Dr. Virginia Simmons Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Virginia Simmons?

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Virginia Simmons?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 14th, 2016

Doctor Simmons Should Train Other Doctors

My wife and I spent 1.5 years trying to get pregnant. Between the 2 of us, we have 5 degrees and speak 3 languages. A lot of the time, we were met with doctors who seemed to keep their patients at arms length. Dr. Simmons was a breath of fresh air. She engaged us on a human level, as if we were peers. She made the information easy to understand, was funny, friendly, and open. I get it. Doctors think that they need to keep people at a distance or the patients won't respect their authority. Dr. Simmons knows that the fastest way into a patient's heart is to CHILL OUT. She should be giving training classes on doctor-patient communication. This is, of course, all my opinion and I am not a doctor. However, my wife and I do give our 10-star rating, 100% endorsement of Dr. Simmons and her bedside manner. Word of advice to other docs: Learn something from Dr. Simmons. Source: 2 year veteran of the fertility community in the Boston area. 4 attempts. FINALLY pregnant.

December 5th, 2013

Excellent doctor

My sister referred me to Dr. Simmons about 4 years ago as a GYN. Dr. Simmons has always been very professional, knowledgable, and a good listener. I have seen her at times between my annual exams for problems that have come up. I find her easy to talk to, and unlike other doctors I have seen in the past, I have never been embarrassed to ask her questions--any and all questions! She takes her time and is very thoughtful in her responses. She is good at explaining her answers in "layman's terms" (I mean that in a very good way--and she does it in a very respectful way). I highly recommend her.

April 2nd, 2013

Excellent

I am shocked at the other reviews here. I've always felt that Doctor Simmons had great bedside manner and that she is very in touch with my needs and body. My main complaint is that she is always running quite late, but I like her so much that I would still choose her over any other.

January 28th, 2013

This woman put my daughter through a horrible experience during her delivery, first stating that she didn't want to be there because she wasn't her regular doctor. Excuse me? You belong to the practice? She then proceeded to preside over one medical complication after another that resulted in a csection withouit anesthesia. I can't believe she is allowed to practice. The other doctors in the group seem fine. My daughter still can't talk about the experience.

January 18th, 2012

i agree she is extremely rude, especially if you have a question regarding the treatment she chooses... instead of explaining why.. her answer is always "I'm the doctor, i know" makes you feel really uncomfortable.. i went to her a number of times trying to get to the bottom of pain and she couldn't figure out what was causing it.. instead of referring me elsewhere she decided to threaten me with extreme measures such as "surgery" but that she "highly recommends you dont do it" (in other words shut up theres nothing wrong with you) Ive been to other doctors since and i am extremely shocked at how pleasant and understanding they are and helpful. and who knew? they actually take the time to explain whats wrong with you. I DONT RECOMMEND HER AT ALL. also to add when I found out i was pregnant her nurse didn't even congratulate me.. instead she said "honey I'm sorry its positive, we refer to women's services" & when i said no I dont want that, I'd like to make an appt she told i couldn't have one until i was 6 weeks and when I said OK can i make that appt? she told me "no" that i would have to wait. HOW UNCOMFORTABLE AND UNSETTLING AND RUDE. 0 STARS!

September 2nd, 2011

Horroble experience

This doctor is a major discredit to the Wellesley Women's Group. I normally see another doctor in this practice who is excellent. Dr Simmons did not know anything about my condition or needs when whe attended to me in the absence of my normal doctor. She really was clueless about whether I was delivering vaginally or by C-section. She tried to talk me into a vaginal delivery without even asking about my medical history!!! After my C-section (done by someone else), she visited me in the hospital (her day to represent the practice), pushed firmly on my scar...not knowing I just had a C-section... I nearly went through the roof with pain. Only then she asked if I had a C-section...and apologized for pushing on my scar. Does she never look at the patient's chart before sticking her nose in their care? What a terrible doctor. I would not recommend her to care for anything.

March 8th, 2010

My only complaint is that there is always a wait - at least 30 minutes - to see Dr Simmons. She is a caring and knowledgeable doctor.

April 19th, 2017