inactive

Wade R Gaal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

August 26th, 2016
He's an amazing dr. In a time when I felt like he just giving because every dr I ran into was more worried about the dollars and not the patients. They treated me like crap. But Dr Gaal cared and he takes his time to do everything he can to make sure I get back healthy. I would recommend him to everyone.

August 2nd, 2016
Great doctor.
Dr Gaal is amazing. He really cares about his patients.

January 24th, 2016
Dr. Wade Gaal - simply the best Physican/Surgeon
I am writing this review to let others know what a great doctor and surgeon we have found in Dr. Wade Gaal. A co-worker of mine told me about his first appointment with Dr. Gaal and I was so impressed at the care and time Dr. Gaal took with my co-worker that I immediately knew that he was the doctor that my husband and I had been searching for so long. I made an appointment for both our yearly physicals and Dr. Gaal took his time with each of us. I had brought our most recent blood tests for his review and he took his time reading them and the medical histories that I had prepared. He was very up to date on the latest studies regarding our medications and we appreciated his suggestion that we lower one of the blood pressure medications my husband takes due to side effects of long-term use and replace it with another safer medication. I have had hematuria (blood in the urine, in my case, microscopic) for many years and have always told any new doctor that, indeed I know about it, I have had 2 IVP’s many years ago and am not concerned because, after all, it has been there for years with no symptoms of anything serious. And I am not a smoker, a risk factor for bladder cancer. Dr. Gaal is the first doctor that said, fine and dandy, but we have to get to the bottom of this! I realize now that very other doctor should have said that, too. He couldn’t believe that I had not been sent to a urlogoist and had his office send me a referral immediately. I had another issue that I wanted taken care of but he said first things first, let’s make sure that the microscopic blood is not an indicator of something serious. Having just lost a friend to bladder cancer that was not diagnosed for 4 years, even though he also had hematuria, I am deeply grateful for Dr. Gaal’s persistence about having it checked out completely once and for all. My friend’s doctor 4 years ago thought it was a bladder infection and did no further checking. He died last week, 4 weeks after it was finally diagnosed at Stage 4. To Dr. Gaal, making me get it checked out completely was probably nothing, just a part of everyday good doctoring, but to me, let’s just say I went home feeling like we finally had a really good doctor that actually cared about his patients. Now comes the part that I am most impressed with Dr. Gaal. I had one pilar tumor (thanks to Dr. Gaal I now know the actual name) over ten years ago. It grew to be really big and angry red and was at the top of my head. When I finally went to the doctor to do something about it, I was referred to a general surgeon. This surgeon thought it was a sebaceous cyst and operated on me in a hospital, put me under anesthesia (which of course required an anesthetist) and left me with a botched operation and a hefty bill. I say botched because, as I now know, he could not have had any knowledge of pilar tumors because he would have operated very differently. Because of his inexperience, it came back very quickly and also brought along several others, which now meant I had proliferating pilar tumors. When I met Dr. Gaal, at first glance he knew exactly what these huge bumps on my head were, why the first one came back, and made a plan of attack. Because he knew that each tumor was encapsulated and the risk of breaking the encapsulation was high, he was extremely careful in handing each surgery. He knew exactly what to do and even talked to me giving me a play by play during each procedure. And guess what? No hospital, no anesthesia! Dr. Gaal is an experienced surgeon who knew he could take care of it right in the office in their surgical procedure room. And because my sister in another state has the same problem on her head and her doctor also thought they were sebaceous cysts, Dr. Gaal was kind enough to take photos so that I could send them to my sister so that she could enlighten her doctor. I’m sure he will also use them for teaching purposes, too, but I was grateful for the photos as was my sister. To close, I can’t say enough about Dr. Gaal, both as a physician and a surgeon. We plan to move out of the country in a year or so but I know one thing, we will fly back to see Dr. Gaal. He is that good! We would trust our health to no one else.

January 21st, 2014
Best doctor I've ever had
Dr. Gaal spends time with patients and talks to them as if they are people (not "patients" like other doctors do). He explains things in simple terms and he makes patients very comfortable in his presence. He is also excellent at getting to the root of a problem and solving the issue from there. I have since moved away and I don't believe I'll ever have a doctor as good as he is.

December 3rd, 2013
I love him so much!!
Dr. Gaal is the best doctor that I have ever been to in my entire life! Not only is he truly caring and understanding, but he knows exactly what he's talking about! I saw multiple doctors at the Wellness Center for my condition and none of them could properly diagnose me. Dr. Gaal walked in, listened to me talk, and told me exactly what was wrong within minutes, unlike those other doctors who have been practicing for much longer. Because of him, I was able to get my problem taken care of, which I didn't even think was possible. He even let me come back for a check-up after I had already graduated from UNLV to make sure that I was ok after the surgery. He may be young, but he is such an intelligent man and knows what he's doing. He will tell you the honest truth and go out of his way to help you. I felt extremely comfortable around him and talked to him like he was my friend. He deserves much more recognition for what he does. I will always be grateful for what Dr. Gaal has done for me and will never forget it. I wish that there was something I could do to repay him.

October 29th, 2013
Best doctor by far
I was recently injured in a car crash that surfaced a few problems that had been fixed with surgery last year. I had seen several doctors, a surgeon, and two pain management doctors who weren't able to help me with my situation. All of the doctors accept for the surgeon did not care about my well-being. All they cared about was writing me a prescription for pain meds and giving me steroid injections for the pay check that they would receive from my insurance. The first time I saw Dr. Gaal, he spent almost an hour listening to my situation and giving me a diagnostic exam. He truly cares about the patient and is willing to do whatever is necessary to get you back to your normal health. Without his help, I would be be without answers and be in pain for the rest of my life. He has been my lifesaver and I am forever grateful!

October 17th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
when i first met him, he told me that my previous treatment wasnt optimized. At first i did not agree, but after 3 months he fixed the problem. i felt he can be loud but its because he really like what he does. I can not see him anymore as I graduated but i want to say he is a doctor that deserves some gratitude.

July 12th, 2012
Saved my life
He followed up with me a year after I stopped going to his office, just to make sure I followed up on an ultrasound. He made me schedule an appointment that day, and when I did, they diagnosed me with cancer. Because of him, I was able to get it removed and treated early.

July 8th, 2012
How can I get to see this doctor?
I was a patient of his while being admitted to University Medical Center and I ended up in the Intensive Care Unit there for a very bad infection. I have never had such a caring doctor! He explained everything to me and most of all my family, especially my husband.He is no longer working at Fire Mesa, Is there anyway I can locate this doctor?

November 28th, 2011
Wonderful Physician
I cannot believe how well Dr. Gaal was weathering all my questions and spending time explaining things to me in a way where I felt I understood my own health. I actually felt, that I had some control over my own health and he was empowering me with knowledge so I could be apart of the decisions. He did a surgical procedure in which I needed and throughout the entire time I felt comfortable and in good hands. We need more like him. Thank you Dr. Gaal, thank you!

April 13th, 2011
Great Doctor.G
Dr Gaal is a wonderful doctor. He has helped me so much. He's very thorough & unlike other doctors shows he cares. I hope if Dr Gaal does move on I will be able to continue to see him. Thank you

November 27th, 2010
Love this doctor
I personally have a lot of problems and I want to say that I have never met a doctor that is willing to address them all. I have a specialist for this and that, but this doctor looks at all my problems, including my psychiatric problems, and addresses ME, not my diseases.I have never filled one of these out but I will do it for this young doctor because there are only a few true good doctors and this is one of them.