Dr. Vittal Chapa MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 3 reviews

August 7th, 2012
MUCH Improvement Needed
I arrived 5 minutes early for my appointment and stood at the empty reception desk at least 3 full minutes before either receptionist acknowledged me to tell me to wait while one continued typing and the other made small talk with the first. I got a drink of water and returned and continued to wait at the empty desk. Self-consciously and slightly humiliated, I sat in a nearby seat in the waiting room before they eventually signed me in. During my 40 minute wait, I noticed that NO other patient was treated in this manner--this in included both genders and patients both younger and older than me. Patients who arrived after me with later appointments were seen before me. Eventually, I was the only person left in the waiting room. After more than 50 minutes, the doctor's nurse finally retrieved me and took my vitals. I waited several more minutes in the exam room before I was treated by this physician. The doctor was distant, phlegmatic, and barely looked up from the chart or computer. It was very impersonal, cold, and I was barely able to express any of my concerns or ask any questions. This was NOT a good experience. I just left his office so my feelings are VERY fresh and raw.

February 22nd, 2012
Review of Social Security referral Doctor
The receptionists were the most discourteous I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. When I called to confirm my disability appt, the woman who answered the phone interrupted me everytime SHE asked me a question to ask another... When I went to the appt, BOTH women behind the desk were equally rude. I asked a question but before I cld finish, one of them had already interrupted me with the answer! And then was noticeably annoyed when I asked her to please repeat herself because I couldn't here what she was saying because she talked over/interrupted me. The nurse was amazingly sweet, bless her, and doctor was also courteous and respectful. He was a bit short when the appt began which I understand given his job of writing a medical report for social security disability. However, as we talked and went thru the exam, he was very courteous and was at all times respectful. Thank you Dr. Chapa very much, your nurse also was very polite :) I'm very sorry to give your receptionists a bad rating, but being ill is difficult on it's own and being treated shabbily only makes a sick person feel worse. I'm very sorry for those women, apparently they are unhappy people.... That still does not make an excuse for blatant rudeness.

April 10th, 2011
it is my opinion that this doctor couldn't care less if he tried. He doesn't listen (or mabey doesn't understand). He does not make eye contact, he can't even get height and weight right... and although the appointments don't take long at all, nothing can be accomplished in the short amount of time you can get him to focus on why you came to his ofice in the first place. Mabey he was just having a bad day, but I wouldn't suggest this doctor to anyone.