Dr. James Makker MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Portland, OR

September 30th, 2015
Where is Dr makker now in 2015
I miss dr makker. Of the neuros I've seen, the major reconstructive surgeries I've had, dr makker was by far the best in every possible way! I was crushed when I heard about what happened. I think many people jumped on a bandwagon unfairly accusing him. I'm not saying some were t injured though. For what it's worth he was nothing but good to me & every time I saw him he was so nice to all his patients. Very rare to find a beautiful w/good bedside manner, that treats you like a person & not a faceless number. I sure wish he was still in practice!

August 1st, 2015
I had 30% of # 3,4,5 lower lumbar removed on left side. It's been over 10 years since surgery and I have an occupation as a timber faller still going...

March 7th, 2014
Permanently crippled and depressed former patient,has lost will to live ,
i Recall a month or so after surgery bring my wife to your office and you reaffirmed our insurance had expired the day after surgery .Made sure you got yours though ! Dropped her like a hot tater and informed us "Good luck finding a" Neuro ala Disgust" On Medicare !!Ta Da.. theres the door !

March 16th, 2012
To who ever whats to us makker
To anyone thinking of using him I would recommend to check with the Oregon Medical Board and the class action lawsuits. My life has been changed forever with over 7 procedures, where after every procdure I came out having more complications and more problems. Then eventually after viewing an MRI, after being a client of Dr. Makker's for over 7 years, I was referred to another specialist,, who informed me that some those procedures were unnecessary . As a result of his last procedure he has caused permanent damage to 2 other parts of my body, caused by nerve damage from his procedure. This is causing serious life changing conditions, emotionally, physically and financially for the rest of my life. He has moved to a new location claiming, for his clients convenience, this is not correct, his privileges to do surgical procedures were revoked by Providence Hospital. In my opinion this says enough.

March 4th, 2012
Best Neurosurgeon and Doctor I have ever had! Don't believe the lies in the WSJ!!!
I had 8 terrible experiences with 2 other Neurosurgeons in Portland who treated me like dirt until I met Dr. Makker. I had a very difficult spinal disorder and had had 8 surgeries by 2 other Neurosurgeons in Portland, Oregon (5 by Dr. B. and 3 by Dr. K.) before I met Dr. Makker. Dr. Vishal James Makker fixed me with 1 surgery and it has been 3 years and now I can walk again and feel my arms and legs and am pain free. He is the best. He truly gave me back my life when I had lost all hope and wanted to die. This disgusting WSJ bad press is obviously falsely misrepresented, full of lies, unjustly sensationalized, baseless, and appears to be instigated by jealous competitors who simply are not as good as he is and therefore are threatened by him. I am shocked that the WSJ would have such little integrity to Libel a wonderful, loving, and talented Neurosurgeon. I used to believe what I read in the papers, especially National papers like the WSJ. Not anymore! The public needs Dr. Makker. I would not let anyone else touch me!

March 2nd, 2012
The Best Neurosurgeon Ever!!!--The WSJ lies!!! Don't trust the press!
I had terrible experiences with several Neurosurgeons until I met Dr. Makker. I had a very difficult spinal disorder and had had 8 surgeries by 2 other Neurosurgeons in Portland, Oregon (5 by Dr. B. and 3 by Dr. K.) before I met Dr. Makker. He fixed me with 1 surgery and it has been 3 years and now I can walk again and feel mu arms and legs and am pain free. He is the best. He truly gave me back my life when I had lost all hope and wanted to die. This disgusting WSJ bad press is obviously falsly misrepresented, full of lies, unjustly sensationalized, baseless, and appears to be instigated by jealous competitors who simply are not as good as he is and therefore are threatened by him. I would not let anyone else touch me!

January 11th, 2012
Dr. James Makker-Excellent Neurosurgeon
Dr. Makker took care of my wife's & my severe back pain surgically. We were NEVER pressured to have surgery, but felt we could make the right decision after he reviewed MRIs and explained the issues. The staff is superb, efficient, caring & warm. We recommend Dr. Makker to anyone who needs back pain advice and/or surgery.

December 22nd, 2011
Lifesaver
He was the only doctor who would see me and he saved my life. I was on multiple pain pills and was losing the use of my arm. He gave me my life back to where I can be free of pain pills and can be a productive part of my family again. I will never be pain free, but I can at least live my life again!

December 20th, 2011
very good one on one,allways has time to hear you,clean and sharp.

November 4th, 2011
Fantastic Doctor
I have had 3 neuro surgeons and Doctor Makker by far has been the best. He has always had the best bedside manner he has never pushed me to have operations and he has always been honest with me with what to expect as far as what the operation will do for me. And he is a doctor that will actually take the time to sit down with you and talk to you and you can tell that he really does care what's best for you. All my other surgeons pushed surgery surgery surgery but Doctor Makker actually tried to avoid them if at all possible, he even recommended epidural steroid injections from another doctor as an alternative to see if that could save me from having another surgery. I would recommend Doctor Makker to my best friends and family members because he is the only doctor that actually cares about my health more than just making money off of operations.

October 18th, 2011
House wife, mom, & NANA-Very importanr job
I just wanted to make a quick comment about our Dr. He is thee most wonderful Dr. & just a down to earth human being. I have been a patient of his for several years. As is my husband now. He has helped us SO,SO much! He has NEVER forced us to do a proceedure. We had the final say. I like this in him. Some Dr's have made us feel like we HAD to do things. My husband was a sheetmetal worker for 35 yrs. That's tuff work, & it did a number to his back!! After the surgery, Ron had, he felt SO MUCH BETTER! We still have to have a few more surgeries, & WE ONLY WANT DR. MAKKER. He's SO AWESOME, he knows our history. We just don't want to start ALL over with someone else.I have never written a review for anyone before. We feel Very strong about this.He trully HAS A GIFT, I'm 56 yrs old, & this is THEE 1st time in my life that I have felt so comfortable with a DR. He sits & really listens. Thank You for your time. We ALL NEED MORE DR'S LIKE DR. MAKKER!

October 13th, 2011
Dr. Makker is a wonderful doctor, I have seen many doctors and lets say they have treated me not so nice.Dr.makkers office made me feel comfortable. He's a great surgeon, has a wonderful bedside manner, he's compassionate. He answers all your questions. Dr. Makker believes in his patients and fights for us.Remember there's two sides to every story. He's thorough with his patients.he explains everything to you, and makes sure that you understand what he's talking about.Dr. Makker did surgery on myself and it really helped. I don't trust many doctors, but i trust him 100% he's never given me any reason to not trust him.I would refer him the everyone i know.