A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vivek Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vivek Patel, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Coronary Disease
- Esophageal Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from Sri Ramachandra Medical College And Research Institute, Chennai.
Dr. Patel has 7 hospital affiliations:
- East Texas Medical Center Athens
- East Texas Medical Center-Jacksonville
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Vivek Patel BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Vivek Patel practice?
- Dr. Vivek Patel has 2 office locations.
Dr. Vivek Patel practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Ophthalmology near Tyler, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Los Angeles, CA.
See Tyler Surgeons, Tyler Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Tyler Ophthalmologists.