisions about my eye surgery. Her staff are very friendly.

April 18th, 2016
Only offered $6000 multifocal lenses for cataract surgery. Did not discuss options available. Either made her own choices for corrective lenses or had me confused with another patient.

April 6th, 2016
The reason I didn't give Dr. Lolley a higher rating is because of one of her employees. UAB doesn't seem to care how poorly doctors and employees treat their patients. I hope anyone who has Blue Cross Blue Shield will contact them and let them know if you feel you have been mistreated by UAB, as your comments help determine UAB's insurance tier (according to BCBS). UAB has recently been downgraded to a Tier 2 facility, which was well deserved.

August 26th, 2015
Staff Problems
I have no big problem with Dr. Virginia Lolley; however, in my opinion UAB (including their Callahan Eye Hospital Clinic) has a huge problem with nurses, receptionists, or whoever answers the phone when I call concerning prescriptions or something else I may need after my visit. I always get a return call with a message left answering a different question than what I asked or some other mix-up. Even with the high quality of MOST of UAB's physicians, I am finally being forced to find all new doctors elsewhere because of the aggravation caused by me not having time to call back 10 times each time I need something because it is rarely ever handled properly even after several phone calls. During my latest visit to Dr. Lolley, she wrote me a prescription for new eyeglasses. I later decided I would rather have bifocals so I wouldn't also have to carry around a set of reading glasses with me all the time. At the appointment, the doctor said she could write the prescription either way. After multiple phone calls to the clinic and several days of waiting, in today's mail was a (barely legible) copy of my original prescription I already have. So, once again, much time wasted after receiving exactly the OPPOSITE of what I asked for!

March 17th, 2015