Aug 6th, 2016

I went into his office scared, nervous and not sure what was going on. Sitting in the waiting room I overheard 2 of his patience (not talking to each other) talking about how compassionate he is and that he had visited them every day after their surgeries and if not him then his assistant. When I finally got to meet him I totally understood, he is a kind and gentle souled man who clearly knows his job and understands that when people come to him they need to feel they are in good hands. I have not had my surgery yet but I have complete confidence in Dr. Deshmukh and his team.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive review about our staff. Take care!

Jun 23rd, 2016

1st visit for my mom and we were very impressed with his bedside manner and the time her took to answer questions. He has a very gentle manner.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive review. We're glad you had a great experience. Best wishes!

Jun 6th, 2015

I see a lot of doctors and specialists for my brain cancer. Dr. Deshmukh is the best there is. He's a great doctor and a kind man.

Review of Dr. Vivek Deshmukh show details Review of Dr. Vivek Deshmukh
by Oregon resident on Apr 25th, 2013

Since moving to the Pacific Northwest, Dr. Vivek Deshmukh has and will remain for decades the region's best neuro brain surgeon. There is simply no one more skilled or with better judgment. When I woke up in ICU following an aneurysm clipping, though groggy from the anesthesia, I litterally felt fine and was fully intact.

I named my first born son after Dr. Deshmukh show details I named my first born son after Dr. Deshmukh
Jul 6th, 2011

He's more than a doctor: he's a person, and an excellent one. He's the kind of person one would be honored to meet.

Patient show details Patient
by Nancy A. Ray on Dec 28th, 2010

I would rate Dr. Deshmukh as one of the most thorough surgeons in this universe. However, I just found out that he has left George Washington University Hospital which is really a loss to that facility, and I do intend to contact him because I feel very secure w/him as my doctor.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Oct 20th, 2010

Dr. Deshmuck is my hero. After arriving at his hospital with a ruptured aneurysm he proceeded to perform a coiling procedure that saved my life. I have been so impressed with his manner from start to finish. I would reccommend him to anyone in need of an amazing Doctor.

Stroke and angiogram show details Stroke and angiogram
Jun 16th, 2010

My husband recently suffered a basilar artery clot that was dissolved with TPA but broke off and went into his occipter (sp?) lobe. Dr. Deschmuck went in to try and get the clot out with a special tool but was unable due to location and how deep into the smaller arteries/vessels it was. He was able to apply localized TPA and it eventually cleared. He was in NCICU for 15 days and Dr. Deschmuck was there everyday to give me an update and educate me and answer all questions thoroughly. The one day that I missed him, he made the effort and called me on my cell phone to update me. Very caring, knowledgeable, conscientious guy. My husband, who is also a doctor, was even impressed.

Jul 27th, 2009

In Dec. 2007 I was at work one day and got an extreme headache all of a sudden. I tried to muddle through and continue on with work...being that it was really early in the morning, there was not a full staff here. After a few minutes I thought something is not right. I went to one of the only co-workers that I had seen that morning and asked for help. She asked me if she should call 911 and I said yes. Long story short, I had a brain aneurysm rupture in my head and Dr. Deshmukh saved my life. I would (and have) highly recommend him for any brain related issues. He's a very gentle doctor and he listens to you.