Dr. Vittorio Morreale MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 30th, 2016
Would not send my dog to him !!!!!
Being in Health care for 40 some years, this man was horrid...Never wore a lab coat and then said he could the epidural injection in my neck, still no lab coat, had me lean over the exam table, I asked if it would hurt and he said wont hurt me but it might hurt you !!!!! Also being a biller when I saw the level he billed for , I was shocked...The longest time with me was 5-10 min.....His NP did everything and he did not even get the injection where is should have gone ! Horrible Dr....

August 13th, 2016
skilled knowlegde doctor
awesome doctor , great knowledge and skill .. I trust him so much I traveled from Washington DC back to Detroit for another neck=spine surgery... why would I trust anyone else.

July 7th, 2016
Just an average female in need of a Drs help
I had a lumbar fusion with Dr V Morreale what should have been 4 max days spent in hospital ended up being 28 days!! What should have been possibly 2 surgeries ended up being 4!!! Lost total feeling in my right leg & foot due to a screw from the lumbar fusion touching a nerve in my spine!! Took me 18 mos recovery, requiring addition corrective surgeries. To error is human, indeed Dr V Morreale is human tho due to him being human I got the short end of the stick! Before surgery he came highly recommended!! I was totally impressed he will admit his bedside manner is to be desired tho I now have a different opinion of this Dr I put total trust & faith in...I have lost total faith in his ability to handle a lumbar fusion!! By my experience with him solely!! He is a good man, I just question his ability to perform my surgery without leaving me a broken person!!!

February 21st, 2015
Did my brain surgery while I was feeling the whole thing, and was screaming the whole time.

February 20th, 2015
All around awesome doctor & person! Very understanding, and caring!!

November 22nd, 2014
Very pleased
I needed a triple cervical fusion and was rapidly deteriorating, losing the ability to use my arms, and I had terrible chronic neck pain. I contacted the office for a second opinion; did not have confidence in orthopedist we first visited. Was able to schedule initial consultation date within two weeks, not months away. The doctor was professional, friendly, and surprising willing to answer my husband's many questions. Explained the MRI and CT pics and procedure in great detail. Dr. Morreale is also a consultant and co-developer of new techniques and hardware used in surgery. My husband and I felt quite comfortable and confident with him and made the decision on the spot to have him to perform the surgery. The procedure was performed without incident or subsequent complications. It was a complete success. I'm delighted. I highly recommend Dr. Morreale. Opinion- if you need spinal surgery, please see a neurologist.

January 27th, 2014
Excellent Doctor!
I went to two doctors and found this Dr. Morreale to be caring, compassionate and spent a lot of time explaining everything I needed to know. Staff was very kind and helpful! If you go to him first you won't need a second opinion.

April 1st, 2013
Dr. Morreale came highly recommended by my pcp and a good friend and others. I was not disappointed. Dr. Morreale is a very skilled and experienced surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

February 16th, 2011
Dr. Morreale is the best neurosurgeon I have ever come across. He is the doctor that physicians want for themself or family. His accuracy in diagnosing is outstanding. I have sent my most difficult cases to him and he has provided excellent outcomes. He knows his limitations, and isn't afraid to let to let you know. I wouldn't let any other physician operate on my back!

May 2nd, 2010
He was like God sent for me. He performed a cervical neck fusion, and i had instant pain relief.

July 7th, 2009
He literally saved my mother's life
My mother had a failed back surgery by a different doctor. She was receiving no helpful care and wished to die. She was bedridden due to pain. Dr. Morreale accurately diagnosed the issues and performed a complex surgery. Now, 3 1/2 years later, my mother is pain-free and mobile. She has traveled to see her grandchildren graduate from school, and recently, she sat on a blanket on the ground to watch fireworks with her grandchildren. (And she is over 80 years old now!) This would have been impossible without Dr. Morreale. We remain grateful every day that we, by chance, met him in a moment of medical crisis.

June 17th, 2009
good doc
dont expect much from a very surly office manager, but dr. morreale is very competent.