Family Practitioner, Emergency Physician, Allergist & Immunologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A doctor that is very knowledgable  |  show details
by Bri naff on Jul 17th, 2014

Dr. Gupta has not only diagnosed my problem but has treated me with nothing but respect.. I'm proud to call him my family physician .. The wait time in line can be comber some but when you are treating patients and not just writing drugs like these other dr that your in and out in 10 that should tell you that he obviously is making sure that he has you comfortable enough to just make it through life and not suffering ... I have been to 3 dr and although the wait may be alittle longer he is the only one that doesn't over medicate and treats you with the respect as long as your not there for the wrong reasons ..

|  He Gets It  |  show details
by Annie & Harry Thomassen on Nov 13th, 2013

Aside from being a knowledgeable physician he has a wonderful bedside manor and REALLY cares and listens to his patients. We run an alternative to a nursing home. When one of our precious residents was passing Dr. Gupta arrived after 11:00 p.m. to check on him. He had worked a full day but still made the effort to visit Dan just before he passed.

|  worse doctor ever  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

Dr Gupta is the worse doctor in Florida. He is very rude, his staff is very rude. I have been there like 2 times and I will never go back, I had to wait 4 hours for Doctor Gupta to see me. He wanted to give me all kid off pain pills there is and I refused. DONT GO THERE!

|  way too many patients  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

I have waited from 10am in the morning until 10pm @ night to see him.. He has left with a full waiting room to go get his car fixed.. he is a good diagnostic doctor but needs to quit yelling susan susan

|  pretty good at what he does, but...  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

Actually Gupta is a pretty good diagnostition. He really is good at most of what he does, but he and the entire staff are just so loud and unprofessional. I mean really, really rude (except for Diane, the receptionist-she is a sweetie). He is sooo hyper all the time and yells at his staff... and they yell at him. And the worst part is waiting up to 3-4 hours in his waiting room. No joke!! WTF??? I simply had to switch doctor's. It was driving me nuts to waste an entire day just to have a 10 minute visit with my doc. Absolutely insane! He needs to start from scratch and lose all his employee's (especially Susan and the koolaide-red headed African American nurse). He COULD have some real potential, but it may be too late for the guy.

Jun 14th, 2011

Diagnosis spot on. Easy to communicate with, very knowledgeable. Prescribes appropriately. Staff and scheduling are personable, professional.

|  HE IS A LEGAL DRUG DEALER  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

I would like to know how many young mens deaths he is responsible for,,,,I can tell you there are many overdoses ,,,,per GUPTA!!!!!!

|  About Dr. Gupta  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2011

I feel so badly because he is a wonderful Dr. My husband and I love him however we are not excited about going to his clinic. The office staff are very rude, very unprofessional. There is one good nurse, downstairs. The young girl in the office is the daughter of one nurse I am told. She is young and extremely rude. There is no privacy there. The doors are kept open during an office visit. All the patients can hear anyones problems, complaints...even out in the waiting room. The doors should be closed during a private visit with a Dr. especially for shy, reclusive ppl.Dr. Gupta could do so much better with a more refined group of staff working in this clinic. He deserves better.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2010

I'm surprised he still has his license he's been in trouble so many times. The only thing Dr. Gupta is an expert in is trying to make a fast buck at his patients expense. Don't be lured into his weight loss center, cancer center, the list could go on and on. He is NOT board certified in any of those fields. I've seen his face in the newspaper too many times and it always has to do with a violation or in trouble with law enforcement.

|  G Good Doctor  |  show details
by T on Sep 15th, 2010

I;ve been seeing Dr. Gupta fot 11 years and though the wait may be kong it's worth it. He makes it a point to know everything there id to know about his patients and asks questuions. You;d get the same gambit of responces if you were talking about a plumber, a roofer, an insurance adjuster etc. See for youralf

|  impressed a bit  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2010

I've been seeing this doctor for about 6 years and although the wait time is VERY long and the staff is loud and often unprofessional, I do like the man. He is kind and compassionate.. and usually solves my medical issue. I was in recently and there was a gentleman that was wheelchair bound and it was VERY hot outdoors. His nurse asked if he would give the man a ride back to the Salvation Army Shelter due to the heat and his situation... and Gupta very willingly agreed to put his wheelchair in the back of his car and give the guy a ride downtown after he finished up for the day. I was very touched by this, as most doctor's would NEVER even think of doing such a thing. I've always liked this Dr., but now I really like him! You never know about people...do ya. That's a decent guy!!! Who knew!

|  The extra mile  |  show details
by Matthew Headley on Aug 7th, 2010

Dr. Gupta has helped me so much. I was able(under Dr.Gupta's superior encouragement)to get surgery on my knee. That enabled me to go back to work and improved my quality of life. The staff he employe's is first class professionals,they too are a big part of the success at Bee Ridge family practice.

|  Dr.Gupta,and his staff,are like my family.I am disabled and Dr.Gupta makes my life, and my families life better. GOD Bless him!  |  show details
by Jesse Witman on Jun 7th, 2010

Dr.Gupta,and his staff are like my family.I am disabled and I have so many problems. Dr.Gupta does everything he can to help me,and my family.He is very special,and my life is better because of him. Dr.Gupta's staff, and Dr.Gupta, I really Love them! GOD Bless you all! See You soon! Jesse...

Jun 1st, 2010

HE IS POTENTAL KILLER

Mar 23rd, 2010

Dr. Gupta put me on Suboxone to help me get off of drugs. I've struggled with addition for more than 20 years and thought I was beyond help. Dr. Gupta believed in me and although it took a couple of days to "clean up" my act, my life is sooooo much better now!

|  Pusher  |  show details
by James on Nov 18th, 2009

He mis-diagnosed my friend with high blood pressure and prescribed Atenolol to help him cope with his addiction to anti-depressants. He charged extra for the visit and did no lab work. My friend is in rehab and convinced me to buy his medication for him. For some reason, he did not want me to give it to the Salvation Army counselors, in fear that they would confiscate it. They would because he does not have high blood pressure. No prescribed diet and no regular visits to a nurse or health care facility to check his his high blood pressure. All he got was a bill and his fix. I know all of the facts and they can not be disputed.