A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vivek Varma:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vivek Varma, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Varma graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Varma has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Christiana Care Health Services
- Union Hospital of Cecil County
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Varma accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Partners - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 4 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- CareFirst - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans