Internist, General Practitioner

Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Do not go here  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2014

Terrible doctor. Has no clue what he is doing and has a curt unpleasant attitude. Does not dig any deeper than superficial and obvious diagnoses, prescribes the wrong medication, and then insists that it's the patient's fault when things don't get better. The office staff is also rude, inefficient, clueless, and react irritably like you are an interruption to their busy day.

|  Poor doctor/awful staff  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2014

As a patient I have had awful and disappointing experience which included 4-6 hours of wait time, improper diagnosis & treatment and rude staff. Not to mention about struggles you have to go through in trying to find out test results. During the visit doctor checks his messages and talks on his cell phone. He often leaves the patient in the middle of appointment. Sometimes he will not be back, so you will be left with an option to chase him down the hallway to find out diagnosis & treatment. It is very depressing experience!!!

|  Wrong diagnosis and meds  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2013

I was once a patient of Vladimir A Grebennikov, MD. I’m glad I’m not now. I can’t believe all the great reviews he gets. I only had one experience where I had to wait an exceptionally long time until he finally showed up in the exam room. As far as the staff goes they were all really nice except for Martha. There is definitely something wrong with this person. She should not be interacting with people. She has an attitude problem and no people skills. She really is just a royal B****. I was misdiagnosed with heart disease. He said I’ve been having mini heart attacks for years as he looked at an E.K.G. He put me on blood pressure meds which dehydrated me to the point where I was having massive chest pains. I went to the emergency room where they very thoroughly checked my heart in so many ways and found nothing wrong. I even had a nuclear stress test done and they found nothing wrong. I’ve never had a heart attack like he said. My heart is fine.

Sep 13th, 2013

I am a new patient of his office. I will tell you the wait is horrible. I feel worse now then when I went to him. He has told me to give him time and I will feel better. I am going to try and wait this out to see if he is as good as many of his patients say. I will let you all know at a later date. As of today I am not sure. He calls me baby and gives free botex that is a plus.

|  patient and friend Service Technician NOV  |  show details
by Jeffery Cox on Aug 28th, 2013

Dr. G is one of the best doctors there is and i have known him and been his patient for 12 years and i will not go to any other doctor. I have one that does my back and leg pain problems but Dr. G saved my life when all others failed back in 2003 and 2004 he found out wheat was wrong and got me well as soon as he could. He is open on Saturdays which makes it convenient and knows what exactly to do. He is a good friend and a good doctor so you want the best he is.

|  Simply Amazing - Dr. G will change your life!  |  show details
by K.Stef on Jul 14th, 2013

Dr.G is remarkable! If you are looking for a quick in and out doc with a bottle of American prescriptions to "fix" what is wrong - he is probably not for you. However, if you want to spend the time to meet with the greatest physician who truly cares about his patients and you want to understand the "what & why" behind what is going on in your body - you will be astounded by his knowledge and approach to medicine. I am 30 years young and struggled for years with weight, insomnia, anxiety and eventually border line high cholesterol and elevated sugar. All my primary care docs prescribed me more medicine: ambien, Xanax, lexapro, etc... The weight increased along with the symptoms. I had given up and accepted this was simply my dysfunctional life - until I went to Dr. G! He is direct and will tell you what's wrong and if you will follow his directions to a "T" you will always achieve the results he says you will be it weight loss, stress, anxiety, or many other health issues. He isn't going to sugar coat it and give you a lollipop he is going to tell you how to fix the problem and it is up to you. I moved to the New England area 3 years ago and I still fly to Texas once a year or when needed so I may retain Dr. G as my physician - if flying a couple thousand miles to see a doctor doesn't say something about how he practices medicine I'm not sure what would. If you are truly looking for the best - the Dr. G is it!

|  Very intelligent MD, office could use better management  |  show details
by JD on Jun 6th, 2013

Dr. Grebennikov stands out among his peers and is truly an exceptional human being. In terms of being able to think independently and not simply diagnose by the book, Dr. G is second to none in the DFW area. I have been seeing Dr. G for a little over a year and have made significant progress. He has been able to accurately diagnose and treat a somewhat rare thyroid condition that several other MD's missed completely. The only downside to visiting this practitioner is what many have already mentioned - the office is not run in a very efficient manner. I have personally waiting upwards of 3 hrs after arriving early for my appointments. For myself, it is still worth it simply due to the expertise of this MD, however this may not be true for others. Summary: Great doc, bad office. If you need specialized care from an intelligent, independent thinking MD, this is the guy to go with.

