Dr. Vitaliy Shaulov MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Laguna Hills, CA

• Good
  • Bad

July 14th, 2016
I am very pleased with the care Dr Shaulov has given me!! I have referred many people to him

May 1st, 2016
We were very dissatisfied with Dr. Shaulov and his coworker, I took my 16 year old son to see both of them, at 2 different office visits. My son needed his meds refilled, and they barely spoke to him. Each of them, on separate visits, asked me a few general questions, asked my son 1 question, wrote me a prescription and told me to come back in a month for a refill. They could also not answer a question about a supplemental medication i was interested in. It was a waste of our time.

June 11th, 2014
Wonderful psychiatrist
Dr. Shaulov was the first to diagnose me with Bipolar II, and I had been treated for depression and poorly responded for more than 10 years. I am so much more stable now on the bipolar medication he prescribed. He tested me for hormone, vitamin levels, etc. which I much appreciated. I was extremely low in testosterone and progesterone and he prescribed bioidentical creams which have been very helpful. I was also low in B12 and started B12 injections. He looks at the whole picture not just psych meds. My daughter sees him also and he has been SO helpful with her, especially given the fact that her job takes her out in the wilderness up to 3 mos. at a time, with no access to MD, he will assist over phone if needed. He really listens and has adjusted my meds as needed due to increased depression or fatigue, etc. My good friend sees him also and he has helped her. I think the fact he has his degrees on the wall is very reassuring. He recently had my urine tested for neurotransmitters which I am not convinced of, but he has done so well for me in other areas I decided to give it a try. He really cares about his patients.

May 2nd, 2012
Worst Dr. Ever
First of all I walk in his office and he has about 10 diploma's on his wall (obvioulsly showing off his credentials). Then he preceeded to tell me on the second visit that he knew why I was there (to get medication). My son was in an instatution for 2 weeks in 2008, I had a MAJOR panic attack one month ago I have anxiety every day, and he "has me figured out in one session". This is by far the ABSOLUTE worst professionalism I've ever seen in the medical field. He really needs to put his diploma's away and stop showing off and listen to what the patient is really saying. He seemed to have his mind made up in one session, and I bet if you ask any psychiatrist it takes time to figure the problem out. I would stay as far away from this doctor as possible.

December 20th, 2011
Court-appointed Conservator for patient
Dr. Shaulov seems to be behind the times in keeping up with evidence-based treatments for schizophrenia. I would not recommend this clinician as one who is current in hhis knowledge. It is difficult to know what he was taught at his school in Russia. He has no knowledge of the use of ECT therapy with schizophrenic patients. What else does he not know?

December 20th, 2010
Dr. Shaulov really listens to you. I have been to many psychiatrists who don't listen and hand you a prescription and get you out - he seems to really care and want to fix your problems. I have been so happy with Dr. Shaulov and would recommend him to everyone.

October 4th, 2010
Great Doctor!
(The number listed is wrong, their office number is: 949-309-7903).I've been to other psychiatrists and he definitely stands out above the rest! I would recommend him 100%.

June 29th, 2017