Anesthesiologist, Physiatrist, Neurologist
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Bad medicine - Stay clear- Bad doctor- They wont help you here. show details Bad medicine - Stay clear- Bad doctor- They wont help you here.
Mar 17th, 2015

Bad medicine. According to my internet searches Dr Fiks has been banned from practicing medicine in several states , like Washington and California. I don't know why this place has any positive reviews. It must be another scam to give themselves 5 stars. This pain clinics such a scam and a lie I wouldn't put it past them to cheat on every last thing possible. to get every red cent they can. I cant say much about Dr fixs. Hes never there and you never see him. I guess he has a stack of presigned prescription pads, the PAs fill out for him when he is out golfing . This place is like the hot underground lair of the devil . The whole time I felt like something really shady was going on. It was uncomfortable, and the front desk staff looked annoyed by the people waiting. What a bunch of low brow chavs . The wait is worse than the DMV . The amount of Uncaring rude people is worse than the DMV. The whole place is dirty and creepily lit. . The give you narcotics, but they wont give you enough of them, they intentionally under treat you. The meds you get aren't strong enough. The docs wont give you a months worth. The doc wont get you a refill on time. If the doc leaves town, you cant get your meds until he comes back, your just lie there and suffer. I ended up paying the doctors 500 dollars ro right for a twelve dollar prescription. What a rip off! Look at all the negative reviews men give this place. Its a common theme. They hates men, and will make a cripples mans life hard for no apparent reason at all. She will give you unnecessary drug tests, and make you pay 1800 a piece for them. Seriously this place is bad , and I would never go back there. These are not human beings , but some kind of loathsome evil subhuman sadist demon l spawn delivering false hopes and promises to the crippled and dying. . They don't want to heal you, as they want to capitalize on human suffering , circling you and waiting for you to die like vultures . I hope they all burn in the place of the devil . Curses be upon them! The black security guy is cool though. He is the only decent good human being in the bunch. I would hate to do his job.

Dec 29th, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor, and especially his treating staff, after a singular initial appointment with this dr. Referrals to PT and notes in file were detrimental, whereas I was injured when I was unknowingly scheduled with a PA unfamiliar with me and comments in records were unfounded and derogatory; after having a serious reaction to pain meds, I was told that it was unrelated to them. There is a turnover with staff with exception of the core group who are nominal in professional stds.

Some Doctors think they are better than God himself! show details Some Doctors think they are better than God himself!
Aug 5th, 2014

This doctor has a nice facility, and the magazines are ok. Dr. Fiks has a staff of people that are rude half the time and have very poor communication. It makes for a long drawn out time at the doctor, so clear your DAY if you go there. Since his facility is nice, that means he has to pay the extra money to keep that appearance. I've noticed that the prices he is charging for the visit hits every line item on sheet. I could not believe what I was seeing. I'm actually surprised the Ins. Companies let him charge what he does. I'm sure I can't put actual prices on this without getting in trouble, but it seems to me its not about really getting to know and help the patient, it's about getting people into their office so they can charge for everything, (probably charges for a tissue) that's how bad it is. I have been going to this doctor for a year now and my out of pocket keeps going higher and higher and I still feel just as bad as I did when I started going to him. Might even feel worse. I have decided to find a new doctor because I don't feel like lining his pockets anymore. There are many others out there that take advantage of your situation like this doctors facility does. This place is take and rude, except the first day!

My experience has been great. show details My experience has been great.
by Bigtom @ Scappoose on Jun 9th, 2014

My experience has been great, I have had 3 lumbar injections. The second worked about 6 weeks the other 2 have not. But there have never been gurantees. Healing chronic pain is not easy if not impossible in some. Some of you have been in pain so long all you do is complain. Their staff has been great. Billing, no issues. Dr. Fiks is an imposing character but very professional. Don't dis him if his family owns the building. Go buy your own building, respect others culture. Im trying this pain treatment in hopes I don't have back surgery. My doctor gave it a 30% chance, I will take that over getting cut. If it doesn't work so be it, don't blame it on the doctor.

worst doctor I have ever seen show details worst doctor I have ever seen
by ken stickel on Oct 18th, 2013

Dr. fiks is the worst doctor I have ever seen, as overpriced, unfriendly staff etc.. I found myself in the worst possible position, he sent me paperwork to sign that was demeaning...and it only got worse...from my first appointment I realized it was a scam...After 3 back shots,I told the doc that I wanted to get off the pain meds, he said it wasn`t a good idea, that I was to see his pa at 180 a month! he was terrible, I woundn`t recommend him to my dog...run as fast as you can...billed me for 1800 for a piss test!!! what a scam....totally incompetent doctor

Amazed at the number of complaints- not true show details Amazed at the number of complaints- not true
by Nicole Colgrove on Aug 30th, 2013

