Dr. Vladimir Vlcko DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Inverness, FL

October 6th, 2015
The doctor said, "I Don't Know You!"
I use to be a "patient" of Doctor V's. But never got to see him. I got to see the nurse practitioner for everything. Unfortunately, she really messed up and took 2+ months to finally send me to a surgeon to get a diagnostic mammogram (not you regular mammogram). I seen the surgeon on a Monday to tell me what I already knew....I have breast cancer.... The nurse practitioner did not inform the Doctor or respond quickly to my concerns, as I tried to show her my misshaped breast. I called the doctors office after being told I had breast cancer....Dr. V told me, "I don't know you or anything about you....it's classified as siti anyways, it's not a big deal, if you want I can have the Nurse practitioner call you back." I never went back..I had a bilateral mastomy and it had gotten into my lymph nodes. I feel this could had been prevented....if only they would listen... I know they work primarily with older people, but there is no excuse!

December 3rd, 2013
One of my favorite things about Dr. Vlcko is his sense of humor. Aside from the fact that he is a very competent doctor, who listens to me, and gives serious thought to my health care, I leave his office knowing my health needs are being met, and feeling like I have visited a friend. I would not hesitate recommending him.

July 30th, 2013
Dr. Vlcko is a very good doctor. He takes good care of me. Before I found him I was on 14 different prescriptions from other doctors. He got me to where I only had to take 5. What a big difference and I feel better too. I am 82 and have a pacemaker. I now feel 20 years younger. He sees me regularly every 3 months unless I need to see him. He has me do labs/blood work to check my progress. The wait time is is about 10 minutes. He is an all over the body doctor. He sends me to the best doctors for other specialties. His staff makes the appointments for me and when I needed home care they took care of that and it was great. I got better in no time. I highly recommend him to anyone. His staff is very nice and well organized.

July 14th, 2013
Dr. Vlcko should be cloned. We need more of him.
What a great doctor! He and his staff are the nicest people I have ever met in the medical field. I look forward to my visit. I have seen many doctors in my lifetime for many issues with my health but Dr. V is an angel on earth. He and his staff saved my life. I went to his office with an emergency appt. and was admitted to the hospital the same day. Thank God. I could have died. I trust him to make the right decisions. He listens to me and we work together getting me better. His staff does everything for you with pleasant smiles and genuine caring. I highly recommend this family practice to anyone. I take my mom there and my sister goes there as well. Word of mouth got me there not advertising.

October 9th, 2012
Dave
Wait times are long even with an appointment.

September 4th, 2012
Excellent in everyway!
Dr.Vlcko is a caring wonderful doctor who listens and treats you like a patient and not a number. Everyone there is excellent and follow up on everything. They go over and above.We have been seeing him for over 6 years and would highly recommend him to any and all persons.

January 8th, 2011
upset experience
dr and nurse practitioner taking care of patient in an inpatient facility did not want to work with us when it came time to look for hospice care. The doctor and nurse wanted to provide end of life care, we were indifferent to say the least about that so we desired a change, The doctor had to give us permission and he had to write an order. then we could talk to hospice. they told us that the regular staff would have nothing to do with us or talk to us once hospice took over the case. This process took several days since he did not want to relinquish the case. I do not know if he or the NP has to visit each day to bill under normal care but neither visited the patient the entire week we were there unless he came before 6am or after 10 pm. Then there was the pain medication, he did not want to medicate the patient, why would WE want to leave her in his care if he is seemingly so disconnected? he or his designee wrote an order for analgesic and it took an act of congress, we were not asking for an illicit substance, all we were asking for was a therapeutic dose of roxinal. ostensibly an order was written and after many changes of hands and intervention by the hospice advocate and days later I was mad. I finally went to the nurses station and asked and they must have been afraid so they said you call him ( they were always nice and not rude) they were just afraid and did not want to make an enemy. I called the office and said who I was and nicely stated my case. She rudely asked again who I was and what buisess I had to call the office. It was within business hours, it was my phone and it was the business line, not the (back line) she snapped "wait a minute" at which point I handed the phone to an RN thinking what ever transpired I wanted documented or if it was an order she would have to take the order etc. Well we got no where, the hospice nurse called her supervisor who called Dr vlcko try again. I believe he needs a refresher class on bedside manner and on pain control. He then wrote an order for this morphine to be given every 30 minutes around ,i tried to clariry, around the clock until what? pain relief, respirations are under 55, less grimissing, she said, no just continuous roxianal, 3 30 minutes around the clock with the sedation med. We were just trying to make her more comfortable, she was aleady practally unresponsive NPO for 4 days virtually no output and febrile to 103, but after the order was written for Q 3o minute morphine Roxyinal to this narcotic virgin it was just a matter of hours. I knew I should have stayed with her but we were so exhausted why did it take almost four days to get pain medication order completed on a terminal patient, why did he argue about hospice, why does he not see he patients on a regular basis, why does the staff argue with the patient advocate, WHY was the order written for a continuous narcotic on a narcotic virgin (narcotic nieve) patient. I think he is insensitive and just did that to be spiteful and this needs review. One family member is not medical and does not understand the ramifications of the continuous nature of the narcotic when a small whiff so to speak would have sufficed.