Dr. Vivanti Jain MD Patient Reviews

• 3 reviews

March 22nd, 2012
An amazing care giver!
Dr Jain. was the right choose for my double mastectomy. The surgery, recovery and reconstruction was so well handled that I would recommend him to any woman. Gloria, his assistant is also a jewel!

August 8th, 2009
Outstanding surgeon, Saved my nose from cancer scarring!
I had a basal cell carcinoma located rather awkwardly on the end of my nose. Dr. Jain operated and continued to consult with frozen sections from the pathologist until all was removed. He repaired the larger than originally expected defect with a skillful surgical flap that prevented the 'postage stamp' look of a skin graft in this crucial "in your face" area. A dent-like scar on the bridge of my nose was easily repaired after complete healing in a minor surgery performed later. Ten years afterward, I had a squamous cell carcinoma (worse prognosis) in a similar area. He was able to remove it and repair the defect without a major forehead flap surgery, to my great relief. I am cured of the cancer and I still look like myself! Many friends have commented on the very aesthetic result, which I greatly appreciate too - even though (unlike many other women, perhaps) it wasn't my primary concern at the outset. Dr. Jain and his staff are caring and helpful without being overly solicitous. Initial visits were a positive experience, even under the stressful circumstances of a cancer diagnosis. He spent as much time with me, and my husband as an observer, as I needed -- to feel comfortable with details of the procedure and fully informed about expected results. I felt I could trust him, which is very important in any doctor-patient relationship, but maybe even more so when contemplating plastic surgery. He showed me pictures of results from his other patients who had agreed to have their pictures on file for that purpose, and discussed clearly both positives and possible negatives, and how they would be addressed. Also, in addition to making my appointment times as mutually convenient as possible, his staff were very helpful in preparing statements and forms for me to submit for partial insurance reimbursement, even though Dr. Jain is considered an 'out of network provider' by my health insurance company. His surgical skill and empathic manner are well worth the private-patient fees, as far as I am concerned! I have recommended, and will continue to recommend him to my friends and family, for both reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery.

October 25th, 2008
removed a squamous cell from my forehead/ BADLY
I am left with a misshapen forehead due to his inept work. As i am an actor, this has the added problem of negatively affecting my livelihood as well as my appearance. I will probably be forced to seek to have additional work done to correct his botched surgery, if that is possible. NOT BY HIM, however.