Dr. Vivek Rajagopal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 11th, 2016
Life saved
Dr. Rajagopal is totally selfless and you immediately get that he is interested only in you and not himself. For a Doctor as world famous as he is, it knocked me off my feet that his competency withstood his fame and then I realized that that is why he is so uncommonly excellent. He doesn't know he is above average.

September 27th, 2011
Excellent physician

June 21st, 2011
The best in Atlanta
Dr Rajagopal literally saved my father's life. He performed the first non invasive valve replacement on him with complete success. Besides being a gifted surgeon skilled in cutting edge medical techniques, Dr Rajagopal is perhaps the kindest and most caring doctor we have ever met. He spent an enormous amount of time with my father and no question was dismissed or an answer ever rushed. A nurse told us that he treats all of his patients with this same care and compassion - something that is very rare in medicine these days, especially from a cardiac surgeon.

November 30th, 2010
Amazing Cardiologist
The very best in cardiac care. Dr. Rajagopal is an amazing interventional cardiologist and Piedmont and Atlanta and fortunate to have a physician as skilled, knowledgable and caring as Dr. Rajagopal. His amazing skills in the cath lab with vaarious heart pumps and his incredible patience, persitence will allow a patient to have the best outcome possible. Dr. Rajagopal saved my life and I should have died; had he not been there, and even with wondefrul care from the first responders, ER, LifeFlight and great care from other cardiologists at Piedmont; without him, I would not have lived and am so happy to say that I have recovered fully. Now; outcomes are not guaranteed, however, if you are dying of heart attack in Atlanta, Dr. Rajagopal and Piedmont give you the best chance for a great outcome.

November 17th, 2009
Extremely disappointed
Brought to Piedmont due to abnormal ekg. After running every single test known to cardiac care (to run up the bill) finally did angiogram and found much CAD and PAD, discharged & told to come back for stents in legs. Admitted again, another hospital bill. Woke up during procedure and felt pain during right leg stent placement, was held down while he finished instead of numbed again. Excruciatingly painful experience. At office followup, admitted because having chest pain and palpitations. Instead of prescribing something for my nerves, which are out of control after finding out I have 50% blockaages in my heart arteries at 46 yrs of age, I was admitted to the hospital, missed more work, and a big bill with more money for him again. Discharged and supposed to get a heart monitor, and you guessed it, I never received one in the mail after calling the office. I have worked hard to lower my cholesterol, and have been experiencing terrible side effects from the statin medication. I asked that he check it while I was in the hospital, he did not bother. I asked to have my liver enzymes checked because they were high last month, he did not. He is unconcerned with anything other than making his money, and being sure he's not liable. I do not recommend him because he is a fast lane hotshot that does not care about the individual patient, just how many procedures he can cram into his schedule. And be sure you are ready to be admitted into the hospital at the slightest complaint to run up a $20k+ hospital bill for observation? I told him I couldn't miss anymore work, and unless there was something different showing on the ekg, I did not want to be admitted. They lied to me and told me I was in danger of having a heart attack and that the ekg did show something different than last time. The nurses, and staff cardiologists at the hospital told me I was admitted simply for observation, nothing new was noted on my ekg. So, instead of addressing my complaints which were almost definitely related to nerves and the statin medication, he chose to scare me into agreeing to be admitted into the hospital. No thanks....not again, I'm switching.

September 14th, 2009
In 2005, I was found to need by-pass (6) surgery. Dr. Rajagopal did the assessment and found that, based upon my age and condition, I should have the surgery, not the placement of stints. This was against his interests, since he does stints and not surgery. Other, more senior doctors wanted me to participate in a study and be given new medicated stints. Dr. Raj said, "The standard of care for your age and condition would be to have the by-pass surgery . . ." He even suggested that if I had stints, I would likely be back for by-pass surgery in a couple years. I teach health law and found the he was the only doctor who mentioned the standard of care--the minimum level of care.Now when I visit his office, I find that he is totally up-to-date on studies and is willing to spend a moment with me assessing my health and keeping me informed on the progress in health studies. He is a good man and has a bright future. We are fortunate that he selected Atlanta.

August 8th, 2009
One of the Best
He is one of the best doctors i have ever had and i have had alot i have had three open heart surgeries. He has the best bedside manor and makes you feel like he cares. He does not rush out as fast as he can he takes his time to really explain things. He is awsome i love knowing he will be there godforbid i have anymore issues...He deserves an award for most caring doctor