inactive

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

October 4th, 2015
Dr Fiks sees very few patients, mostly he screens and refers to his of NPs. It hardly matters because you'll be treated like you're a hypochondriacal drug abuser and/or selling. I went there for over a year and even my internist agreed that he was purely in it for money. He pushes the most expensive opioids and pushes spinal blocks to line his pockets. He is demeaning and rude, and expensive. I didn't realize how awful he was until I went to another pain specialist who was kind and respectful. Fiks was neither.

September 7th, 2015
Extremely poor communicator, Treated my husband like a drug addict instead of trying to help him deal with a chronic pain issue. All he wants to do is injections.

July 2nd, 2015
STAY FAR AWAY
reviewed in the last week horrible pan handlers all they want is your $$$ this place is a joke the doctor lets uneducated PA handle your care and its a total JOKE the nurses and MA all think they are doctors they speak as if thier education was taken at a dumb tech institution that will pass ANYONE

December 29th, 2014
I would not recommend this doctor, and especially his treating staff, after a singular initial appointment with this dr. Referrals to PT and notes in file were detrimental, whereas I was injured when I was unknowingly scheduled with a PA unfamiliar with me and comments in records were unfounded and derogatory; after having a serious reaction to pain meds, I was told that it was unrelated to them. There is a turnover with staff with exception of the core group who are nominal in professional stds.

August 5th, 2014
Some Doctors think they are better than God himself!
This doctor has a nice facility, and the magazines are ok. Dr. Fiks has a staff of people that are rude half the time and have very poor communication. It makes for a long drawn out time at the doctor, so clear your DAY if you go there. Since his facility is nice, that means he has to pay the extra money to keep that appearance. I've noticed that the prices he is charging for the visit hits every line item on sheet. I could not believe what I was seeing. I'm actually surprised the Ins. Companies let him charge what he does. I'm sure I can't put actual prices on this without getting in trouble, but it seems to me its not about really getting to know and help the patient, it's about getting people into their office so they can charge for everything, (probably charges for a tissue) that's how bad it is. I have been going to this doctor for a year now and my out of pocket keeps going higher and higher and I still feel just as bad as I did when I started going to him. Might even feel worse. I have decided to find a new doctor because I don't feel like lining his pockets anymore. There are many others out there that take advantage of your situation like this doctors facility does. This place is take and rude, except the first day!

June 9th, 2014
My experience has been great.
My experience has been great, I have had 3 lumbar injections. The second worked about 6 weeks the other 2 have not. But there have never been gurantees. Healing chronic pain is not easy if not impossible in some. Some of you have been in pain so long all you do is complain. Their staff has been great. Billing, no issues. Dr. Fiks is an imposing character but very professional. Don't dis him if his family owns the building. Go buy your own building, respect others culture. Im trying this pain treatment in hopes I don't have back surgery. My doctor gave it a 30% chance, I will take that over getting cut. If it doesn't work so be it, don't blame it on the doctor.

February 18th, 2014
Did not listen to my needs
They did not listen to my needs or how I was feeling or provide appropriate reaction to a new pain condition. They told me I am too young to have anyt ...

April 1st, 2013
Terrible experience
I should of read the reviews prior to making an appointment. The office staff is absolutly rude! All the Physician Asst wanted to do was push spinal injections which did not help me previously. Sounds to me this palce is all about making money and over charging my Insurance for unnecessary exams. I contacted my referring physician about my experience and he referred me to another physician in Hillsboro. I would not recommend Dr.Fiks to anyone

October 9th, 2012
Get new staff
From start to finish the entire staff especially receptionist needs extensive customer service training! Dr barely spoke and definitely doesn't explain anything.... Had one injection and cancelled all future appointments, get a new job dr its clear you don't care about patients! Advice don't come here!

July 31st, 2012
Horrible Doctor - In it for Money!!!
i have been a patient for 3 years but I have finally HAD it. It is so plainly a complete SCAM. Initially I went because my other pain doctor, who I loved, died. I was referred by my internist. At the first appt he seemed interested in what he could do for me, but that was one of the only times i have SEEN DR. Fiks. You are brought make by a Medical assistant who is very unfriendly and she takes your vitals, which is a total Joke. They take your temperature, etc at every appt so they can bill more. My appts last about 8-10 minutes. It's simple; you give him exorbitant amount of money for a narcotic Rx. Of course the prescriptions are for medicines like Avinza and Opana, which cost me $2,300, a month. And the back injections are outrageous and did not help at all.! My insurance paid part yet I still had incredible out of pocket expenses. After about 2 yrs my internist told me he had referred his mother here and it was disastrous. My intents then referred me else wear for back injections and the experience was totally different. They were all very nice and the back injections WORKED! the complete opposite of Dr. Fiks scam. The turnover of PAs is very high. The PAs are the ones who write your scrips, and I can't count the times it wasn't written properly and I had the pharmacy nightmare. In summary, this is a DRUG MILL. they keep you addicted to opiates. There is no exit strategy. Dr. Fiks can't even prescribe bupinorphine and he wouldn't want to get you off opiods. The loss of money! HE IS GREEDY, UNCARING and condescending. Don't go!!

March 1st, 2012
Never to return
This is the worst healthcare experience I have ever had. This man Dr. Fiks is about MONEY ONLY. You can not make an appt. until you are called back (days later) at which time you can not see the DR. Only his PA's who then may or may not grant the permission to see him 1 or 2 weeks later. If you are so blessed to convince them to medicate you with something other than kick back meds that are not covered by insurance (he could care less, all the same to him) they will only write for the bear minimum that will keep you in enough pain to ensure your return. The Pa's run his office and should not be providing patient care due to there competency and compassion. I NEVER felt cared for or looked at as anything other than another pill seeking piece of human garbage who is nothing for the DR. Other than another insurance to way OVERBILL. I am so hurt and upset by the care I received and am flat out sad that what his clinic is doing is legal. I can not express the sadness I have for the future referrals to his clinic. His own family operates the entire clinic and he runs in house phys therapy and in house spinal injections. He runs his patients through the injection clinic like cattle for slaughter. Everyone insurance will cover WILL get injections mark my words. This place is just sick and wrong. Now I owe him thousands. I sure hope someone reads this and goes elsewhere before there insurance is pillaged...

January 12th, 2012
First time going. the front desk girl didnt seem very happy, acted like i troubled her. they just should get rid of her. however the back assistant i spoke to was extremely nice and helpful. looking forward to my second visit.