|  Luv Dr G  |  show details
May 8th, 2013

I travel a long way to see Dr G and usually get home faster than seeing a dr minutes away. Dr G saves time & money by being able to perform many tests and therapy right there at the office. He is the sweetest and most gentle man. He truly CARES. He has saved my life and given me back quality of life. He never gets upset if you refuse a treatment he suggests. He believes you have the right to have a say in your healthcare and he never gets bent out of shape if you don't feel comfortable with something. Dr G has solved problems for me that had MANY dr stumped. He is the best.

|  DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2013

The most arrogant, condescending & elitist "Doctor" you will ever encounter. You will be treated like a "peasant", not a "patient". You will receive better treatment at a veterinarian's office. The absolute worst medical experience I will ever endure - it cannot get any worse! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS QUACK.

|  Worst Ever Medical Experience - Dr. Grebennikov  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

The Doctor is knowledgeable - but the office is run like a cattle call. 4 hour visits - the rudest staff I have ever encountered (the receptionist has very evident emotional issues & is prone to temper tantrums) & an overall condescending attitude & orientation towards his patients make this practice one to avoid at all costs. They could care less & it really shows in the treatment you will receive.

|  Great Doctor but...  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

It's a real shame because Dr. Grebennikov is a super doctor, however, when you're in the office, be prepared to wait a LONG time. The doctor is spread so thin that the staff never knows if or when he's going to show up, therefore, any "appointment" you think you have is by no means assured. I think this is what socialized medicine is like.

|  nice doctor- the staff and wait might make you sick  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

If you are looking for a caring and frankly rather sexy doctor you came to the right place- If you are looking to be seen quickly and easily stay home or go to primacare...He will listen, talk and do lots of tests. I think he spends a lot of time in the office and I have wondered what he would be like on a sushi date. You might too if you are not 90 and Russian - Give em' a try if you have some lingering problems, he is a doctor of the heart :)

|  Rude, unprofessional, careless  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

Does not respect patient's time. Waiting time over 2 hrs. Very rude, unpleasant, condescending.

Aug 25th, 2012

Unfortunately my experience at this facility was not a positive one at all. Having to wait for 4 hours to get the doctor to see me is not something that I wish to deal with on a regular basis. The diagnosis was not accurate at all. There is absolutely no need to have to wait 4 hrs to see a doctor. It makes me question their ability to diagnose and treat.

May 18th, 2012

he's the best dr ive ever seen.he's given excellent care to all my family.

|  Exceptional Doctor-staff ok  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

Dr. G is extraordinary! He truly cares about the patient and WILL help you. His practice focuses on a HOLISTIC approach and this is what I LOVED!! I am not Russian. I am just a mom of three and was having some concerning medical issues....Dr. G totally KNEW something more was behind my seemingly stressed body, and there was. I was dealing with the fallout of my husband's disclosure of infidelity. I cried when he summarized my issues. There was a problem with my heart both physically and emotionally speaking and he knew this. He treated my whole person (HOLISTIC approach) and I am thankful. I was a little taken aback when I had to breath into some machine type thing, but I believe his practice is forward in thinking, diagnosing and treating. His office manager is busy. She seems gruff but I believe she is invested in your service, just stand firm, but remain polite and respectful and she will accommodate your requests, and will smile sometimes too. Overall, I would go to Dr. G despite the wait, the staff antics, and the Geriatric waiting room because my life is important and he gives answers. He was obviously was born to do this and loves his job.

Jan 22nd, 2012

Never had a more caring physician! A doctor who listens and doesn't have one foot out the door while you are trying to explain your symptoms. I HIGHLY recommend him and now my whole family goes to him, as well as many of my friends and neighbors! They all say the same thing: "HE IS AMAZING!" My daughter lives 1,500 miles away, but flies in every six months to see him.The medical assistants in his office are all very friendly and helpful! The only "sour grape" is Martha, his office manager, but she is a hard worker and works long hours and six days a week, so guess she should be allowed some grace! Besides, it's the doctor that counts, right? There is no finer one around!!!

|  EXCEPTIONAL!!!  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2011

Dr G saved my life after countless others had no clue.

