A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vivian Gahtan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vivian Gahtan, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid Stenosis
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Gahtan graduated from George Washington University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Gahtan has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Crouse Hospital
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gahtan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Vivian Gahtan practice?
Dr. Vivian Gahtan practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Syracuse, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Oswego, NY and Watertown, NY.
See Syracuse Surgeons.