Dr. Vittal Chapa Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vittal Chapa?

March 28th, 2017

Would not reccommend

Was set up on this appointment by the Social Security office. I was called to the office by a female "I do not know her status of nurse or nurse aid", I acknowledged her with "how are you today" was ignored (maybe she didn't hear me). Was weighed, height measured and given some kind of eyetest while standing in the hall on the way to exam room, was told where to sit in the exam room asked some medical questions and medications I was on, she gave me paperwork explaining why this appointment wont be like a regular Dr appointment. While waiting for Dr. Chapa, under 10 min., I notice the exam room wasn't very clean, had small clumps of dried mud on floor. I thought to myself just ignore it. Dr Chapa entered the room asked my name and birthday, in short asked about what problem I had that prevented me from working and did a 5 min exam on me, I did not notice him wash or sanitize his hands prior to my exam or after my exam before he left the room. I put on my socks and shoes sat for several minutes and no one ever came to tell me I was done or take me to the waiting room. I fianally got up and left. Hope they were done with me..

March 4th, 2017

Good Doctor

I saw Dr. Chapa only once for a disability check up. He was very compassionate and caring about my health and well-being. He spent more time with me discussing and checking on my condition than I normally spend in two or three visits with my regular doctor. He even helped me put my shoes and socks back on and tying my shoes.

March 4th, 2017

Good Doctor

He was very compassionate and concerned with well being.

August 7th, 2012

MUCH Improvement Needed

I arrived 5 minutes early for my appointment and stood at the empty reception desk at least 3 full minutes before either receptionist acknowledged me to tell me to wait while one continued typing and the other made small talk with the first. I got a drink of water and returned and continued to wait at the empty desk. Self-consciously and slightly humiliated, I sat in a nearby seat in the waiting room before they eventually signed me in. During my 40 minute wait, I noticed that NO other patient was treated in this manner--this in included both genders and patients both younger and older than me. Patients who arrived after me with later appointments were seen before me. Eventually, I was the only person left in the waiting room. After more than 50 minutes, the doctor's nurse finally retrieved me and took my vitals. I waited several more minutes in the exam room before I was treated by this physician. The doctor was distant, phlegmatic, and barely looked up from the chart or computer. It was very impersonal, cold, and I was barely able to express any of my concerns or ask any questions. This was NOT a good experience. I just left his office so my feelings are VERY fresh and raw.

February 22nd, 2012

Review of Social Security referral Doctor

The receptionists were the most discourteous I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. When I called to confirm my disability appt, the woman who answered the phone interrupted me everytime SHE asked me a question to ask another... When I went to the appt, BOTH women behind the desk were equally rude. I asked a question but before I cld finish, one of them had already interrupted me with the answer! And then was noticeably annoyed when I asked her to please repeat herself because I couldn't here what she was saying because she talked over/interrupted me. The nurse was amazingly sweet, bless her, and doctor was also courteous and respectful. He was a bit short when the appt began which I understand given his job of writing a medical report for social security disability. However, as we talked and went thru the exam, he was very courteous and was at all times respectful. Thank you Dr. Chapa very much, your nurse also was very polite :) I'm very sorry to give your receptionists a bad rating, but being ill is difficult on it's own and being treated shabbily only makes a sick person feel worse. I'm very sorry for those women, apparently they are unhappy people.... That still does not make an excuse for blatant rudeness.

Doctor's Response

We duly apologize for the receptionists' behavior at this clinic location. It is not our intention for anyone to be treated rudely. This will be brought up to their employers. When we answer the phones for confirmation calls we have to ask certain questions in order to complete the calls in a timely manner. This may seem rude to others but we are trying to prevent being on the phone for too long as we have other calls waiting. Thank you for the compliments regarding Dr. Chapa and his staff. We always strive to be the most pleasant we can be for we know and understand how difficult being ill is for anyone.

SHOW

April 10th, 2011

it is my opinion that this doctor couldn't care less if he tried. He doesn't listen (or mabey doesn't understand). He does not make eye contact, he can't even get height and weight right... and although the appointments don't take long at all, nothing can be accomplished in the short amount of time you can get him to focus on why you came to his ofice in the first place. Mabey he was just having a bad day, but I wouldn't suggest this doctor to anyone.

Doctor's Response

:( Dr. Chapa does care about each person he sees for regular patients and also for the clinics he does for the state. He does listen to what you have to say and he has been speaking English long enough that most everyone (unless you are very hard of hearing) can understand him and he can very well understand each person he sees. He does make eye contact and it is his staff that does the height and weight. Mistakes can be made from time to time and that is why we will call each person and make sure we have the right information on file or in our reports when mistakes are discovered. The length of each appointment varies per person according to how much is going on with their health. The more problems the more time it takes to see them; the less problems the less time it takes to see them. Average appointment times range from 1/2 hour to 45mins per person.

SHOW