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2011

Dr Grebennikov was recommended by a holistic doctor who was unable to diagnose or treat the health issues I was having with any success. For years I was spending a fortune on treatments that had no affect at all. One visit to Dr G. and everything cleared up. He always nails the diagnosis, then recommends a cure for the cause rather than masking the symptoms with drugs. I was amazed. Now he is my everything Doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. G and his knowledgeable and charming staff to anyone without hesitation.

|  Absolutely the best doctor I've ever known  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2011

Dr. Grebennikov is outstanding as a doctor. His bedside manner is caring and compassionate. When I've gotten questionable diagnoses, he's actually held my hands, looked me in the eyes and said "We will find out what this is and we will do this together. You promise me right now that you won't worry until I say to worry". And I did find out what it was, and he did see me through it. I've never met a more caring, intelligent, wonderful person. Those words don't always come to mind when you think of doctors, although it should! I highly recommend him!

|  Exceptional  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

Dr. G and his staff are amazing and truly care. He treats each patient as if they are the most important. He does not throw medicine or tests at the symptoms - he looks for and finds the problem. I spent 8 years having family practice and infectious disease docs telling me I had a sinus infection or that they didn't know. Dr. G's staff told me the first appointment that he would find out what was wrong and help me. He did. I don't mind the wait - other docs rush you through like cattle. Martha is amazing - she is not rushed, she doesn't have time for small talk. God Bless Dr. G. and his staff.

Mar 27th, 2011

Dr. Vladimir Grebennikov The BEST DOCTOR in TEXAS !

|  Opinion  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2011

I adore Dr G! I've presented him with some very difficult problems to diagnose but he never waivered & was always available to me! He cared for me in the hospital & literally saved my life! People say his office manager Martha is rough...but imagine what this lady goes thru holding his busy practice together. I don't think she likes me much, but she is always professional & does an amazing job of taking care of his patients, but she doesn't suffer nonsense well! Dr works LONG hours, takes his own after hours calls, & my only complaint that I could offer is medication refills do take some time to get handled! Other than that, I would & have reccommedned Dr G to family & friends, with explanation up front of a long wait, he is worth it!

|  AWFUL!!!  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2010

He's OK, but I will warn you....Martha is a complete B----!!! Rudest person I have ever dealt with in my entire life! I have had 3 appointments so far and the LEAST amount of time I had to wait was 2 hours WITH AN APPOINTMENT! I will definitely be changing doctors!!

|  Extremely thorough  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2010

I went to see him for repeatedly "low" thyroid levels. He ran a full battery of tests right there in his office and walked me through them personally - showing me what he was looking for even when it wasn't there. He found no thyroid symptoms (the low level is merely statistical) but did find a toxicity that was cleared up quickly. I trust him implicitly because he listened to me enough to find a symptom that I wasn't even complaining about.

by Kay Casey on Apr 4th, 2010

He is simply the best- exceptionally bright, thoroughly knowledgeable, and compassionate. My mother went for years with diabetic sugar levels between 150 and 210. He got her sugar levels down to 100 and even 90 (when she regularly followed his regimen. ) He is compassionate, listens to all our questions and gives sage medical advice. The whole family now goes to him. I don't mind the wait to see him. i know to expect it and just bring work to do while we wait. We drive 50 miles to see him and feel lucky to have him as our physician.

|  Bad Diagnosis  |  show details
by Charlie on Jan 29th, 2010

He asked me to take thyroid replacement medicine when I shouldn't be taking any of those.

Jun 8th, 2006 on yahoo.com

simply the best!: He saved my life. Never bias about anything. My life was in his hands and he took care of me all of the way. Now I'm a brand new person. I saw him two years later and he couldn't believe his eyes! He asked if I had surgery, I replied no,

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Mar 29th, 2006 on yahoo.com

I can't say enough.: He has helped me and my family when i most needed it. My mother was very sick and had not long to live.He is a excellant doctor.He explained every thing to me about what was going on with her and how to help her be more comfortable wi

Read Full Review at yahoo.com