Dr. Vladimir Redko MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Houston, TX

November 8th, 2016
Retired RN. BSN., worked 17 yrs. Hermann Hospital
I hardly ever see him. I have to get my pain pump filled every month or so and it is mostly done by David the PA. I was dx. RSD/CRPS by over 20+ doctors and he still can't decide if I have fibromyalgia or RSD/CRPS. I have almost every symptom in the books/articles about RSD/CRPS and he is still not convinced? He did not fight W/C Insurance Company and was too willing to let them do whatever they liked to me. I would have liked him to have to stand up against them and told them they were incorrect in their assumptions that I did NOT have any symptoms of RSD, especially after 20 years of living with this condition. RSD/CRPS is clearly caused (according to every book and article on it) often by a minor sprain/strain injury to the arms or legs and often spreads to the opposite arm or leg. This is exactly what my RSD/CRPS did and with insurance companies it is vital that you present them with as much facts as you know in order to shut down their ridiculous assertions that are NOT facts but psychological assumptions of their ignorance about the medical aspects of the patient's condition, which they obviously don't know or understand. No one, not even a doctor can assess a patient's condition just by looking at them. He made a lot of assumptions about my condition that he never asked me about and stated it as a fact, ie., does not have any problems sleeping. I am inconstant chronic pain. I have had problems sleeping for years. How would he know if he didn't ask? It is vital that you accurately report the symptoms and say what they mean. Symptoms of constant burning, stabbing, sharp, aching pain are symptoms of RSD/CRPS-I, when they are seen with nerve pain, like axillary neuropathy, then this is considered CRPS-II. I also have still many symptoms to continue to point out that I still have RSD/CRPS/Causalgia. Doctors need to be very distinct when they diagnose someone's condition when they are being covered by Workers Compensation Insurance Company. If they were always documenting the pain, skin color and temperature changes, reaction to touch, sensitivities, characteristics, and what this means, they would not have to try so hard to prove their points and the insurance "doctors" who can see nothing wrong, would have a hard time saying that there is "nothing wrong" with this patient. Who can go back to work if you are in this much constant pain, can sit no more than 10-15 minutes or only walk a block (if you are lucky, with a walker) and cannot write or type without major muscle spasms? Dr. Redko only had to say after my W/C Hearing or before that my RSD/CRPS was probably caused by my minor sprain/strain w/c injury to my right shoulder/arm on DOI. Why does the patient have to defend a diagnosis to maintain health coverage? How many doctors have to say you are diagnosed with the same diagnosis before it is a fact? Where is the plan of action? You have this condition so we will help you combat this by doing the following 1,2,3. I was given a pump with medications for pain, muscle spasms and burning and cream to put on my skin for inflammation. That the W/C kept trying to undo since it was first given in 2004. It is just NOT right! Dr. kept doing whatever W/C said like a puppet. Wean that medication off the pump now, ok. Take her off of medication for nerve pain, done. Wean her off of medication for migraines, done. Where is your spine to say to them it has been proven that she has these symptoms and needs these medications.

October 8th, 2016
Surgery
Dr. Redko is of highist quiltity this country has to offer. His staff is unsurpassed, his skill is the very top notch to be found on planet earth.

February 18th, 2016
Terrible doctor. Did my procedure and then left without speaking to my family Would not control pain after procedure. Nurses begged him. He ignored them.

August 26th, 2015
Lumbar Spine Pain
Dr. Redko knew and understood my back problem and gave me the correct treatment that stop my pain in my lower back.

June 23rd, 2015
Great doc with amazing staff!
Dr Redko is amazing - and everyone in his staff are great!! He spends time with his patients - so I don't so much mind waiting to see him.

December 17th, 2014
The one to see for CRPS/RSD
I see Dr Redko for treatment of CRPS/RSD. I have 2 spinal cord stimulators and had a drug pump until it failed. I will only see Dr Redko in the office - not np as Dr Redko KNOWS my history, condition and tolerance (or lack thereof) to medications. He may run a bit late - but that is because he will spend time explaining things to you and what the best treatment option would be for you as a patient, individual case and one he's caring for. Love him and his office staff ROCKS!!

April 22nd, 2014
BEST IN THE BUSINESS. HE LISTENS TO YOU AND CAN RELATE TO YOUR PAIN AND NEEDS. I TRUST HIM COMPLETELY. I WOULD RECOMMAND HIM TO ANYONE.

May 9th, 2011
Great doctor for treating RSD!
Dr Redko has been treating my RSD for almost 10 yrs. His office staff is professional and caring and he is one of the world's best for treatment of RSD. I have 2 Spinal Cord Stimulators and have had a drug pump (removed after it failed). His PA is really good as well. Dr Redko is THE dr to see for chronic pain syndromes--especially RSD!

February 12th, 2011
My favorite doctor.
Excellent! What else can I say?

September 13th, 2010
I waited for one hour in waiting room. After I was finally put into a room I then waited another hour and a half. Dr. Redko came in asked a bunch of questions that I had filled out in the questionaire and all my previous Dr.'s notes that were sent to his office prior to my appointment. His staff then came into the room and asked to see him. He then left for about another 20 minutes came back in and then discussed plans for my chronic pain. My appointment was at one and I finally saw Dr. Redko about four thirty and left his office around 5. This is unacceptable!

January 17th, 2009
Dr. Redko did not take proper care in providing procedure information. Upon examination used force and cause more pain and possibly more damage to injury. Used improper surgical procedures, with restraints used prior to being put under anesthesia without patient's knowledge, only upon trying to readjust on surgical table realized restraints had been used. This is common in surgery but only after patient is under anesthesia, not before. No follow-up after procedure with patient or patient's family. Was sent home with no instructions.