I read all the reviews on here and don't understand how these patients had such a difficult experience. I have been going to APM for almost 3 years now and have really no complaints. Yes, they treat like a drug addict at first but that's to protect themselves. With the number of people out there to just get drugs, they have to monitor their patients. Dr Fiks makes the initial diagnosis and performs all surgeries himself. He is a busy man who takes care of many patients. Bridget, his PA, is very caring, listens and does all she can to make you as comfortable as she can with your pain. They are "pain management" not pain fixers. They do what they can to try to fix what they can and then keep you as much pain free as they can. They have an excellent physical therapy program as well as the therapists there to help you through it. I have been to many dr offices, ERs, surgeons, specialists and hospitals. Dr Fiks and his establishment is one of the best I've been to. I've had to call in for questions and had been answered right away and with politeness. If I have a question about a bill I've had it explained to me and handled promptly and professionally. I have no complaints, only good things to say. No one else would give me answers or seem to care enough to help me with all the pain I have been through. Dr Fiks, Bridget PA, the surgery team, the office staff, physical therapists and nurses are all caring, sweet people who listen to you, care about you and do their best to help you. Sincerely, Nicole Colgrove, patient of 2 1/2 years. Referred by my primary dr, Michelle Hall, whom I also recommend.

Terrible experience show details Terrible experience
by Bob on Apr 1st, 2013

I should of read the reviews prior to making an appointment. The office staff is absolutly rude! All the Physician Asst wanted to do was push spinal injections which did not help me previously. Sounds to me this palce is all about making money and over charging my Insurance for unnecessary exams. I contacted my referring physician about my experience and he referred me to another physician in Hillsboro. I would not recommend Dr.Fiks to anyone

Get new staff show details Get new staff
Oct 9th, 2012

From start to finish the entire staff especially receptionist needs extensive customer service training! Dr barely spoke and definitely doesn't explain anything.... Had one injection and cancelled all future appointments, get a new job dr its clear you don't care about patients! Advice don't come here!

Horrible Doctor - In it for Money!!! show details Horrible Doctor - In it for Money!!!
Jul 31st, 2012

i have been a patient for 3 years but I have finally HAD it. It is so plainly a complete SCAM. Initially I went because my other pain doctor, who I loved, died. I was referred by my internist. At the first appt he seemed interested in what he could do for me, but that was one of the only times i have SEEN DR. Fiks. You are brought make by a Medical assistant who is very unfriendly and she takes your vitals, which is a total Joke. They take your temperature, etc at every appt so they can bill more. My appts last about 8-10 minutes. It's simple; you give him exorbitant amount of money for a narcotic Rx. Of course the prescriptions are for medicines like Avinza and Opana, which cost me $2,300, a month. And the back injections are outrageous and did not help at all.! My insurance paid part yet I still had incredible out of pocket expenses. After about 2 yrs my internist told me he had referred his mother here and it was disastrous. My intents then referred me else wear for back injections and the experience was totally different. They were all very nice and the back injections WORKED! the complete opposite of Dr. Fiks scam. The turnover of PAs is very high. The PAs are the ones who write your scrips, and I can't count the times it wasn't written properly and I had the pharmacy nightmare. In summary, this is a DRUG MILL. they keep you addicted to opiates. There is no exit strategy. Dr. Fiks can't even prescribe bupinorphine and he wouldn't want to get you off opiods. The loss of money! HE IS GREEDY, UNCARING and condescending. Don't go!!

Never to return show details Never to return
Mar 1st, 2012

This is the worst healthcare experience I have ever had. This man Dr. Fiks is about MONEY ONLY. You can not make an appt. until you are called back (days later) at which time you can not see the DR. Only his PA's who then may or may not grant the permission to see him 1 or 2 weeks later. If you are so blessed to convince them to medicate you with something other than kick back meds that are not covered by insurance (he could care less, all the same to him) they will only write for the bear minimum that will keep you in enough pain to ensure your return. The Pa's run his office and should not be providing patient care due to there competency and compassion. I NEVER felt cared for or looked at as anything other than another pill seeking piece of human garbage who is nothing for the DR. Other than another insurance to way OVERBILL. I am so hurt and upset by the care I received and am flat out sad that what his clinic is doing is legal. I can not express the sadness I have for the future referrals to his clinic. His own family operates the entire clinic and he runs in house phys therapy and in house spinal injections. He runs his patients through the injection clinic like cattle for slaughter. Everyone insurance will cover WILL get injections mark my words. This place is just sick and wrong. Now I owe him thousands. I sure hope someone reads this and goes elsewhere before there insurance is pillaged...

Jan 12th, 2012

First time going. the front desk girl didnt seem very happy, acted like i troubled her. they just should get rid of her. however the back assistant i spoke to was extremely nice and helpful. looking forward to my second visit.

