A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vishwajit Nimgaonkar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nimgaonkar
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nimgaonkar Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vishwajit Nimgaonkar, MD, PHD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug-Induced Dyskinesia
- Mental Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nimgaonkar graduated from Christian Medical College, Vellore. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Nimgaonkar has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Passavant
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Vishwajit Laxmikant Nimgaonkar MD and PHD is a male Psychiatrist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Vishwajit L. Nimgaonkar practice?
- Dr. Vishwajit Nimgaonkar has 1 office location.
Dr. Vishwajit Nimgaonkar practices Psychiatry near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Psychiatrists.