Surgeons
9155 SW Barnes Rd
Ste 440
Portland, OR 97225
503-297-3766
Locations and availability (2)

|  Review of Dr. Vivek Deshmukh  |  show details
by Oregon resident on Apr 25th, 2013

Since moving to the Pacific Northwest, Dr. Vivek Deshmukh has and will remain for decades the region's best neuro brain surgeon. There is simply no one more skilled or with better judgment. When I woke up in ICU following an aneurysm clipping, though groggy from the anesthesia, I litterally felt fine and was fully intact.

|  I named my first born son after Dr. Deshmukh  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

He's more than a doctor: he's a person, and an excellent one. He's the kind of person one would be honored to meet.

|  Sydney Brett Anderson RN, C.N.O.R.  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

First, may I comment that Dr. D. is currently in practice at St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Center in Portland, OR., and we are so fortunate to have him out here! I can not say enough about him as a human being with feelings, having worked with many neurosurgeons in my career, he is exceptional in every aspect. This next Wed, June 22nd he will be clipping a basilar tip aneurysm in my husband's head and I have no doubt that Mark has the best surgeon available to be going into the depths of his brain. We feel blessed to have the luck to know this special individual!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Nancy A. Ray on Dec 28th, 2010

I would rate Dr. Deshmukh as one of the most thorough surgeons in this universe. However, I just found out that he has left George Washington University Hospital which is really a loss to that facility, and I do intend to contact him because I feel very secure w/him as my doctor.

|  Cavernous Malformation--right lobe  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2010

On a normal day in my life (April 4, 2007), I suddenly passed out while driving--no ache (but days before even weeks, I was occasionally light-headed and more irritable than normal.) Luckily, I was driving slowly as I was approaching a stop sign and just stopped into the rear end of someone's vehicle without injuring them or their vehicle. Anyway, I awoke in a ambulance and was taken a few blocks to The George Washington University Hospital in Washington, DC. Shortly after a Physician's assistant told me I was going to have emergency brain surgery--I demanded to see the doctor and that's when I met my hero Dr. Vivek Deshmukh! He immediately told be that he thought I had a seizure resulting from a Cavernous Malformation but he could be sure because there was blood blocking his view.After some discussion, and because of my immediate recovery--we decided to medicate me to prevent seizures and monitor me until the blood resolved.After a few weeks, I stopped taking the anti-seizure medication only once per day instead of twice as prescribed. Iwent to MI for a vacation and on July 4 upon getting into the car to drive--I went unconscious and into a full seizure and my 77 year old mom called for help. I awoke in intensive care. The doctor said I needed to have surgery or the next time I would be put into a box. Dr. Deshmukh promptly return my call and want to know every detail of what had happened to me.I asked the Michigan doctor where he thought I should have my surgery and he said where I thought I would best recover. I called Dr. Deshmukh's officescheduled my surgery, returned with my mom in tow to Washington, DC had the surgery (August 28, 2007) that ranked by many accounts as a miracle! (My mom wanted the older more "seasoned doctor to do my surgery but I had every confidence in Dr. D) Dr. D completed my surgery and I was lucid and talking before leaving the recovery room. His approximation was so good you can barely see the incision mark. The medical team wanted to discharge me after two days and I made them keep me three! Dr. D, visited my on my last morning at 4 a.m.(after and emergency surgery) because he knew he would not be around when I was discharged. His name is the answer to what do you call a great brain surgeon! Dr. Vivek Deshmukh! I just went to schedule my three year follow-up and learned he has left the state. I turned to the internet to find him and found this page instead. If you encounter him and you or your loved ones are in need of surgical gifts and/or knowledge choose Vivek Deshmukh, MD!

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2010

Dr. Deshmuck is my hero. After arriving at his hospital with a ruptured aneurysm he proceeded to perform a coiling procedure that saved my life. I have been so impressed with his manner from start to finish. I would reccommend him to anyone in need of an amazing Doctor.

|  POOR OFFICE STAFF  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

The problem was that after waiting an hour and a half (I did check in upon arrival) we enquired how much longer the wait would be before Dr Deshmukh would be able to see my husband as he was wearing a CTLSO brace and was getting uncomfortable. Someone will be right out they said. Shortly thereafter a employee called our name and we were told; sorry the doctor is in emergency surgery. This we could have accepted if the had let us know as soon as we arrived. They had left a message on our home phone letting us know the doctor would not be in at 12:21 p m.; to get there by the 1:30 p.m. appointment we had left home at 11:30 a.m. We asked to be reimbursed for our parking fee and after being told we would need to speak to a manager who was away from their desk we were finally was given a parking voucher (it may or not work at the garage she said) Surprise it DIDN'T. The general attitude seemed to be PLEASE MOVE ON AND LEAVE US ALONE.MARY ELLEN RATLIFF

|  Stroke and angiogram  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2010

My husband recently suffered a basilar artery clot that was dissolved with TPA but broke off and went into his occipter (sp?) lobe. Dr. Deschmuck went in to try and get the clot out with a special tool but was unable due to location and how deep into the smaller arteries/vessels it was. He was able to apply localized TPA and it eventually cleared. He was in NCICU for 15 days and Dr. Deschmuck was there everyday to give me an update and educate me and answer all questions thoroughly. The one day that I missed him, he made the effort and called me on my cell phone to update me. Very caring, knowledgeable, conscientious guy. My husband, who is also a doctor, was even impressed.

|  show details
Jul 27th, 2009

In Dec. 2007 I was at work one day and got an extreme headache all of a sudden. I tried to muddle through and continue on with work...being that it was really early in the morning, there was not a full staff here. After a few minutes I thought something is not right. I went to one of the only co-workers that I had seen that morning and asked for help. She asked me if she should call 911 and I said yes. Long story short, I had a brain aneurysm rupture in my head and Dr. Deshmukh saved my life. I would (and have) highly recommend him for any brain related issues. He's a very gentle doctor and he listens to you.