A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Volker Sonntag:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Volker Sonntag is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sonntag
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sonntag Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Volker Sonntag, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Bone Transplantation
- Brain Injuries
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Spinal Cancer
- Spinal Cord Cancer
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Injuries
- Spinal Osteophytosis (Spondylosis)
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Sonntag graduated from University of Arizona, Tucson. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Sonntag has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Scottsdale Healthcare-Shea
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Volker K h Sonntag MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 41 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Volker K. Sonntag practice?
- Dr. Volker Sonntag has 1 office location.
Dr. Volker Sonntag practices Neurological Surgery near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Surgeons.