Dr. Virginia Robine DO Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

February 26th, 2015
Was an excellent doctor. Unfortunately, my family moved to Columbia. Haven't really found another like her!

January 8th, 2015
Not primary care - Not any care
I've been using this doctor for my "primary care" for 4 years. My last appointment with her was much like all previous ones, with the exception of her rant. When I tried to ask her about swelling in my hands and feet, she told me to pick one - she could only address one issue per visit. I picked my hands as the pain and swelling was interferring with my work. She proceeded to say that I was simply "soft" and that at my age (56) I needed to toughen up and not worry about every little ache and pain. She said if I'd get off my behind and work out every day like she does, I'd feel better about myself and not be inclined to complain so much. I am not a complainer - in fact was only in her office once a year for 4 years to get a mamo ordered...she did finally agree to send me to a carpal tunnel specialist after I insisted but she told me it was a waste of my time. Long story short, I did go to the carpal tunnel specialist, who discovered that while I did have CPS and needed surgery, I also have Rhuematoid Arthritis. I will not return to Ms. Robine. After this situation, I thought back over the visits I've had with Ms. Robine and realized that not once, in 4 years had that dr touched me. Never listened to my heart, never looked in my eyes/throat/nose. Never did I sit on the exam table - only in the chair next to her counter where she would lecture me, send me for annual blood tests and mammos. Never had a follow up call on any lab work. And I know she won't care. If you want someone who cares about their patients, find a different person.

December 24th, 2014
Greatest Staff around!
I'm very pleased with the staff and Drs. Robine. Immaculate office and patient rooms. I keep recommending them to everyone who asks me about my Doctors. I think anyone who is displeased is related to Ebenezer Scrooge!

August 29th, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this Doctor and his staff to anyone. My new Patient appointment scheduled at 9am didn't happen until 1030. Dr. Robine comes in. I explain my appointment situation and he says if waiting to see the doctor is a big deal you might want to go elsewhere. I walked out.

July 28th, 2014
Extremely rude receptionist! We have been patients there for years and I just tried to make a check up appointment for my daughter. I'm not sure what to do?? We carry our own private insurance so I could switch doctors but....

March 25th, 2014
Database Engineer
Leaving this Doctor. Dr. Robine is a good Doctor but her staff treats people like second class citizens. They treat patience like your stupid. I'll never go back.

December 31st, 2013
The last two times I've made an appointment I've had to wait over an hour, once it was over 2 hours. She was supposed to call my antibiotics prescription in for a sinus infection on New Years Eve ( I saw her in the morning, had the results of my chest X-ray by 1 PM) and she didn't. Left messages that my pharmacy closed at 5. Won't be open tomorrow either and now I will have to go to an urgent care clinic and spend more money. Last time I will go there.

December 11th, 2013
I have been seeing Dr. Robine for not quite a year now. However, as of today, not sure I will go back for my next visit. Her staff, - - - -, is horrible and I am just sick of dealing with her. She must really hate her job and needs to find a new one. She is costing Dr. Robine patients and money. This all started with my wrong address, apparently something I did, (I would think I know my own address)????I received a bill for $350.00 for three or four visits about four months after going there. I called to straighten out, was hung up on, finally I contacted bookkeeping myself, etc, made payment arrangements, etc. Bottom line, I really liked Dr. Robine but can't be treated like crap by her staff anymore. She really needs to replace or talk to her staff about their behavior and work ethics.

September 30th, 2012
I have been going to Dr. Robine since 1993, and I can't imagine going to anybody else. She has always taken plenty of time with me, and always makes me feel at ease. I have recommended her to several family members and friends, and they all seem to really like her too. I have found her nurses to be fantastic about returning my calls, and they have been very knowledgeable when I had a question. I had been asked to allow up to 72 hours for prescription refills, which is fine with me, as I always allow them the time they need. No complaints here....

August 24th, 2012
Good doctor, terrible staff
Dr Robine is very good, easy to talk to and seems to care and listen. Her staff, however, are terrible. They are rude on the phone, always send you straight to voicemail and never return calls, and sit up front comparing pictures on their phones and talking loudly about personal issues. We really like Dr. Robine but are fed up with her unprofessional staff and ridiculous wait times.

April 6th, 2012
I like Dr. Robine.
She is very down to earth and easy to talk to. She tends to be straightforward with me, which I appreciate. In my experience with her, she is knowledgable and not one to dish out pills unless they are necessary.

February 3rd, 2012
Awesome Doc!
I've been seeing Dr. Robine for several years, and have always truly appreciated the time she takes with me to ensure that I'm comfortable with my situation, diagnosis and gameplan. I have had one or two times that I struggled with the phone messages or a staff member, but I got those problems solved. She, as a doctor, completely rocks! And I see a plethera of doctors for multiple problems, so I have a lot to compare her to.