A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vishwajit Nimgaonkar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nimgaonkar
ADHD Patient Education Read our ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Nimgaonkar Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vishwajit Nimgaonkar, MD, PHD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug-Induced Dyskinesia
- Mental Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nimgaonkar graduated from Christian Medical College, Vellore. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Nimgaonkar has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Passavant
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Vishwajit Laxmikant Nimgaonkar MD and PHD is a male Psychiatrist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Vishwajit L. Nimgaonkar practice?
- Dr. Vishwajit Nimgaonkar has 1 office location.
Dr. Vishwajit Nimgaonkar practices Psychiatry near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Psychiatrists.