Only wants your money show details Only wants your money
Jun 15th, 2011

I was a patient there for 2 years. Rarely saw him, mostly the P.A. I had severe back pain and was only given a couple of pain pills day. I was in agony but they didn't care. The procedures helped but were extremely expensive. The urine drug screens were billed to me and my insurance at 1,200! I work in healthcare and I know they do not cost that much. Not long ago I had to resubmit my test as my urine was too dilute to use. To my shock Dr. Fiks' office charged me anyway and made me do a second one. To my amazement they charged me for both at a cost of 2,400.00! (just to pee in a cup) I wrote a very nice letter to Dr. Fiks asking if he would write off a portion of my bill as my bill was HUGE! Nope, he wouldn't budge. It's been 6 months since my last injection and I have been in agony. His office refuses to schedule me until my bill is paid IN FULL even though I make generous monthly payments. I finally gave up and am going somewhere else. Dr. Fiks has ZERO compassion and only wants your money. Go somewhere else, trust me!!!!

A rare, caring place show details A rare, caring place
Jun 15th, 2011

Nurses & receptionists are almost always very friendly & caring. Always get checked in promptly. PA always makes sure to address any issues & all questions and expresses genuine concern for how I feel. Has given me hope and treatment ideas when many other doctors couldn't or didn't want to take the time to try to figure out my difficult health problems. I also like that they don't simply prescribe medication, but discuss it's pros & cons with you and let you help make decisions on your health care. I've never experienced that anywhere else before!

Apr 12th, 2011

Although I have been with Dr. Fiks for less than a year,I am pleased with the professionalism when I see him. I would like more time with him and perhaps less with the PA but over all Dr Fiks has been a great advocate so far!

steer clear!!!! show details steer clear!!!!
Feb 2nd, 2011

My experience with this Dr has been very very dissapointing. Dr Fix was not there when I first starting coming to Advanced Pain Management.I am not sure when he took over the clinic because I have seen him maybe twice for about 5 minutes in the years he has been there.I was always seen only by an assistant.Very unprofessional front office staff and the lady that does the billing was very dismissive when questions asked about accidentally billing my secondary insurance when the primary insurance should have been billed first. She actually told me not to worry about the mistake because the secondary insurance had already paid,so it wouldn't cost ME anything.She refused to correct it and asked me why I cared if the insurance company had already paid.That is dishonest to my insurance company. I parted ways with this practice when I discovered he had been sanctioned and disciplined in California,Oregon and Washington state for some questionable practices. Save yourself alot of grief and seek a pain clinic that cares about their patients and offers a multidiciplinary approach.

Kudos! show details Kudos!
by Happy to say thank you on Jun 23rd, 2010

I have been a patient at Advanced Pain Management Center for approximately 10 years. During that time Dr. Fiks and his staff have seen me through many obstacles related to my pain. I have found the folks at APMC to be excellent practitioners and very caring, compassionate people. My pain has been managed well and the procedures recommended allowed me to become more active, sleep better and enjoy my life more. The nurses never fail to give me a follow up phone call after a procedure even though I know their days are quite busy. The office is clean, comfortable and stylish hardly feels like a doctors office and there is plenty of parking and handicapped access. Keep up the great work APMC! I highly recommend Dr. Fiks on a regular basis and will continue to do so. However, if you are a drug addict or do not feel a responsibility to pay your bills, this is not the clinic for you.

by Writhing in Pain on Jun 20th, 2010

I am planning on speaking with an attorney about his pain management practice and the other pain management doctor I was referred to prior to him.

not very caring show details not very caring
Dec 8th, 2009

i have bad back pain and i had injections in my lower back and cost me 3000 a shot bit much i say. staff are not nice at all

Anyone BUT Fiks show details Anyone BUT Fiks
by Robert O on Nov 19th, 2009

Not a place I would send a pet I cared about yet alone go back for more treatment. Very transparent give me money I'll write scripts..... 2 bad quacks

Good Pain Management Clinic show details Good Pain Management Clinic
Oct 16th, 2009

After i had been sent to another local clinic whose idea was to spend 10 minutes asking me how I was, then telling me to keep taking drugs, APMC was a nice change. Yes the office help are a bit robotic, and appear not so caring, but the doctors are great. Looking for alternate ways to help the pain, taking extra time to discuss issues I am having. Explaining things I just don't understand about Chronic Pain. I will definately continue to use this facility and would definately encourage others also

Find a New Doctor show details Find a New Doctor
by Back Pain Patient on Jul 22nd, 2008

Terrible practice- I would NEVER go back again. I had a procedure performed and I never even saw the MD. No results. Office and MD need serious customer service skills.